Germany Vs ALgeria (2-1) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany Vs ALgeria (2-1) FT

Post by Gooner1 »

proud of the desert foxes...............................
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Algeria did way better than Nigeria today. It was a tough battle. Good win for Germany. Algeria was the most complete African team. Now let me go and start shaking for the USA game tomorrow!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

mate wrote:Algeria played their heats out. They did what they could. It came down to finishing and fitness. I'd say Algeria played as good as it could have.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Germany? Like I keep saying, not having a great player is going to cost them. Perhaps as earlier as the next game, as they face a formidable French team.

Thomas Mueller isn't Gerd Mueller. Heck, he's not even Miroslav Klose. Ozil? Wastepipe. Ozil is yet another on of those gee, I missed yet another good chance goofball type player. Pairing him and Goetze in the middle is a disaster waiting to happen.

Germany is efficient. They run all day. They're smart. But that alone won't win them a WC.

Cheers, Mate
There arent any very strong teams in this tournament. Not one. Not Brazil, not Argentina, not France, Germany or Holland. This tournament is wide open. It reminds me a lot of the war of attrition in the 2006 WC in which France and Italy survived until the end even though neither one of them were world beaters. To be honest, the only recent WCs where one team was superior to the rest of the field was Spain in 2010 and Brazil in 2002.

I am done with predicting matches for this WC. The top dogs remaining are so close to one another in class that predicting who will come out on top is just an exercise in futility. Brazil has been crap since day 1. France and Germany have been solid overall but looked vulnerable today. Holland molested Spain but has had trouble ever since. Argentina has also been crap but Messi has won them 3 straight matches. Heck, it's not out of the question that Colombia or Belgium/USA make a deep run. Lets just sit back and enjoy this thing :thumb:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

oloye wrote:Another match where the african team had the opposition where they wanted them, but let them off again....how they never capitalised on the superior advantage they had in the first half was criminal and they were punished accordingly.
Algeria did well to take the game to the Germans. But it was high risk, in the sense that they were inevitably going to tire. They had to score a goal and get the Germans to chase the game.

But as you said, Algeria lacked the class to finish their opportunities. The Germans ultimately wore them down and ground out a victory. Germany definitely breathed a sigh of relief.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Heliopolis wrote:
mate wrote:Algeria played their heats out. They did what they could. It came down to finishing and fitness. I'd say Algeria played as good as it could have.

Germany? Like I keep saying, not having a great player is going to cost them. Perhaps as earlier as the next game, as they face a formidable French team.

Thomas Mueller isn't Gerd Mueller. Heck, he's not even Miroslav Klose. Ozil? Wastepipe. Ozil is yet another on of those gee, I missed yet another good chance goofball type player. Pairing him and Goetze in the middle is a disaster waiting to happen.

Germany is efficient. They run all day. They're smart. But that alone won't win them a WC.

Cheers, Mate
There arent any very strong teams in this tournament. Not one. Not Brazil, not Argentina, not France, Germany or Holland. This tournament is wide open. It reminds me a lot of the war of attrition in the 2006 WC in which France and Italy survived until the end even though neither one of them were world beaters. To be honest, the only recent WCs where one team was superior to the rest of the field was Spain in 2010 and Brazil in 2002.

I am done with predicting matches for this WC. The top dogs remaining are so close to one another in class that predicting who will come out on top is just an exercise in futility. Brazil has been crap since day 1. France and Germany have been solid overall but looked vulnerable today. Holland molested Spain but has had trouble ever since. Argentina has also been crap but Messi has won them 3 straight matches. Heck, it's not out of the question that Colombia or Belgium/USA make a deep run. Lets just sit back and enjoy this thing :thumb:

You make a lot of good points. I totally agree about unpredictability. But...it's still fun to make predictions!

:)

I feel Holland and Argentina are the best teams so far. It's too bad they are in the same bracket. Like you said, Brazil has its issues. For me, the most glaring is the lack of offense aside from Neymar.

I don't think we'll see a surprise winner. I think a traditional tier 1 giant is going to life the trophy.

It's definitely fun!!!

:thumb:

Cheers, Mate
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and just like that all African contingents are gone from Brazil :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I have never seen a world cup match in recent memory with so much heat and cramp and fatigue...hope they are rethinking Qatar.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Man of the Match
M'Bolhi
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

SylverEagles wrote:But how do African teams play so well but still lose? It is very disheartening! :sad:
...heart, determination on the part of the opponent. They dig deep, and pull out that "can do" attitude which we lack.
In Nigeria match, we lost Onazi everything went down stream, plus fatigue set in immediately 2nd half started. The French guys dug in.
In the Algeria match, na heat and fatigue kill them, plus losing key player like the captain.
Bit by bit, we are getting there.
Unfortunately the ugly incident of MONEY...3 out 5 African teams had money issues. A shame.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

When Algerian GK was asked, "what was your secret to being able to put such great performances despite so much criticism and negativity" he said, "there was no secret, just hard work." :thumb:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Algeria really impressed me in this WC...but like Nigeria, they had cutting edge in the final third. They should have taken out the Germans just like we should have taken out the French.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

Heliopolis wrote:

Cheers, Mate

100% agree with everything you just said. Personally rooting for Colombia to go all the way.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

oloye wrote:Another match where the african team had the opposition where they wanted them, but let them off again....how they never capitalised on the superior advantage they had in the first half was criminal and they were punished accordingly.
The smaller teams start very well but then get completely drained towards the end. I've noticed this with the African teams and some of the smaller South and North American sides. I think the big boys have done their home work in terms of pacing themselves to still have enough energy at the later stages of the game.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Neuer was huge yesterday, clear for everyone to see why he is the best in the World. The way his play allows Germany to play a high defence. Best performance of a goalkeeper at this World Cup by far.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:Neuer was huge yesterday, clear for everyone to see why he is the best in the World. The way his play allows Germany to play a high defence. Best performance of a goalkeeper at this World Cup by far.

Easy now, he was good and did an excellent job sweeping (albeit dangerous at times) but there's a reason Enyeama and Ochoa are the pick in many polls, I doubt we'll see a finer performance than Ochoa's v Brazil in this tournament and maybe the next.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

What they did was stopping shots excellently. Neuer allowed the German team to play the way they did with their high defence line. Also his distributions (the pass in the second half to Schürrle was outstanding) have been great
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Orion wrote:
The smaller teams start very well but then get completely drained towards the end. I've noticed this with the African teams and some of the smaller South and North American sides. I think the big boys have done their home work in terms of pacing themselves to still have enough energy at the later stages of the game.
Because when you are playing a better opposition it takes more out of you... Many do not see this except those who are doing it and those who have been there. Any match between the big teams and the small teams is always one where the small team have to do more to even the odds. At some time they will pay the price especially when they fail to make use of their chances.

As i said to someone earlier in the thread, as the game wears on the difference in the individual ability begins to influence the game..this is where the better teams always have advantage over the weaker teams. One could easily predict the outcome of this match the minute Algeria failed to take their chances in the first half...the experienced team sometimes know all they have to do in a game like this is to hang on..the time will come. Exactly what Germany did.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Orion wrote:
Because when you are playing a better opposition it takes more out of you... Many do not see this except those who are doing it and those who have been there. Any match between the big teams and the small teams is always one where the small team have to do more to even the odds. At some time they will pay the price especially when they fail to make use of their chances.

As i said to someone earlier in the thread, as the game wears on the difference in the individual ability begins to influence the game..this is where the better teams always have advantage over the weaker teams. One could easily predict the outcome of this match the minute Algeria failed to take their chances in the first half...the experienced team sometimes know all they have to do in a game like this is to hang on..the time will come. Exactly what Germany did.
it is like when most small EPL teams are holding Chelsea or Man U...you know between the 80th minute and injury time, a goal is coming somewhere.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:What they did was stopping shots excellently. Neuer allowed the German team to play the way they did with their high defence line. Also his distributions (the pass in the second half to Schürrle was outstanding) have been great

True, he did that bit excellently.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kofi86 wrote:Neuer was huge yesterday, clear for everyone to see why he is the best in the World. The way his play allows Germany to play a high defence. Best performance of a goalkeeper at this World Cup by far.

I agree. He was the critical difference. He has EVERY skill you need in a goalie.

For me, he's better than Ochoa. He's taller and longer, just as quick, giving him greater range and covering more of the net. He definitely is better as a sweeper than Ochoa.

The latter ability allowed Germany to play high line, which Mexico does not do. This is in no small part because Ochoa is known to have weaknesses in coming out and playing the ball.

Neuer is a complete goalie. A critical piece of a machine that needed peak performance to eke out a win yesterday. Again, arguably any other goalie might have missed those saves and out of the box stops that could have cost Germany the match.

I'd LOVE Croatia to have a goalie like that.

Cheers, Mate
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Orion wrote:

it is like when most small EPL teams are holding Chelsea or Man U...you know between the 80th minute and injury time, a goal is coming somewhere.
Even sef that is the reason why Fergie wants a few more minutes, he knew it was only a matter of time :D :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Gooner1 wrote:proud of the desert foxes...............................
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Excellent performance. They gave everything and did not stop until the final whistle
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

That may have something to do with Guardiola's influence. What Neuer did yesterday is what Victor Valdes has been doing for years. Only a keeper who very good with his feet and has good passing ability can do that, and Neuer was excellent (he even went further upfield than Valdes would normally go).
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009