[GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KB
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Post by KB »

goke313 wrote:won't bother writing about US defeating Germany...due to their GD
If
German defeats US (1-0)
Ghana defeats Portugal (1-0)
pts GD
Germany 7 5
US 4 0
Ghana 4 0
Portugal 1 -5
US qualifies do to H2H

If
German defeats US (1-0)
Ghana defeats Portugal (2-0)
pts GD
Germany 7 5
Ghana 4 1
US 4 0
Portugal 1 -6
Ghana qualifies do to H2H
Shouldn't the highlighted be: Ghana qualifies due to GD?
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

wale1974 wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image
Look at my boy Omar Gonzalez :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Omar Gonzalez is garbage player by all standards! I said this even before the WC started. The guy is garbage! What Klinsy sees in this guy is beyond me. He is a terrible defender! He has the lowest football IQ in the whole tournament. Even Cameroonian defenders have more brain than him. This guy is not good to play defense for Under-17 team. He is that bad!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP G] USA 2 {Jones, Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani, Varela} F

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:This feels like last year's NBA finals where Spurs had the game in game six but gave it away to Heats. Spurs couldn't come back from that heart breaking loss! And I was depressed for the two days before game 7. I am honestly depressed!! Just don't know what to say. It also feels like Olympic 2008 where the USA had the game against Holland only to give it away on a free kick and Hollland tied the game. The team never recovered as they lost to Nigeria. This is stupid. American Outlaws should start packing their bags because it will take a miracle to even get a draw against Germany!!

Gutted!! Depressed!!! SMHBT!!

I was stunned the moment Bradley foolishly and selfishly coughed it up in the middle. Even before that, Klinsmann was urging the team to fall back in depth. I have no idea why they were playing so high up with 90 seconds to go. Cameron just couldn't get back fast enough.

Still, I'm quietly confident. The team played marvelously overall. We should have taken this game and everybody knows it. I think we're more than capable of getting 1 - 3 points against Germany.

For me, this was a delay of the inevitable. Portugal still has something to play for. Both they and Ghana are beat up and desperate. In contrast, the US and Germany need a draw to mutually move ahead...and I believe they're fitter and better prepared for the longer haul.

This was a watershed moment for US football. The whole nation is into it. Young boys are really discovering the magic of representing the US in global football. We played fluently and took the game to a strong opponent.

The US continues to progress. I'm looking forward to the game against Germany.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Bradley self....as soon as he casually lost the ball and started jogging like Mikel, I knew trouble was brewing.

I'm pretty disgusted with Bradley. Losing the ball was utterly selfish and reckless. Maybe missing that sitter made him determined to make good?

A guy aspiring to be an solid international class player should never take such chances in such a situation. He should have just booted the ball and ran back for dear life. A moment of weakness...and then BAM!!!

We could have had 3 points, qualification, and time to rest. Now we have to endure the angst of an awkward match against Germany, where both sides will be unsure about whether to tier or beat one another.

Cheers, Mate
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Bradley made an amateur mistake. 30 seconds left and you had the ball in their half with little pressure. Portugal had even given up. Find an open man in the corner or just blast it towards Beto. He tried shielding ball and dribbling. yeye
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

If Ghana contains Ronaldo, they will crush portugal
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:This feels like last year's NBA finals where Spurs had the game in game six but gave it away to Heats. Spurs couldn't come back from that heart breaking loss! And I was depressed for the two days before game 7. I am honestly depressed!! Just don't know what to say. It also feels like Olympic 2008 where the USA had the game against Holland only to give it away on a free kick and Hollland tied the game. The team never recovered as they lost to Nigeria. This is stupid. American Outlaws should start packing their bags because it will take a miracle to even get a draw against Germany!!

I was stunned the moment Bradley foolishly and selfishly coughed it up in the middle. Even before that, Klinsmann was urging the team to fall back in depth. I have no idea why they were playing so high up with 90 seconds to go. Cameron just couldn't get back fast enough.

Still, I'm quietly confident. The team played marvelously overall. We should have taken this game and everybody knows it. I think we're more than capable of getting 1 - 3 points against Germany.

For me, this was a delay of the inevitable. Portugal still has something to play for. Both they and Ghana are beat up and desperate. In contrast, the US and Germany need a draw to mutually move ahead...and I believe they're fitter and better prepared for the longer haul.

This was a watershed moment for US football. The whole nation is into it. Young boys are really discovering the magic of representing the US in global football. We played fluently and took the game to a strong opponent.

The US continues to progress. I'm looking forward to the game against Germany.

Cheers, Mate
To be honest, when Yeltsin finally took the ball to the opponent's corner flag Klinsman was screaming for them to stay up top not fall back. He told them to cage them in right there. Now Bradley messed up big time by not releasing the ball to an open man and move up to receive the pass or just kick the ball to the corner flag for a throw in. Situation like this requires the coach to scream for his player to just hoof the ball to the corner flag on the opposite side.

Now, Box2Box X Box (M. Bradley) lost the ball, but very few USA players were in their own box. I mean they had numbers. Omar Gonzalez is a short-one in any set up. I knew the USA would pay for it as soon as he was brought on -I was telling people this as it unfolded. He simply just does not have the confidence at all, and he has been suffering from self confidence for a while now. On that one Klinsman messed.

Now that I have calmed down. USA can still get the result. If USA had won that game I have no doubt in my mind they'd have gone all out against Germany, because that'd have been a chance to just eliminate Germany from the competition once and for all. No need to wait for knock out round. But as it seems now, USA will have to play another final game against Germany. Hopefully Besler will be fit for the match. No Omar Gonzalez for the duration of US stay in Brasil. He is a short-one!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

juventuss wrote:Bradley made an amateur mistake. 30 seconds left and you had the ball in their half with little pressure. Portugal had even given up. Find an open man in the corner or just blast it towards Beto. He tried shielding ball and dribbling. yeye
The coach and his teammates were at fault. Nobody talked to him so he thought he had time on the ball. They should be screaming in situation like this one. Bradley messed up by trusting his teammates but not at fault. If that makes sense.

***Breda = Br****
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Howard is a great keeper and all that, but could he have done better on that 2nd goal, by coming out and punching away Ronaldo's cross ?
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:If Ghana contains Ronaldo, they will crush portugal
Ghana is not going to crush Portugal. If Ghana tries to play an open game by leaving C-Ron 1 on 1 they will pay dearly. You just saw what happened to the United states didn't you?

C-ron will operate from the left, Ghanaian's weak side, and will finally score some goals if Ghana don't double up on him. Now on the other side, Atsu should have a field day against the right back of Portugal. It is not going to end well for either team. Ghana is not good defensively.

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

femibyte wrote:Howard is a great keeper and all that, but could he have done better on that 2nd goal, by coming out and punching away Ronaldo's cross ?
It was a teasing cross, bro. But like I have been saying on this site since the WC started, Keepers need to be keeping their arms up at all times. Remember Ochoa? He was able to save Mexico from Brasil because he kept his hands up. Howard on a few occasions didn't keep his arms up. If only he had put up his arms he might have saved both goals.

***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:To be honest, when Yeltsin finally took the ball to the opponent's corner flag Klinsman was screaming for them to stay up top not fall back. He told them to cage them in right there.
Then I misread the direction he was waving, as I thought he wanted them to fall back...which to me is the more prudent thing to do.

Regardless, I still think Bradley should have been alert and conservative, blasting the ball up field or out of bounds. He paid big time obviously.

I actually think the US and Germany will play cautiously, with both ready to accept a tie. Germany and the USA will probably tacitly tie. FIFA gave them a group of death, hot Manaus, and insane travel. Both sides have lots of injuries.

I can easily see both teams conceding to this, given how beaten up and tired they are.

Cheers, Mate
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:To be honest, when Yeltsin finally took the ball to the opponent's corner flag Klinsman was screaming for them to stay up top not fall back. He told them to cage them in right there.
Then I misread the direction he was waving, as I thought he wanted them to fall back...which to me is the more prudent thing to do.

Regardless, I still think Bradley should have been alert and conservative, blasting the ball up field or out of bounds. He paid big time obviously.

I actually think the US and Germany will play cautiously, with both ready to accept a tie. Germany and the USA will probably tacitly tie. FIFA gave them a group of death, hot Manaus, and insane travel. Both sides have lots of injuries.

I can easily see both teams conceding to this, given how beaten up and tired they are.

Cheers, Mate
Now that my head is clear, I don't see USA losing to Germany. History is there to back this up, and this team has 2 days to get over this disappointment. So I agree with you and I also see both teams conceding to tying the game. But if Germany strikes then it will be a disaster for them. Quote me on this.

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

green4life wrote:

I don't see this USA team losing to Germany. So get yourself together man and while your at it tell your boy to practice how to shield the damn ball. If he needs help, I can forward him some Mikel tapes :rotf:
Now I know the importance of back pass, bro. :lol:

***Breda = Br****
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

wale1974 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Why are people rooting for Ghana?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Because they hate USA
how about because Ghana is a brother team from West Africa, they have a proud tradition of great football, they are playing brilliant attacking soccer, and deserve to be in the next round?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

goke313 wrote:Image/thread

Wow!! Box2Box X Box had the field to utilize there. But I blame his teammates for not calling for the ball. He should have been screamed at to do something good with the ball.

***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image/thread

Wow!! Box2Box X Box had the field to utilize there. But I blame his teammates for not calling for the ball. He should have been screamed at to do something good with the ball.

To me, he had enough time to be aware and respond to what was going on around him. It looked like he tried to pull a move, as opposed to just pushing it into space. Any space would have done...even out of bounds.

But I think he'll be okay. The American machine is addressing this. Klinsmann. His teammates. Family. Team psychologists. If any sports culture knows how to discuss these things and work a player through it in a constructive way...it's the American.

I'm absolutely sure of this!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers, Mate
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Germany beats USA and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 and the midgets are thru to rd 2
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

kolinzo wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image
Look at my boy Omar Gonzalez :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Omar Gonzalez is garbage player by all standards! I said this even before the WC started. The guy is garbage! What Klinsy sees in this guy is beyond me. He is a terrible defender! He has the lowest football IQ in the whole tournament. Even Cameroonian defenders have more brain than him. This guy is not good to play defense for Under-17 team. He is that bad!!
He brought him in to deal with the aerial attacks towards the end and he failed against Varela, Omar was one of the reason US struggled earlier during the WC qualifier.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

kolinzo wrote:
juventuss wrote:Bradley made an amateur mistake. 30 seconds left and you had the ball in their half with little pressure. Portugal had even given up. Find an open man in the corner or just blast it towards Beto. He tried shielding ball and dribbling. yeye
The coach and his teammates were at fault. Nobody talked to him so he thought he had time on the ball. They should be screaming in situation like this one. Bradley messed up by trusting his teammates but not at fault. If that makes sense.
Not with that kind of space. Bradley had no one within tackling distance of him. Turn around. find the young speedy guy on the wing or find wonderlowski to take the ball to the corner.

That is all he had to do.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bret- hart wrote:Germany beats USA and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 and the midgets are thru to rd 2
U wish cartoon boy, your "No chance" thread is still in my bookmark
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley