Kolinzo, mate and other usa fans

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

freeway
Egg
Egg
Kolinzo, mate and other usa fans

Post by freeway »

We all know Cameron and besler have been solid in defense and Johnson has been a gem at right back...but I wanna talk about Beasley...I must admit I thought this dude would be the weak link in defense but he has definitely proven me wrong...he has not put a foot wrong in this tournament and has had back to back solid games...he's not as fast as he used to be but men this guy has been very impressive at left back and his partnership with besler on the left side of defense is pleasing to watch...he's the first American to play in 4 World Cups...BTW this is just my opinion but I think when it's all said and done barring injuries, besler would be the best ever center back to put on a usa jersey...he's a rock back there and I wonder why he hasn't moved to Europe.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kolinzo, mate and other usa fans

Post by mcal »

...Damacus Beasley is a very obedient player and having played in the wc since 2002 knows his onions. Dude has been honing his trade in the Mexican league where football playing is as tough and fast too. Am glad for the guy.
omonija
Egg
Egg
So, African Star and others... Let's discuss the USA MNT

Post by omonija »

Let's discuss the USA MNT

So are they really just that good, or have they just been underestimated by both ghana and portugal?

What is their tactical strategy, and how should teams be lining up against them? they seem like they shouldn't be a tough nut to crack, but we've seen both ghana and portugal stumble in their games.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Give Beasley credit. He totally proved me wrong. He still has solid pace. He definitely has stamina.

But what really impresses me is his fight. He also has committed himself to proper positioning and timing. What more can you ask of a player?

Nearly the entire roster plays so efficiently, to their capability. When you have warriors like this, yes, cliched as it sounds, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. In this context, Beasley is going to go down as one of the great players in American football lore, being a versatile and dependable cog in this context.

With 4 world cups under his belt, Beasley can be proud...just not yet. No, he and Team USA have more work to do, namely in bringing us deeper into this tournament.

And then when the smoke clears...he can savor the glory.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Mate <--- Rooting for the American Jaegers!!!
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I am very impressed with Beasley. I had forgotten that he was still playing footie, until I looked closely at the "bald old bearded black guy".....

Bradley on the other hand....mscheeeeeeeeeeeew. I dislike players who are not trying hard. If Muntari bullied him in game 1, what was his excuse?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Chief, the difference between Bradley and Beasley is a great football teaching lesson. One of these players knows what he can do and what he can't. He plays disciplined to stay within his boundaries. He's helping the team.

It seems that Bradley is attempting to go outside his boundaries. Too many risks in ill advised situations. He better get his act together. All he needs to do is to be steady, sure, and wait for the opportunity to make an incisive play. He's trying to hard to force such things.

But I definitely believe Klinsmann is addressing this. Jurgen is the last coach who would let go what happened last night. I think Bradley will fall more in line and be better.

Cheers, Mate
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: So, African Star and others... Let's discuss the USA MNT

Post by mcal »

...because football/soccer is not number one sport in America many underestimate them. Since they hosted 1994 wc and have since been to all world cups till now people do look down on them.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

It's funny how people want to give Costa Rica and Austrailia all the props but because it's the USMNT...
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

freeway wrote:We all know Cameron and besler have been solid in defense and Johnson has been a gem at right back...but I wanna talk about Beasley...I must admit I thought this dude would be the weak link in defense but he has definitely proven me wrong...he has not put a foot wrong in this tournament and has had back to back solid games...he's not as fast as he used to be but men this guy has been very impressive at left back and his partnership with besler on the left side of defense is pleasing to watch...he's the first American to play in 4 World Cups...BTW this is just my opinion but I think when it's all said and done barring injuries, besler would be the best ever center back to put on a usa jersey...he's a rock back there and I wonder why he hasn't moved to Europe.
Let me first of all say Cameron has not been solid this WC. He cost USA yesterday and had a horrible performance. He is an EPL player who plays for Stoke City. A Stoke City defender should not be caught playing like he did against Portugal. Maybe it is the effect of downtime from Britannia...you know...from cold weather in Britannia to the heat of Amazonian forest.

Now Damercus Beasley has always been a beast. He went through a period he was overlooked in the midfield and being a guy who would give the best to his team he took the position at left back when the then coach offered him that. Since then he has been a beast in the left back.

Besler is a beast and I think he will be the guy for the USA if he stays in form. But make no mistakes about it MLS has lots of good defenders and guys are just waiting for their time to come.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

kalani JR wrote:It's funny how people want to give Costa Rica and Austrailia all the props but because it's the USMNT...
Yeah and all of those people live in the United States. Speaking of biting the hand that feeds you. :lol:

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:Chief, the difference between Bradley and Beasley is a great football teaching lesson. One of these players knows what he can do and what he can't. He plays disciplined to stay within his boundaries. He's helping the team.

It seems that Bradley is attempting to go outside his boundaries. Too many risks in ill advised situations. He better get his act together. All he needs to do is to be steady, sure, and wait for the opportunity to make an incisive play. He's trying to hard to force such things.

But I definitely believe Klinsmann is addressing this. Jurgen is the last coach who would let go what happened last night. I think Bradley will fall more in line and be better.

Cheers, Mate
I really can't blame Bradley for that goal because it was on play that his teammates couldn't help him out. USA was completely out of position due to Klinsman's order to go up front. That goal took two passes from the midfield!!

***Breda = Br****
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kolinzo wrote:
kalani JR wrote:It's funny how people want to give Costa Rica and Austrailia all the props but because it's the USMNT...
Yeah and all of those people live in the United States. Speaking of biting the hand that feeds you. :lol:
Many Africans fear the rising power of the USMNT because they feel that they should be major powers first. It doesn't work that way. Also they ignore the fact that soccer existed here way before the 94 World Cup . The USMNT played in the first World Cup and the Open Cup is one of the oldest come petitions in the sport. Not to mention the NASL.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

kolinzo wrote:
Now Damercus Beasley ... is a guy who would give the best to his team.
This why I would like Keshi to try Babatunde as the two stalwarts shielding our defence, him and Onazi, instead of Onazi and Mikel or Mikel playing the same role he does for Chelsea leaving him and Onazi to roam the MF. He is going to be a beast once our coaches know how to utilize him probably.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:Chief, the difference between Bradley and Beasley is a great football teaching lesson. One of these players knows what he can do and what he can't. He plays disciplined to stay within his boundaries. He's helping the team.

Cheers, Mate
I really can't blame Bradley for that goal because it was on play that his teammates couldn't help him out. USA was completely out of position due to Klinsman's order to go up front. That goal took two passes from the midfield!!

Bradley is largely at blame. he is the "star" midfielder, the one you want to have possession at that crucial time. He was supposed to be aware of his location, surrounding, as well as those of his teammates. He carelessly lost the ball and put his teammates under the kind of pressure they failed to handle.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Team USA is a TEAM. Outside of GK Howard there is no other player in a top club, but these individuals
play team football with controlled aggression and discipline. When Klinsman finish drilling and polishing
him team, only those who are not paying attention will be shocked.
IMHO they might not be contenders today, but in the very near future they will be.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

joao wrote:Team USA is a TEAM. Outside of GK Howard there is no other player in a top club, but these individuals
play team football with controlled aggression and discipline. When Klinsman finish drilling and polishing
him team, only those who are not paying attention will be shocked.
IMHO they might not be contenders today, but in the very near future they will be.
Take out Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Netherland, Spain, who out there will the USA not contend with? You see I don't like when you guys come here to tell us how USA is not a contender. For the past 10years they have been in top 20 in WC years. Yet people keep underestimating them. They have been to the second round 3 out of 6 times (but if you take out 1990 when they featured a bunch of college players because they had no league then that will be 3 out of 5 times). Which team is better? And USA players are playing for the top teams.

But I agree that the future is bright.

***Breda = Br****
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Great response fellows :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I was even surprised when Beasley was called. I though l thought he stopped playing soccer. He was smarty at the beginning of the Ghana game and pulled it off with back to back solid performances. I thought Nani and C. Ron would they their turns abusing him but to my surprise, he stood his grounds. As much as I thought we did not need Landon Donovan, I am beginning to realize that were may have to use our back up strikers for the rest of the tournament. I don't believe that Dempsey would be ready for the Germany game, and with no Altidore, I am scared! Jones might be out with two yellow cards I believe. As much as I don't like it, Ojoro will have to take place.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I must say this World cup is one of the best shocking with surprise even though African teams mess me up with poor showing.
Hopefully SE,Costa Rica and USA will not let me down.
This USA team is no joke and i think we will miss a top striker against Germany.
SE should take care of Messi and co today
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Hopefully Germania will put an end to this nonsense. :roll:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

bret- hart wrote:Hopefully Germania will put an end to this nonsense. :roll:
Whether they put an end to this nonesense or NOT, at the end of the day, its still going to be ....

..... Arsenal for life ! :D

..... Naija for Eternity ! 8-)

..... USA for Today ! :P
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

bret- hart wrote:Hopefully Germania will put an end to this nonsense. :roll:

They will. Together with the USA. These 2 teams will ensure that justice is served...namely, that they both advance!!!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Stay tuned for the next episode. It's called: The United States of America...Engineering a football empire!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Cheers, Mate <--- Rooting for the American Jaegers!!!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

What happened to Bobby Conrad? Dude just disappeared off the radar. I have this weird feeling that this game is gonna get negative headlines all over the media even though we are gonna qualify.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"