Algeria 1 vs Russia 1.....it's 2 CAF teams for the 2nd round

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Algeria 1 vs Russia 1.....it's 2 CAF teams for the 2nd r

Post by platinum »

Vincent. wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:UEFA 6/13
CAF 2/5
CONCACAF 3/4
COMMEBOL 5/6
AFC 0/4

Only if CIV had held on for 30 more seconds. We for the laugh the Europeans!
It is becoming more difficult for the Europeans to justify 13 places out of 32 following their performances in South Africa and Brazil.

The South Americans should push for more slots while Blatter is still FIFA president because it will become more difficult when the Europeans finally succeed in overthrowing him. This why the performances of Cameroon and CIV are so annoying - it means Africa cannot yet push for additional World Cup slots despite the fact that we have a sympathetic FIFA president in Blatter.

A UEFA like system where you get places based on performance will make everyone (including africa) sit up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Vincent. wrote:
CAF 2/5
CONCACAF 3/4
COMMEBOL 5/6
AFC 0/4

It is becoming more difficult for the Europeans to justify 13 places out of 32 following their performances in South Africa and Brazil.

The South Americans should push for more slots while Blatter is still FIFA president because it will become more difficult when the Europeans finally succeed in overthrowing him. This why the performances of Cameroon and CIV are so annoying - it means Africa cannot yet push for additional World Cup slots despite the fact that we have a sympathetic FIFA president in Blatter.
Didn't Europe do well in South Africa?

Also, I'd reserve judgement until this WC is complete. Some strong European teams remain. Who's to say we might not see an all European final?

Finally, strictly speaking, if you do want to use the 1st round as a basis, didn't Europe still proportionally outperform Asia and Africa? Be careful what you wish for.

:)

Just playing devil's advocate.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

mate wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
CAF 2/5
CONCACAF 3/4
COMMEBOL 5/6
AFC 0/4

Also, I'd reserve judgement until this WC is complete. Some strong European teams remain. Who's to say we might not see an all European final?

Finally, strictly speaking, if you do want to use the 1st round as a basis, didn't Europe still proportionally outperform Asia and Africa? Be careful what you wish for.

Cheers, Mate
Yes, some of the strongest countries are European and we all know those 4-5 traditional European superpowers. The remaining 8-9 countries have to start worrying about their slots.

Africa does not deserve more places right now, but the Central and South Americans. If FIFA is going to give them more slots, those slots will most likely come from Europe because 13 slots out of 32 is a bit excessive. It would probably be fair to give Europe 11 automatic places plus 2 via playoffs against COMEBOL/CONCACAF :D
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Vincent. wrote:
mate wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
CAF 2/5
CONCACAF 3/4
COMMEBOL 5/6
AFC 0/4

Cheers, Mate
Yes, some of the strongest countries are European and we all know those 4-5 traditional European superpowers. The remaining 8-9 countries have to start worrying about their slots.

Africa does not deserve more places right now, but the Central and South Americans. If FIFA is going to give them more slots, those slots will most likely come from Europe because 13 slots out of 32 is a bit excessive. It would probably be fair to give Europe 11 automatic places plus 2 via playoffs against COMEBOL/CONCACAF :D
Yup.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

:agree:

Cheers, Mate
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It could have been 4 with a bit more discipline and seriousness

Maybe one day African FAs will become competent and our stars more mature
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

CAF 2/5
CONCACAF 3/4
COMMEBOL 5/6
AFC 0/4

Yey, CAF 3/5 and UEFA 5/13 paints a very different picture. CIV hurt us all real bad.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Vincent. wrote:
mate wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
CAF 2/5
CONCACAF 3/4
COMMEBOL 5/6
AFC 0/4

Cheers, Mate

FIFA will not change a format that placates the majority. Be it confederations or sponsors FIFA wont dare change the current set up.

13 UEFA spots are to ensure certain nations are all but guaranteed a ticket to the WC be it directly or via playoffs. The likes of France, Portugal, Germany and Italy have all used the playoff route to qualify for recent World cups.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I dont understand all the could've, would've, should'ves for CAF teams advancing to the 2nd round of this WC. The same could be said for almost any confederation. Ecuador could've been in the 2nd round if it tied Switzerland. Italy could've been in the 2nd round if it tied Uruguay. Russia could have been in the 2nd round if their GK wasnt so crap.

Y'all need to stop promoting mediocrity. CAF was not just poor at this WC. It has been poor at nearly every WC. Since 1990, just 1 CAF team has advanced out of the group stage at each WC. Thankfully Algeria has been good in this WC. Rather than making excuses, we should focus on the crux of the matter: African football is a reflection of African society. Where as other confederations approach this sport scientifically, the African approach to the game remains chaotic. Yes, I know Africa is not a country but similar problems persist throughout the entire continent.

I agree that Europe should probably lose 1-2 spots but they sure as hell should not go to CAF. I would give South America an extra guaranteed spot and then put the other spot up for a playoff matchup.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ElHadary wrote:No soccer tomorrow :(
...go do cores and come back, we all need the break :thumbs:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

FRANK WHITE wrote:SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3 AFRICAN TEAMS!

IVORY COAST, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are the most negative jackass I've yet come across. What could they have possibly done about a penalty awarded in the 94th minute :?: :!:

Cheers.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote:
ElHadary wrote:No soccer tomorrow :(
...go do cores and come back, we all need the break :thumbs:

I vowed I wouldn't post today. But I can't help it. I don't know what I am going to do with myself without football...especially after the WC!

This happens every 4 years.

Cheers, Mate