[GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Aswani
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (FT)

Post by Aswani »

oloye wrote:
Aswani wrote:
REDSPYDA wrote:We can blame the coach all we want its on the players.. WTF was Tiote doing. Look at the goals against Colombia. How is Jaime Rodriguez outjumping Didier Drogba? Look at the first goal against colombia again. Slopiness in the midfield. Thats not on the coach. I mean guys not using their F'n heads. I will blame the coach where it needs to go. but lets look at the goals bros individual errors.
For this game, Coach Lamouchi handed in a team sheet that included S Kalou and 'Wetin be im correct name sef' Gervinho knowing fully well what they were (in)capable of.

He sabotaged his own team from the off.
If you have Gervinho and Kalou in your team and you cannot use them.....then they should not be there, let me see who should he play Sio
Just use only one of them and play a defender up front or start with 10 players even. They were seemingly competing amonst themselves to see who would be the more incompetent and more of a burden to their team. By the way, Kalou won that battle.
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:SABRI LAMOUCHI JUST QUIT!

there is a GOD, thank you Lord!
The problem is the players. They're the ones who backed a clueless upstart in the first place and chased out a guy who was the closest to winning a trophy( Zahoui).
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Damunk wrote:I, DON'T, BELIEVE, IT!!!!!
Greece beat CIV????????? :ohmy:
They deserved it too.
opine
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP C] GRE 1 V CIV 0 (HT)

Post by opine »

Cellular wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Orion wrote:
green4life wrote:CIV got facked over. Africa gets screwed again. Nothing new.
It would not have been given if the team was one of the big boys like Argentina or Brazil. I've seen incidents like that waved away throughout this tourney.
the ref was definitely on their side

but they should have been wise enuff to see that.. and that Sio bobo..
How?

I guess he instructed them to stroll back with 2 minutes to go in extra time?

The loss is on the CIV coaching staff and the players.
Please Cellular leave all these guys talking nonsense. I put my heart into supporting CIV in this game and they decided to throw it away by being stupid in the dying minutes. Why they were all not behind the ball at that point, they have to asked themselves.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

People slighting Gervinho cannot be serious. The man did his job this World Cup. 2 goals and an assist, what more do you want?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Jaidi wrote:People slighting Gervinho cannot be serious. The man did his job this World Cup. 2 goals and an assist, what more do you want?
yeah he did alright, wonder where civ would be if he did simple things right. i agree with you he did some good things, but where more is needed he was found wanting, but i will give him a pass mark nevertheless, but kalou, dam what an awful player
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wo guys am going to bed, i would need my bp to come down so i can watch naija match properly, the good thing is that we are on a good footing and i hope and pray they would get one over the argies...see ya folks, awon elephanti jaku jaku won yi oni pa mi. Ghana should have been in this group,
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

YUJAM wrote:
oloye wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Yeah but they are tactically weak
REDSPYDA wrote:We can blame the coach all we want its on the players.. WTF was Tiote doing. Look at the goals against Colombia. How is Jaime Rodriguez outjumping Didier Drogba? Look at the first goal against colombia again. Slopiness in the midfield. Thats not on the coach. I mean guys not using their F'n heads. I will blame the coach where it needs to go. but lets look at the goals bros individual errors.
Was Italy or Spain tactically weak....no amount of tactics can compesate for the willingness to do the right things and the heart to follow it through. Tactics is an over glorified jargons, reserved for players who have first the desire to win and the heart to follow it through.
chief
the coach screwed up
attack is the best form of defense.
team went into a defensive posture. he took of gervinho for sio

Like our junior teams we know african teams are $#% at defending and we are better at attacking. If only that attack could be razor sharp and decisive.. After cote d Ivoire equalised they had chances to go 2-3 up on the counter but fluffed the chances..

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Alexei Lalas pisses me right the f- off. Him openly cheering for Greece? Even Ballack was like, "eh..." when he was going on his rant. Then he ends with, "We all have a little Greek in us!" Dude stfu! There's viewers watching and you showing your open bias like that is so absolutely uncalled for. That was an unbelievable show of lack of professionalism. I cannot stand him, I really can't!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ElHadary wrote:Alexei Lalas pisses me right the f- off. Him openly cheering for Greece? Even Ballack was like, "eh..." when he was going on his rant. Then he ends with, "We all have a little Greek in us!" Dude stfu! There's viewers watching and you showing your open bias like that is so absolutely uncalled for. That was an unbelievable show of lack of professionalism. I cannot stand him, I really can't!

I think Lalas is a Greek American.

Clearly he's showing it.

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

mate wrote:
ElHadary wrote:Alexei Lalas pisses me right the f- off. Him openly cheering for Greece? Even Ballack was like, "eh..." when he was going on his rant. Then he ends with, "We all have a little Greek in us!" Dude stfu! There's viewers watching and you showing your open bias like that is so absolutely uncalled for. That was an unbelievable show of lack of professionalism. I cannot stand him, I really can't!

Clearly he's showing it.

Cheers, Mate
Half Greek, even then show some unbias and respect. Also you, as a Croatian, should know Greeks are very nerdy nationalistic and sometimes very rude and annoying.
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Cote d'Ivoire are deservedly knocked out for playing rubbish footie. Why Kalou is still part of this team beats me...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ElHadary wrote:
mate wrote:

Clearly he's showing it.

Cheers, Mate
Half Greek, even then show some unbias and respect. Also you, as a Croatian, should know Greeks are very nerdy nationalistic and sometimes very rude and annoying.

Everyone is nationalistic.

Especially amongst WC fans when rooting for their teams.

For example, I never knew Koreans basically founded civilization. But I do now.

:mrgreen:

Believe me ElHadary, if an African team makes a deep WC run, the global media will be over it. In all my viewing years, fans everywhere loved the Cameroon and Nigerian teams of the 90s. Names like Makanaky, Oliseh, Milla, and nicknames like "the microwave" became etched in our lexicon. I remember Belloumi and Madjar from Algeria in 1982, the 1st WC I followed.

Africa needs a magical team like that again. It will happen. It's just a matter of when, not if. Give them a story and the media and pundits will be all over it, for the $$$ if for nothing else.

Cheers, Mate
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

mate wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
mate wrote:

Clearly he's showing it.

Cheers, Mate

Everyone is nationalistic.

Especially amongst WC fans when rooting for their teams.

For example, I never knew Koreans basically founded civilization. But I do now.

:mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

Lamouchi had his bonehead moments but this is totally on the players. Sometimes I wonder if there is any pride to wear your nations colors. I mean the slopiness. I am wonder WTF was Tiote doing. the other mumu against Colombia Sie who played a sloppy square pass. How is James Rodriguez out jumping Drogba for a corner... The Lot should retire. Kolo yaya Drogba Kalou Zakora barry all of the, Greece wanted it more
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

REDSPYDA wrote:Lamouchi had his bonehead moments but this is totally on the players. Sometimes I wonder if there is any pride to wear your nations colors. I mean the slopiness. I am wonder WTF was Tiote doing. the other mumu against Colombia Sie who played a sloppy square pass. How is James Rodriguez out jumping Drogba for a corner... The Lot should retire. Kolo yaya Drogba Kalou Zakora barry all of the, Greece wanted it more

I can't agree with this. The CIV and Greek players played with equal pride, fight, and desire.

I'll say it again and again: The Greeks were more fit and overran CIV in the last 10 minutes especially.

In the same context, I'm not upset with Croatia. The boys actually played as hard as they could. Again, Mexico was physically in better shape and ran us off the park. Our size didn't matter in the heat as much as Mexico having more spring and pace in the last 30 minutes.

Same with CIV. This is on our respective FAs to correct the situation. At top clubs, the players train to standard. They don't necessarily with their NTs.

Cheers, Mate
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anybody who comes to the WC to sell groundnuts, opponents will galdly buy, eat and wipe their mouths. Especially this WC. This is serious business.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Na wa...this result was a shocker. What a collection of chokers who know nothing about winning.

If DD was on the pitch, I am pretty sure he would have shown them the corner flanks and the colour of the turf.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

Riche007 wrote:Na wa...this result was a shocker. What a collection of chokers who know nothing about winning.

If DD was on the pitch, I am pretty sure he would have shown them the corner flanks and the colour of the turf.
shows you did not watch the match...
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sorry- why are we being harsh on CIV. Yes they were complacent BUT that was never a penalty. We should be showing outrage towards the ref not CIV!! We really need to consider introducing post game reviews where goals can be cancelled or at least a limited number of video challenges during games.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Roger Kengele wrote:I still can't beleive it! 1 point needed against a poor Greek side, just 1 point...Is CIV cursed or what? Now either Costa-Rica or Greece will be in the 1/4 :atc:
This hurts just as much as CIV getting screwed over. That was never a Pena. Samaras madevavmeal of the whole situation. I don't blame him but the ref should've done better but seemed too happy to point to the spot. Africa again gets facked over at a WC. Nothing new.
KPOM!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Orion wrote:
It would not have been given if the team was one of the big boys like Argentina or Brazil. I've seen incidents like that waved away throughout this tourney.
Ref go just wave it off and they willuse the same video evidence to support the decision. I knew the "Penarity" was coming when I saw ref look at his watch at the 60-something mins. I swear, It was as If he was saying "I go award that "penarity" around... minutes."

As I said, when we match them for performance, the ref steps in to give the much needed advantage to nick the win. In order for us to go far in any WC, we will have to be PERFECT, which is almost impossible, Even your Brazil is not playing perfect. The UN, IMF or World Bank rarely favour African countries even when the Africans are doing all the right things. Continue to believe that FIFA and FIFA refrees are not corrupt or partial. BTW, we'll never know the truth about Quartar.

Because we are letting them do it......I haven't heard a single complaint by CAF not even once, all I have heard of is CAF members taking bribes.....that same referee is going to be back screwing another african team. First of all fifa doesnt have a clear anti-discrimination policy both in terms of the conduct of the supporters and members of their own stuff.This is an organisation which is headed by a man who believes racism is simply solved by a hand shake.The next thing you see him smiling with another African head of state or CAF members without none of them taking him to about the actions of his own organisation. If they thinking that the western media will do anything about it, they are so deluded. Recently German fans came to the stadium with painted black faces(well known racist act) and what did fifa do? NOTHING. Apparently there are no legal grounds to punish them....if fans can get away with something like that what about the actions of the referee?

With all said the performance of CIV throughout the entire world cup was disgraceful.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Nonsense! We Africans need to take responsibility for our own actions instead of looking to blame someone!
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube