Ghana's only hope from Germany

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana's only hope from Germany

Post by bret- hart »

Ghana should beat Portugal. The problem is will Low open a can of whoopa$$ on his buddy's team? I don't trust the Germans when it comes to this kind of scenarios. Old folks like Pa Ohsee still remember 1982 and how the Algerians were screwed out of a place in the 2nd round. If I were Appiah, I would go the press and put pressure on Low to be professional and approach the game with the utmost seriousness.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

bret- hart wrote:Ghana should beat Portugal. The problem is will Low open a can of whoopa$$ on his buddy's team? I don't trust the Germans when it comes to this kind of scenarios. Old folks like Pa Ohsee still remember 1982 and how the Algerians were screwed out of a place in the 2nd round. If I were Appiah, I would go the press and put pressure on Low to be professional and approach the game with the utmost seriousness.
How about Ghana opening yansh for Portugal so the USA won't qualify? Knowing Ghana FA are notorious for corruption Klinsman should make it publicly known so the pressure will be on Ghana not to open yansh for Portugal. Ghana could still sell this game!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Jaidi wrote:
kolinzo wrote:It does not matter what Germany plays, Ghana is not going to beat Portugal. You can take this to the bank.
You also told us Ghana has no chance against Germany, if I remember correctly.
What chance did they have? Did they win? Ghana is not going to beat Portugal, but the problem we should be discussing here is the possibility of Ghana selling the game to Portugal and allow Portugal to beat them at least 4-0.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

goke313 wrote:reason...Why Germany should go for the win instead of settling for a draw

1)Boateng
2)Klose chasing WC goal-scoring record
3)Muellar wanting the golden boot for this tourney

4)1 extra day of rest for Germany
5)teams that have played in Manaus, looked flat in their following match
...they can give those 2 their record and just cancel it out with USA replies. Neure can be fragile.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kolinzo wrote:
Jaidi wrote:
kolinzo wrote:It does not matter what Germany plays, Ghana is not going to beat Portugal. You can take this to the bank.
You also told us Ghana has no chance against Germany, if I remember correctly.
What chance did they have? Did they win? Ghana is not going to beat Portugal, but the problem we should be discussing here is the possibility of Ghana selling the game to Portugal and allow Portugal to beat them at least 4-0.
...what would Ghana gain? Go home in shame?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bret- hart wrote:Ghana should beat Portugal. The problem is will Low open a can of whoopa$$ on his buddy's team? I don't trust the Germans when it comes to this kind of scenarios. Old folks like Pa Ohsee still remember 1982 and how the Algerians were screwed out of a place in the 2nd round. If I were Appiah, I would go the press and put pressure on Low to be professional and approach the game with the utmost seriousness.
...if he say that he better be prepared to back up his comments, FIFA big ax.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

goke313 wrote:reason...Why Germany should go for the win instead of settling for a draw

1)Boateng
I suspect that there will be nonsense going on behind the scenes. Money trumps everything, and a draw is just so convenient in so many ways.

FIFA want USA to win the world cup as soon as possible. At the very least, they want USA to go far, so that American interest in the game picks up. Americans believe they are best on any world stage, and until they achieve that in football, they will keep using the excuse that the game is boring, and won't invest heavily in it.

Then I take into account injuries, yellow cards, exposing your reserved tactics, USA having a German coach, etc. and I don't see either of them pushing extra hard for a win. Nobody who matters to them is going to complain about a draw.

The only problem is trying not to make a draw look too suspicious. A goalless draw is probably the easiest way.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng
I suspect that there will be nonsense going on behind the scenes. Money trumps everything, and a draw is just so convenient in so many ways.

FIFA want USA to win the world cup as soon as possible. At the very least, they want USA to go far, so that American interest in the game picks up. Americans believe they are best on any world stage, and until they achieve that in football, they will keep using the excuse that the game is boring, and won't invest heavily in it.

Then I take into account injuries, yellow cards, exposing your reserved tactics, USA having a German coach, etc. and I don't see either of them pushing extra hard for a win. Nobody who matters to them is going to complain about a draw.

The only problem is trying not to make a draw look too suspicious. A goalless draw is probably the easiest way.
Kpom = nothing more to add.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng

Conspiracy theory unmasked! You've nailed it: FIFA and the USSF are colluding to advance the US in the world cup in order to promote American interest in football! Because everybody knows that football in the US has no serious support and needs all the behind the scenes nonsense help it can get.

Small wonder 5 minutes of extra time was added against Portugal...so that we might improve our goal difference in a potential tie breaker for 1st place. Right?

:wink:

Glad you cleared such things up. Thanks.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

mate wrote:Conspiracy theory unmasked! You've nailed it: FIFA and the USSF are colluding to advance the US in the world cup in order to promote American interest in football! Because everybody knows that football in the US has no serious support and needs all the behind the scenes nonsense help it can get.

Small wonder 5 minutes of extra time was added against Portugal...so that we might improve our goal difference in a potential tie breaker for 1st place. Right?

Cheers, Mate
5 minutes as opposed to what? Yeah, the ref should have declared no extra time. Nice and subtle like that. :)

Besides, you are the one intimating blatant refereeing assistance.

The sort of stuff I am talking about is more subtle. There are advantages just to being "on the same page as FIFA". Why go all out to knock USA out if you don't have to and FIFA would prefer you didn't?

I am talking about simply going with the political flow. You can't pin it down quite as easily as your straw man non-example of an unexpected extra time goal.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

sinequanon wrote:
mate wrote:Conspiracy theory unmasked! You've nailed it: FIFA and the USSF are colluding to advance the US in the world cup in order to promote American interest in football! Because everybody knows that football in the US has no serious support and needs all the behind the scenes nonsense help it can get.

Cheers, Mate
5 minutes as opposed to what? Yeah, the ref should have declared no extra time. Nice and subtle like that. :)

Besides, you are the one intimating blatant refereeing assistance.

The sort of stuff I am talking about is more subtle. There are advantages just to being "on the same page as FIFA". Why go all out to knock USA out if you don't have to and FIFA would prefer you didn't?

I am talking about simply going with the political flow. You can't pin it down quite as easily as your straw man non-example of an unexpected extra time goal.

Of course, everything you intimate is more subtle and truthful...and what you intimate that others are intimating is not.

GTFO!

:)

Listen you clown, as I said when you made your appearance and started to BS in the Croatia thread, you are neither knowledgeable nor genuine enough to be taken seriously here.

Suddenly you're interested in FIFA, game matching, and football? Here you are, ready to defend Ghana against a conspiracy between FIFA, the US, and Germany. Yeah right.

You're just being your usual word bandying troll. You'd just as quickly attack somebody who is genuinely interested and and actually might agree with you. For you, it's all about fighting and arguing, for the purpose of casting personal aspersion, as opposed to enjoying the game and comraderie, to the extend that this exists on a chat board.

Look, it's fine by me. Life is still life. I give you the benefit of the doubt in real life. I'll be sure to give you a shout, inviting you to Mama Calabar when I hit London. But on CE, you're just BSing.

Watch the games. Comment intelligently. By all means, throw in some yabs. But make it genuine and relevant.

Anyway, I'm about to turn on the 2 games. Enjoy the WC...and hope to hear your thoughts on games you actually watched within a reasonable time frame...and, don't forget to throw in the misrepresentations of my personal history.

:biggrin:

All the best.

Cheers, Mate
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

mate wrote:Here you are, ready to defend Ghana against a conspiracy between FIFA, the US, and Germany. Yeah right.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

lol, Ghana just happened to be in the same group. I wasn't even thinking about that! Separate point! :lol:

I made the same point yesterday..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=250594#p4244289
First sign of a well drilled West African defence has been Ghana vs Germany, imo.
You are fighting your own toxic energy.

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng

This right here is the opaks of the tournament. How did you know America is not investing heavily in this game? Did you base this on feelings or facts? Because if you based this on facts then you'd know no country in the world has invested in soccer more than the United States of America these past years. USA is setting goals and when they don't get it they invest some more, contrary to your made up facts that they are waiting to win or be regarded as the BEST ON THE WORLD STAGE before they start investing heavily. How does one wait to be called the best before he starts investing? Makes no sense.

***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng

This right here is the opaks of the tournament. How did you know America is not investing heavily in this game? Did you base this on feelings or facts? Because if you based this on facts then you'd know no country in the world has invested in soccer more than the United States of America these past years. USA is setting goals and when they don't get it they invest some more, contrary to your made up facts that they are waiting to win or be regarded as the BEST ON THE WORLD STAGE before they start investing heavily. How does one wait to be called the best before he starts investing? Makes no sense.

Trust me Kolinzo, he's not interested in a genuine back and forth. He's going to engage in all kinds of BS to throw the discussion into turmoil.

Cheers, Mate
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

kolinzo wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng

Dude, use your brain. Investment is linked to return, and until football captures the public imagination in the US, that return is not attractive. It is clear to most people that, if US were to win the world cup. the investment would increase substantially.

It is you who is yarning opaks with your "no country in the world has invested in soccer more than the United States of America these past years". That is just gaswork.

It is not a question of "waiting to win". It is just a fact which any investment faces, that it is held back or influenced by projected returns. It is clear to any sensible person that FIFA would like to see football become a mainstream sport in America and know that winning and having to defend the world cup would be instrumental in that vision.

Right now, football is not mainstream. Yet it probably has the potential to overtake tennis and golf. Way to go.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

sinequanon wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng

Dude, use your brain. Investment is linked to return, and until football captures the public imagination in the US, that return is not attractive. It is clear to most people that, if US were to win the world cup. the investment would increase substantially.

It is you who is yarning opaks with your "no country in the world has invested in soccer more than the United States of America these past years". That is just gaswork.

It is not a question of "waiting to win". It is just a fact which any investment faces, that it is held back or influenced by projected returns. It is clear to any sensible person that FIFA would like to see football become a mainstream sport in America and know that winning and having to defend the world cup would be instrumental in that vision.

Right now, football is not mainstream. Yet it probably has the potential to overtake tennis and golf. Way to go.

I warned you Kolinzo.

You're in danger of falling into an abyss of never ending word bandying.

Let's see how many more threads he's going to pollute with his nonsense.

Cheers, Mate
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Watch USA beat Germany and let us see respond here
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kajifu wrote:Watch USA beat Germany and let us see respond here

Are you high? USA beat Germany in what? Baseball? U think Germany will risk 1st team elimination? lol
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

I am expecting 0 - 0

or a dodgy draw with goals coming from corners.

:tic:

oh, and if they do decide to go the theatrical route, why not make it a late US equalizer to close out the game.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bret- hart wrote:
kajifu wrote:Watch USA beat Germany and let us see respond here

Are you high? USA beat Germany in what? Baseball? U think Germany will risk 1st team elimination? lol

What's first team elimination?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'm still thinking the USA and Germany will play for a tactical draw. It just makes too much sense. They're both tired, injured, and don't need a win, other than perhaps the US wanting 1st place.

Teams play to tactical draws all the time. Typically in away games in league competition. But sometimes in the WC. For example, the SE might play for wins against Iran and BiH and a tie vs Argentina.

I don't believe that the teams will outright fix the match. But tacitly during the match they might accept a draw if it proves too difficult to do otherwise. It is what it is.

That said...I 100% want Team USA to advance!!!

And...the Super Eagles today!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ok, I'm going to be on the SE game threads.

Cheers, Mate
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

sinequanon wrote:

1)Boateng

One should also consider though that since the USA-Portugal game ended, there has only been one topic in German media: Die Schande von Gijon. Type into google, select news and see the results (World Cup 1982, similar scenario, Germany and Austria refused to attack for 80minutes). So while obviously the knowledge of going through with a draw will affect players, they still have to make very sure that it is subtle.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"