GHANA AIRLIFTS $3M CASH TO WORLD CUP TEAM

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: GHANA AIRLIFTS $3M CASH TO WORLD CUP TEAM

Post by mcal »

uglyoneiamagain wrote:
mcal wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
Avayi wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:It is better to have your cash than to wait for an alert from a dubious FA and it is also insurance in the case that Portugal deals with them.

Lol c'mon what happened to their individual accounts unless they are still keeping cash in mattresses.
I don't think you get it! The players are asking for physical cash because they can't trust thr authourities to put the money into their accounts!
Oh I get it alright. Severe distrust but the publicity angle is not necessary.

Unless we are saying the banks are Ghanian government owned and all players accounts are held in such banks, I would understand the fear. If not, it would have been faster to pay directly into individual accounts.

They've given the federation a timeline to pay and all you have to do is see if your account has been credited by the deadline, if not, back to your boycott. They could promise cash also and not deliver.
...they are in Brazil and their bank (if any) is Ghana. Look at the time zones and differences, and how in the world you gonna trust those banks?
If they say we will pay you before midnight, then you gonna stay up keep checking your bank account.
This is insane, stupid and twisted fraud.
Haba bros, half of them play outside the country :D I doubt their weekly wages would be going back to Ghana or paid in cash but hey, to each his own.
...and you will thing GFA, as inept as NFA is, will remit funds to their foreign bank account?
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

mcal wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
mcal wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
Avayi wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:It is better to have your cash than to wait for an alert from a dubious FA and it is also insurance in the case that Portugal deals with them.

Lol c'mon what happened to their individual accounts unless they are still keeping cash in mattresses.
I don't think you get it! The players are asking for physical cash because they can't trust thr authourities to put the money into their accounts!
Oh I get it alright. Severe distrust but the publicity angle is not necessary.

Unless we are saying the banks are Ghanian government owned and all players accounts are held in such banks, I would understand the fear. If not, it would have been faster to pay directly into individual accounts.

They've given the federation a timeline to pay and all you have to do is see if your account has been credited by the deadline, if not, back to your boycott. They could promise cash also and not deliver.
...they are in Brazil and their bank (if any) is Ghana. Look at the time zones and differences, and how in the world you gonna trust those banks?
If they say we will pay you before midnight, then you gonna stay up keep checking your bank account.
This is insane, stupid and twisted fraud.
Haba bros, half of them play outside the country :D I doubt their weekly wages would be going back to Ghana or paid in cash but hey, to each his own.
...and you will thing GFA, as inept as NFA is, will remit funds to their foreign bank account?
If you set a deadline and it's not met either due to their refusal or not having a single competent hand to make an online transfer, then you can continue with your protest or boycott but requesting cash in hand is not a guaranty that the same 'inept' FAs will perform.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Ghana press the self destruction button again
World Cup 2014: Boateng and Muntari expelled by Ghana

By Ian Hughes
BBC Sport
Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng have been expelled from Ghana's World Cup squad for alleged indiscipline.
A statement on the Ghana Football Association website said both players had "been suspended indefinitely".
It added Boateng had used "vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah" and said Muntari was guilty of an "unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member".
The news comes just hours before Ghana take on Portugal on Thursday.
The Black Stars still have an outside chance of qualifying for the knockout phase of the tournament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28035928
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Embarassment!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

African Star wrote:Maybe it's the Portuguese players demanding cash upfront 8-)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Good one
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley