Ghana's only hope from Germany

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

If Boateng is benched vs US....Lowe pre-arranged for a draw
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana's only hope from Germany

Post by goke313 »

reason...Why Germany should go for the win instead of settling for a draw

1)Boateng
2)Klose chasing WC goal-scoring record
3)Muellar wanting the golden boot for this tourney
4)1 extra day of rest for Germany
5)teams that have played in Manaus, looked flat in their following match
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

If the United States and Germany draw on Thursday, both will advance to the knockout stage regardless of Ghana and Portugal's result. There have already been questions about how much attacking will occur in that match, as there's precedent for German involvement in a mutually-assured advancement situation.

In 1982, West Germany was in a group with Algeria, Austria and Chile. A 3-2 Algeria win in its last match meant Algeria would be the first team to reach the knockout stage unless West Germany beat Austria by one or two goals -- in which case both European sides would advance. After Germany's Horst Hrubesch put the Germans in front in the 10th minute, both teams realized they were through if results held and basically stopped playing for the final 80 minutes (0 shots, barely any tackles, etc.).

The incident is what prompted FIFA to change the format of the final match of the group stage. All four teams in a group now play their third match simultaneously to avoid this scenario.

ESPN
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Germans will defeat the USA pod funky by a wide margin

It is up to Ghana to do the biz
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Berlin will riot if they draw or heaven forbid lose, they are going for the throat
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Here's the list of tiebreakers that FIFA would use. They start with the first scenario, and go down the list until one of the rules breaks the tie.

1. Greatest number of points obtained in all the group matches.
2. Goal difference in the group matches.
3. Greatest number of goals scored in the group matches.

Almost every time, ties will be broken by one of those three rules. However, should the teams remained tied, FIFA has more tiebreakers.

4. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.
5. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned.
6. Drawing of lots by the FIFA Organizing Committee.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Qualified: No-one

Eliminated: No-one

Still at stake: With Germany and the United States on four points, and Ghana and Portugal on one, there are a lot of possibilities in Group G.

Germany and the United States play each other on Thursday, with a draw ensuring passage for both and top spot for Germany on goal difference. A win for either would open the door for Ghana and Portugal to slip into second place.

If Germany win, Portugal would need to beat Ghana and hope they can overturn a goal difference deficit of five with the United States. If the United States win, Portugal would have to win and close a deficit of eight goals with Germany to pip them.

Ghana have a better goal difference than Portugal, -1 to -4, so if they beat Portugal and the United States lose then Ghana would go through provided they surpassed the goal difference deficit of two between them and the United States.

If Ghana won 1-0 and the United States lost 1-0, however, both would be on four points each with the same goal difference. In that case, the United States would qualify because they beat Ghana in their group game earlier.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world ... 7tiyQ.dpuf
Calidad
Egg
Egg

Post by Calidad »

Ghana is pretty much toast. No incentive for the US or Germany to go all out.
"The problem with England is that 'no hay calidad' (there's no quality), save the occasional glimpse from Beckham or Scholes" - ex-Real Madrid midfielder Michel
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

YUJAM wrote:The Germans will defeat the USA pod funky by a wide margin

deep down within the recesses of your soul,you know you are just clowning...only a delusional sleeper will think Germany will just walk over this USNT,the same US scored 4 goals on Germany last time they met in a highly charged friendly.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

You're biased when it comes to the US :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

It does not matter what Germany plays, Ghana is not going to beat Portugal. You can take this to the bank.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

kolinzo wrote:It does not matter what Germany plays, Ghana is not going to beat Portugal. You can take this to the bank.
The teams that play the best football will qualify.

Let's see what happens
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ok
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

platinum wrote:

You're biased when it comes to the US :rotf:
But not bias when it comes to Tax Refund and School loans...............Bunch of traitors :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:It does not matter what Germany plays, Ghana is not going to beat Portugal. You can take this to the bank.

Portugal is probably the team that best matches up to Ghana style wise. They have the tightest ball control and passing of these teams, which is better suited to dealing with Ghana's high pressure midfield. We will see.

But like I said in earlier comments, Portugal won't roll over for anybody. Pepe is back. Ronaldo wants to prove something.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Only 4 teams have lost their first match in WC and qualified for the second round. Let's see if the trend will continue
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

USA beaten Ghana already so its head to head rule first.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

This will not happen. Even if this were a competitive match, Germany would strugle to beat US. But as it is, Ghana is out. So sad, they balled and deserved so much more. Two corner kicks did them in.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:

Portugal is probably the team that best matches up to Ghana style wise. They have the tightest ball control and passing of these teams, which is better suited to dealing with Ghana's high pressure midfield. We will see.

But like I said in earlier comments, Portugal won't roll over for anybody. Pepe is back. Ronaldo wants to prove something.

Cheers, Mate
With the Black Stars useless defense, with Muntari out of the game, I don't know what is giving these guys here any confidence at all. And with a goalie who does not fit to keep for a USL team? I mean, my prayer is for Portugal not to score about four goals in this game. I mean it would be sad if Portugal beat Ghana 4-0 and USA loses to Germany. I mean that means Portugal will qualify? I am afraid of what Portugal is going to do to Ghana.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Kolinzo, all my hopes are with the US in this group.

That is why I hope we play securely enough to at least get a tie. Let's opportunistically get a win. Especially when Germany would win 1st place with a tie.

Portugal vs Ghana will be a war. Both teams will go at it in the hope that they can win 2nd place.

Brutal group. Some of the best football I've seen in many years. All the teams are to be commended.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

nemi2002 wrote:Only 4 teams have lost their first match in WC and qualified for the second round. Let's see if the trend will continue
well Ghana was one of them
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

You also told us Ghana has no chance against Germany, if I remember correctly.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

One thing's for sure, both games on Thursday is going to be a slugfest.