Was someone shining a laser at the Russian goalie?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Was someone shining a laser at the Russian goalie?

Post by YemiBrazil »

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

ElHadary wrote:
sinequanon wrote:Mscheeeeeew!

It looks like a tiny 1mw laser. It isn't going to do any damage to the goalie's eyes.

I've got have a 1mW laser. The warning on it says "don't stare into the beam". And that's for 1 metre away, not 30 metres.
All lasers have the potential to be dangerous to the human eye. The light intensity is simply too great.
You clearly know very little about lasers and are just freaking out over the name.

If you want, you can call looking at a stream "potentially dangerous" because of sunlight glancing off the tiny waves.

In the context of what we are talking about, the laser is likely only a distraction, and not a hazard.
Class 1[edit]
CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
A Class 1 laser is safe under all conditions of normal use. This means the maximum permissible exposure (MPE) cannot be exceeded when viewing a laser with the naked eye or with the aid of typical magnifying optics (e.g. telescope or microscope).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

YemiBrazil wrote:Image
Yep, it didn't even trigger his blink reflex, as a glint of reflected sunlight may have done.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

sinequanon wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Image
Yep, it didn't even trigger his blink reflex, as a glint of reflected sunlight may have done.

Look at the video I showed or one of the available videos. He seemed to complain about it at some point.

It's yet another unnecessary distraction, to me not unlike a whistle from the stands. Also, if enough people bring in such things, I would think it can start to have an impact.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Russia manager Fabio Capello launched a stinging attack on the referee after blaming his side's exit from the World Cup on a laser pen.

The former England boss claimed his goalkeeper was blinded by a green beam of light from the crowd just before conceding an equaliser from Algeria that knocked them out of the tournament.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -face.html

Obviously Capello is going to overemphasize it. But this has no place in the game.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Applying basic physics to basic biology tells you even the weakest of lasers could do much harm to a human eye. Perhaps your issue sinequanon is you assume too much and know too little. You comparing a beam of light to sunlight is ridiculous.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

ElHadary wrote:Applying basic physics to basic biology tells you even the weakest of lasers could do much harm to a human eye. Perhaps your issue sinequanon is you assume too much and know too little. You comparing a beam of light to sunlight is ridiculous.
You know nothing, and are obviously going to keep repeating yourself like a cuckoo, in blank contradiction of the wiki article I linked to.

ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

You're quite clueless and act as if you know the end all of everything. Please educate yourself about such things before spouting out and acting as if you're an expert on the subject. Laser pointers are used to point at something, usually not people. When it is directed at people it can be potentially harmful. During the Egyptian protests pilots were blinded by the pointers being directed at them. Even in your article it says it's harmless within the "blink reflex". So the keeper should blink, reestablish himself and try to make a save in time? That's absurd. If you keep staring at it, it will do damage. Fact is the laser pointers shouldn't even be in the stadium to begin with, period. Start with that and then work your way to your own conclusion before calling others out because you're too inept and proud to concede a simple point.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

ElHadary wrote:You're quite clueless and act as if you know the end all of everything. Please educate yourself about such things before spouting out and acting as if you're an expert on the subject. Laser pointers are used to point at something, usually not people. When it is directed at people it can be potentially harmful. During the Egyptian protests pilots were blinded by the pointers being directed at them. Even in your article it says it's harmless within the "blink reflex". So the keeper should blink, reestablish himself and try to make a save in time? That's absurd. If you keep staring at it, it will do damage. Fact is the laser pointers shouldn't even be in the stadium to begin with, period. Start with that and then work your way to your own conclusion before calling others out because you're too inept and proud to concede a simple point.
Stop equivocating and talking rubbish like a hypocrite.

Blink reflex only becomes relevant with class II, hypocrite, as you no doubt have found out, but hope nobody will read.

With class I, maximum permissible exposure cannot be exceeded, unless you do something to further significantly intensify the beam.

Stop being a hypocrite. And stop equivocating and trying to shift your lame point from "hazard" to "distraction". Distraction is not in dispute.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ElHadary wrote:Applying basic physics to basic biology tells you even the weakest of lasers could do much harm to a human eye. Perhaps your issue sinequanon is you assume too much and know too little. You comparing a beam of light to sunlight is ridiculous.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

metalalloy wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Yes I saw it on replays yesterday and I immediately became very disappointed. I feel no love or support for Algeria anymore. They can go out for all I care now. That was major cheating. You could see the bobo complaining.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

theDunamis wrote:
brigadoon wrote:Shining a laser on someone is dangerous. You can blind them permanently. It's possible that's why the goalie mistimed his jump for the ball.

That Algerian fan should be found and banned for life from attending all soccer matches. He should face criminal prosecution as well. Lasers are dangerous.
Agreed! There should be zero tolerance for such interference by fans.
KPOM!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
aamimar
PROBATION

Post by aamimar »

Cristao II wrote:Yes I saw it on replays yesterday and I immediately became very disappointed. I feel no love or support for Algeria anymore. They can go out for all I care now. That was major cheating. You could see the bobo complaining.
Go and pour your hatred somewhere else.. if i were you, i worry how to stop Karim Benzema scoring this afternoon :taunt:
BOOOOM ANTAR YAHIA! SUDAN WE LOVE YOU!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

aamimar wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Yes I saw it on replays yesterday and I immediately became very disappointed. I feel no love or support for Algeria anymore. They can go out for all I care now. That was major cheating. You could see the bobo complaining.
Go and pour your hatred somewhere else.. if i were you, i worry how to stop Karim Benzema scoring this afternoon :taunt:
Hatred? Your country has fans that shine lasers at the opponent's face during a game and setpiece and you think that is honourable!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8