Meanwhile, pre-match teaser..

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet
Meanwhile, pre-match teaser..

Post by sinequanon »

Teams A, B, C and D are all in the same group.

At the end of the group stage, A, B and C have 7 points, 4 points and 1 point, respectively.

How many points did team D have at the end of the group stage, given that entry to the last 16 was decided directly on points, alone?

Who drew with team C?
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
kofi86
Egg
Egg
Re: Meanwhile, pre-match teaser..

Post by kofi86 »

D had 3 points by drawing against all other teams
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

kofi86 wrote:D had 3 points by drawing against all other teams
:thumb:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

sinequanon wrote:
kofi86 wrote:D had 3 points by drawing against all other teams
:thumb:
Team A - P3 W2 D1 L0 Pts7
Team B - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts4
Team D - P3 W0 D3 L0 Pts3
Team C - P3 W0 D1 L2 Pts1
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

There is another possibility, as shown by how Group G actually ended up

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points

Wha choo looking at?!
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Scipio Africanus wrote:There is another possibility, as shown by how Group G actually ended up

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points
:roll:

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

sinequanon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:There is another possibility, as shown by how Group G actually ended up

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points
My god, you are one infuriating m'f*cker. I blame myself for even responding to this thread. What kind of man rolls their eyes anyway? Please die a thousand deaths. :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points
My god, you are one infuriating m'f*cker. I blame myself for even responding to this thread. What kind of man rolls their eyes anyway? Please die a thousand deaths. :curse:
I think he's rolling his yes like Bubo in Clash of the Titans cos you had 2 teams on 4 pts whereas one of them should be on 3 pts.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

anointed wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points
I think he's rolling his yes like Bubo in Clash of the Titans cos you had 2 teams on 4 pts whereas one of them should be on 3 pts.
Actually I see my error now. The nut specified that passage to the next round is decided on points alone. My scenario has two teams with the same number of points.

Wha choo looking at?!
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

anointed wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points
It wasn't the error, per se.

It was the predictable pattern of behaviour from this poster.

Knee-jerk reaction in his first post, followed by a fit in his second post.

All the clues were there to take a moment to reflect, but he couldn't see what everyone else could see, until you spelled it out for him.

I didn't bother. I just rolled eye, because telling him his mistake is only treating the symptom.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

sinequanon wrote:
anointed wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
sinequanon wrote:

A= Germany 7 points
B = USA 4 points
C=Ghana 1 point
D=Portugal 4 points
It wasn't the error, per se.

It was the predictable pattern of behaviour from this poster.

Knee-jerk reaction in his first post, followed by a fit in his second post.

All the clues were there to take a moment to reflect, but he couldn't see what everyone else could see, until you spelled it out for him.

I didn't bother. I just rolled eye, because telling him his mistake is only treating the symptom.
Hm! You are following my posts and deducing patterns? :shock:
Should I be concerned? :woot:

Anyway, like I said earlier I blame myself. You are a certified head case. Seek help.

Wha choo looking at?!