Colombia (2) v Uruguay (0) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Colombia (2) v Uruguay (0)

Post by wale1974 »

I can't believe Armero can't even get a playing time at West Ham
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Colombia (1) v Uruguay (0)

Post by bret- hart »

wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: bret why would I feel hurt? Seems like you are havingb a bad day. Chill out and enjoy the game. We don't have 170 million footballers in Nigeria.
Its all good bro :thumb: but I swear i wish i could meet some of these idiots that feel they can insult anyone cos they have a laptop in person.
Send me your address :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the real u need to relax, u can't get all worked and abusing people's family over some internet banters.
Bigpokey and Paj are my people, we talk trash and laugh about but u get take it too person.
Life is too short man.

Its all good. I apologies for yesterday BTW.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

uruguayans in the stadium are taking it badly. lololol
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Congratulations to COLOMBIA, Asprillia, Valderama, Renee Higuitta
-Simpli fy -
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

bret- hart wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
bret- hart wrote:How come Nigeria a country of over 170million cannot produce 1 player as good a Hamez Rodriguez???
Daft statement.
:sleep:
Hey u dis fake Nigerian u better stay on your lane. Was I addressing you? A$$Whipe. :curse:
put that dude on ignore my man.
he's not worth your time
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bret- hart wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: bret why would I feel hurt? Seems like you are havingb a bad day. Chill out and enjoy the game. We don't have 170 million footballers in Nigeria.
Its all good bro :thumb: but I swear i wish i could meet some of these idiots that feel they can insult anyone cos they have a laptop in person.
Send me your address :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the real u need to relax, u can't get all worked and abusing people's family over some internet banters.
Bigpokey and Paj are my people, we talk trash and laugh about but u get take it too person.
Life is too short man.

Its all good. I apologies for yesterday BTW.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: No wahala man
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mate wrote:I really believe Colombia is better than Brazil. I hope the Colombians believe it to. Great individuals that play like a smooth and silky race car.

They can do it. They need to play similarly against Brazil as they did today. They can surge a bit more, as Brazil will be more tired. If there was a time for Colombia to beat Brazil, this is it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers, Mate
Brazil has to raise their game BIG time or Colombia will take them to the woodshed.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Glad to see Uruguay sent packing, but my GOD, the way they battled till the end is admirable and mind boggling. What makes 11 men battle till the last microsecond even when they are two goal down and defeat is imminent? I wish more African teams had that type of never-say-die attitude. I wish it was more about honor than all those other distractions.

I salute the Uruguayians!!
-Simpli fy -
soma
Egg
Egg
Re: Colombia (2) v Uruguay (0) FT

Post by soma »

Just wondering if a nigerian player would have headed that ball for the second goal back across? Or gone for glory in that not so acute angle.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Think Brazil will cruise past Colombia.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

soma wrote:Just wondering if a nigerian player would have headed that ball for the second goal back across? Or gone for glory in that not so acute angle.

Based on past performances in previous encounters, a big fat NO! Takes a fast-thinking player + unselfish.
-Simpli fy -
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Glad to see Uruguay sent packing, but my GOD, the way they battled till the end is admirable and mind boggling. What makes 11 men battle till the last microsecond even when they are two goal down and defeat is imminent? I wish more African teams had that type of never-say-die attitude. I wish it was more about honor than all those other distractions.

I salute the Uruguayians!!
Nonsense, the bloody 'football-cowards' were playing their cowardly football till they conceded 2 goals..........................like men on 'death row' :mrgreen: they have nothing more to lose by 'thuging' their way forward.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

bret- hart wrote:
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

kalani JR wrote:Think Brazil will cruise past Colombia.

Lol ok ohhh!

Colombia will beat Brazil and won't need penalty kicks or extra-time to do so. They will do it in regulation.

--------------------------------------------
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Colombia is a real TEAM. Very unselfish group of players. They all work for each other and it seems like they usually make the right decision in the final third. The Colombian GK should be co-MOTM. He made some serious saves in the 2nd half.

Colombia along with Holland have been the two best teams in the tournament at this point. I hope they slap around Brazil next week.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

F360 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Think Brazil will cruise past Colombia.

Lol ok ohhh!

Colombia will beat Brazil and won't need penalty kicks or extra-time to do so. They will do it in regulation.
I don't see it. I think the Chile game will mark a turning point.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

platinum wrote:
juventuss wrote:Colombia is packed with certified ballers. They will give Brazil wahala big time.

If they play with belief....you know how it is, Brazil na big brother to all these teams. Colombia will have to be extraordinary even though Brazil stinks.
I gotta agree with this...if Colombia comes out with fire and belief they will do the business against this crap Brazil team.

If Colombia comes out like other scared Latin American teams and gives Brazil too much respect than the Brazilians will steal another match in this tournament.

Colombia is 4-0 with 4 decisive victories.

Brazil has not scored a single impressive victory in this tournament. They got referee assistance vs Croatia, beat the tournament's worst team in Cameroon, and needed PKs against Chile. :roll:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...bye bye dog pound biters
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
soma wrote:Just wondering if a nigerian player would have headed that ball for the second goal back across? Or gone for glory in that not so acute angle.

Based on past performances in previous encounters, a big fat NO! Takes a fast-thinking player + unselfish.
...fast thinking, that's the key
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

smartbrother wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
bret- hart wrote:How come Nigeria a country of over 170million cannot produce 1 player as good a Hamez Rodriguez???
Daft statement.
Hey u dis fake Nigerian u better stay on your lane. Was I addressing you? A$$Whipe. :curse:
he's not worth your time
:rotf: :rotf: why are u guys vexing?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I still think Colombia has to be cautious. Brazil is Brazil and at home. They're under pressure to produce. They will gladly allow a team to run at them and counter, but can't hang back if a team plays defensively.

Hence, Colombia should take their time, picking their opportunities. Just like today against Uruguay. Make the Brazilians run. Use those silky possession skills. Slowly but surely squeeze Brazil.

It seems to me Colombia won't be afraid of Neymar. Hulk isn't going to bull his way through the bigger Colombians like he did against Chile. Colombia also has a magic man in Rodriguez, with a staunch and talented supporting cast.

This is knockout football. Now is the time to be really disciplined and composed. No Higuita vs Milla stuff.

Fellas...I think Colombia can do it. As Kolinzo said about the US vs Ghana, Colombia is built to beat Brazil.

:thumb:

I hope it happens.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lager-back wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
Daft statement.
he's not worth your time
Funny thing is when I see him for Monaco he has been below average...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

maceo4 wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
Daft statement.
he's not worth your time
Funny thing is when I see him for Monaco he has been below average...

Mace, every WC I notice that Big Euro club and NT success don't necessarily go hand in hand. Especially with non Western European players. I absolutely believe Africa, South American, and even Eastern European players would play better in clubs that more closely play to their indigenous style.

Messi and Alves thrive at Barcelona. They wouldn't in the EPL. Legions of players don't perform to potential in Western European leagues because of style, climate, and cultural factors.

I can't wait for the MLS to accelerate its development. It is determined to become a 1st class league. It will attract top talent from the Americas. And from other parts of the world. Then you'll see CL competition across North and South America that will make players want to play for Mexican, US, Argentine, Brazilian, Colombian, and Chilean clubs...and their NTs reap immense benefits.

The Germans, Italians, and Spaniards know what they are doing. They develop their leagues so that their NTs always have a pipeline of players. At all positions. Continuity. In the comfort of their own homes and environment.

:idea:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?