Mexico 1 vs Holland 2.....coach's naiveness 'kills' Mexico

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mexico 1 vs Holland 2.....coach's naiveness 'kills' Mexi

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

African Star wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:We all know he dives...the terrible ref knew he was a diver hence he ignored him, yes the wrong moment to believe that he did not dive...the freaking ref knew what he was doing.
Dean, excellent points...

I think like Alexis Lalas said on ESPN feed, it was a cummulative foul.

The ref caused the repeated dive... if he had carded Robben earlier on, he will either stop diving or be subbed off. EVERYONE who watches the game knows that Robben is a chronic diver...

Marquez is who I am greatly disappointed in... he is such an experienced player. To be suckered in by Robben is very disappointing.
Marquez was not suckered in, he was going for the ball every time but Robben is so quick that by the time Marquez's tackle gets there the ball is already gone and he ends up clipping Robben.

people who say Robben is a diver simply do not understand the mindset of a dribbler, i am a dribbler and i know that falling over lessens the impact and pain of a late tackle going for your shins or feet, so it is a natural reaction to avoid the impact and pain and sometimes because he is going so fast the slightest touch will send him sprawling.

but he as admitted to diving in this particular match...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

African Star wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:We all know he dives...the terrible ref knew he was a diver hence he ignored him, yes the wrong moment to believe that he did not dive...the freaking ref knew what he was doing.

The ref caused the repeated dive... if he had carded Robben earlier on, he will either stop diving or be subbed off. EVERYONE who watches the game knows that Robben is a chronic diver...

Marquez is who I am greatly disappointed in... he is such an experienced player. To be suckered in by Robben is very disappointing.
Marquez was not suckered in, he was going for the ball every time but Robben is so quick that by the time Marquez's tackle gets there the ball is already gone and he ends up clipping Robben.

people who say Robben is a diver simply do not understand the mindset of a dribbler, i am a dribbler and i know that falling over lessens the impact and pain of a late tackle going for your shins or feet, so it is a natural reaction to avoid the impact and pain and sometimes because he is going so fast the slightest touch will send him sprawling.
The only dribble you dribble is with ya mouth on CE :lol: :lol: and I am waiting for the day you will get a good tackle for that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

African Star wrote:
Cellular wrote:

AS,
Has nothing to do with mindset, the guy dives a lot. He sets people up and they fall for it. He has admitted this enough times.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”