Who do you have in the semis?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Who do you have in the semis?

Post by Heliopolis »

As unpredictable as the group stage has been, the 2nd round brackets have lined up in a way favorable for the likes of Argentina, Brazil and Holland. Argentina has looked poor in the group stage but will likely defeat Switzerland and the winner of US/Belgium. Brazil has also looked poor in the group stage but should defeat Chile and Colombia/Uruguay. Though Mexico is a formidable opponent, Holland should defeat them and will most certainly defeat Costa Rica/Greece. My fourth semi-finalist is Germany, who will most likely meet a tough opponent in France in the QFs, but will probably make it to their 4th straight WC semis.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who do you have in the semis?

Post by bushboy »

Heliopolis wrote:As unpredictable as the group stage has been, the 2nd round brackets have lined up in a way favorable for the likes of Argentina, Brazil and Holland. Argentina has looked poor in the group stage but will likely defeat Switzerland and the winner of US/Belgium. Brazil has also looked poor in the group stage but should defeat Chile and Colombia/Uruguay. Though Mexico is a formidable opponent, Holland should defeat them and will most certainly defeat Costa Rica/Greece. My fourth semi-finalist is Germany, who will most likely meet a tough opponent in France in the QFs, but will probably make it to their 4th straight WC semis.
I see what you did there. I refuse to take the bait. Enjoy the games :)
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

bushboy wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:As unpredictable as the group stage has been, the 2nd round brackets have lined up in a way favorable for the likes of Argentina, Brazil and Holland. Argentina has looked poor in the group stage but will likely defeat Switzerland and the winner of US/Belgium. Brazil has also looked poor in the group stage but should defeat Chile and Colombia/Uruguay. Though Mexico is a formidable opponent, Holland should defeat them and will most certainly defeat Costa Rica/Greece. My fourth semi-finalist is Germany, who will most likely meet a tough opponent in France in the QFs, but will probably make it to their 4th straight WC semis.
It's not what you think...in all likelihood France will advance to the QFs. Even if Nigeria does advance, Germany will be favored.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Heliopolis wrote:
bushboy wrote:
It's not what you think...in all likelihood France will advance to the QFs. Even if Nigeria does advance, Germany will be favored.
Okay. Enjoy the games.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

An Argie win against Switzerland is not a foregone conclusion. Switzerland are the kind of organized European team that can give Argentina fits with set-pieces, counter-attacking and excellent defending.

Wha choo looking at?!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think France could beat Germany, but I have a feeling Mexico will make the semis.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I guess Algeria is in Brazil for the nice beaches...I won't be surprised to see a Nigeria vs Algeria QFinal
Heliopolis wrote:
bushboy wrote:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

bushboy wrote:
Do you know that the he ... bought his ticket to Brazil thinking that Egypt had already qualified before the Ghana game? Lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

bamenda boy wrote:
bushboy wrote:
Do you know that the he ... bought his ticket to Brazil thinking that Egypt had already qualified before the Ghana game? Lol
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i am done predicting scores for this WC.

Only Algeria came through in the 3rd round games for African teams.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

bamenda boy wrote:
bushboy wrote:
I'm sorry that Mexico, Croatia and Brazil did not use any vaseline on Cameroon :sad:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Heliopolis wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
bushboy wrote:
I'm sorry that Mexico, Croatia and Brazil did not use any vaseline on Cameroon :sad:
Who did Egypt play?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Brazil, Nigeria, Holland and Arg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

What i know is this knock out stage will have some big surprise like the group stage that no one believe Spain will head home or Italy and England both heading home.
So i hope it goes this way
1)France open yash against SE.
2)Argentina open yash against the Switz
3)Germany open yash against Algeria
4)Chile knock out Brazil.
5)Belgium open yash against USA
That way Algeria and Nigeria face each and the winner head to semi.
USA stand a chance to head in the semi and face Nigeria.
Wow Papa God do it for us oooh
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

nanijoe wrote:I guess Algeria is in Brazil for the nice beaches...I won't be surprised to see a Nigeria vs Algeria QFinal
Heliopolis wrote:
bushboy wrote:

That would be nice. :dream:
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Scipio Africanus wrote:An Argie win against Switzerland is not a foregone conclusion. Switzerland are the kind of organized European team that can give Argentina fits with set-pieces, counter-attacking and excellent defending.
Correct. Either Argie click and decimate them, or its a 1-nil shut out, 2 by the whistle, Shaqiri on the break. The Americas lose atleast two in the next round. Paddy Power? Chai, madam no dey watch, mek I put am small small. Diaris God o!
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

bamenda boy wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
bushboy wrote:
Who did Egypt play?
Why is wifey Cameroon talking trash to its husband? Must we beat you furiously once more for you to learn your lesson??
Pasha
Egg
Egg

Post by Pasha »

Lager-back wrote:Brazil, Nigeria, Holland and Arg
:agree:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'm thinking Holland v Argentina and Brazil v Germany at this point. I have France as a dark horse semifinalist.

In the final, I'd love to see Argentina vs Brazil. I'm thinking Argentina for sure, but believe it or not, I think Brazil can be beaten before then, although it's still not likely.

It seems that Mess has an opportunity to be Maradona...and join Diego and Pele in debates as to whom was the greatest ever. Or maybe that's me wishfully thinking for this kind of football drama?

:)

I'm biased towards extraordinary players.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Brazil,Nigeria,Mexico , USA.I have the feeling Mexico will not out Holland and beat Costa Rica or Greece.USA will shock Belgium and Argentina will be down.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Lager-back wrote:Brazil, Nigeria, Holland and Arg
Yeap!! :thumbs:
visit the village square
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Nigeria?