Algeria's Future

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jaidi
Egg
Egg
Algeria's Future

Post by Jaidi »

This team has a very bright future. Many of the standouts from this World Cup are very young and have a core that is all in their early to mid 20's. They've also shown that it's been very easy for them to integrate fresh call-ups from France into their program as they did with Ben Taleb, Brahimi, Ghoulam, Mandi, and Taider, all players that very recently got their first caps with the NT and played central roles in their WC campaign. This is not mentioning the never-ending pipeline of Algerian talent in French academies that they'll have to call on in future years.

The key is that they get a worthy replacement for Vahid who has done a masterful job this World Cup. If they do this team will find itself back into it's rightful spot among Africa's giants.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Algeria's Future

Post by Lager-back »

Why is Vahid leaving ?
blackjack
Egg
Egg

Post by blackjack »

Lager-back wrote:Why is Vahid leaving ?
The FA president wanted vahid to renew his contract before the world cup in order to be prepared for the acn qualifiers,vahid refused to give his answer before the world cup so the fa already chose someone to replace him.It's gonna be gourcuff from lorient fc in france.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

blackjack wrote:
The FA president wanted vahid to renew his contract before the world cup in order to be prepared for the acn qualifiers,vahid refused to give his answer before the world cup so the fa already chose someone to replace him.It's gonna be gourcuff from lorient fc in france.
That's a good coach.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Gourcoff is a very good coach that will make these young players even better. Very good choice by the Algerian FA.

Watch out for Algeria, moving forward! :clap: :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

Is that Yoann Gourcuff's old man Christian? Interesting stuff. Looks like Algeria is on to something real good. I wish them the best! The Desert Warriors' AFCON 90 team was the 1st team I fell in love with.... around the time I started watching football. Madjer, Menad, Oudjani, El Ouazani, Amani, Rahim etc. I've never seen a team abuse Naija so badly in a football game like the way those guys did in that AFCON 90 opening game. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :D
blackjack wrote:
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
blackjack
Egg
Egg

Post by blackjack »

Yes it's yohan's father,Christian.
Lorient developed great football under gourcuff despite being the lowest budget in ligue 1 for a decade.However coaching a club is not the same as coaching an nt(he coached only lorient for 3 decades).He will need to get accustomed to the fact that he'll only have 1 month a year to work with his players.He'll also need to be on the watch when it comes to discipline and professionalism and keep all the good habits vahid put in place such as:
-no shisha
-no clubbing before the games or after a lost game
-work hard during training
-no unnecessary training camps abroad when we have all the facilities we need at home.
-giving everything on the field even against minnows
-Most importantly:the player is here for the team not the opposite,if a player's level decreased he should not be called.Same goes for players who are good with their clubs but don't have the profile to fit in the coach's lineup.Before vahid the lineup was based solely on criterias such as seniority or the club the player belongs to.Saadane even said in an interview about players who didn't play a single game with their clubs during the season"I had to call them,they have an important status in our team".
About the so called status(status is pronounced like statue in french)a player once told Vahid "you can't bench me,i have an important status in this team".Vahid replied"What are you talking about?I didn't see any statue representing you."Vahid called only those he could get the most out of,he even prospected the local league to find some of the players he needed(that's how he found slimani,djabou,soudani and belkalem).His algerian predecessors always refused to call local players.

Vahid may not be the best tactician but he is a true leader who put in place professionalism,discipline and a mentality of winners in the algerian nt .The changes he brought need to be kept otherwise we won't achieve anything no matter how good of a tactician his successor is.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Jaidi, havent you made enough failed predictions already? :taunt:

African NTs are too inconsistent to predict. Algeria looked good in this WC but we know the deal with African NTs (arrogance, maintaining form, money disputes, etc).

Lets see if Algeria maintains the same level of determination at the 2015 ACN.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Algeria has always been my favorite North African team and they were the team that made me realize that African football can be among the best in the world as they struggled immensely against Sierra Leone to qualify for the 1982 wc, even trailing 2-0 in Freetown with 5 minutes left to play before tying the game. That same team with essentially the same players, legends like Ali Fergani, Raber Madjer, Belloumi, Assad, Zidane etc. And that team went on to beat the defending world cup champions West Germany and solidified my belief in the quality of African footie at a very young age and i have never wavered in that belief since then.

Qualifying out of Africa has been their problem especially when having to go through top west African teams but whenever they qualify they never fail to impress.
Last edited by African Star on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Altobelli wrote:Is that Yoann Gourcuff's old man Christian? Interesting stuff. Looks like Algeria is on to something real good. I wish them the best! The Desert Warriors' AFCON 90 team was the 1st team I fell in love with.... around the time I started watching football. Madjer, Menad, Oudjani, El Ouazani, Amani, Rahim etc. I've never seen a team abuse Naija so badly in a football game like the way those guys did in that AFCON 90 opening game. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :D
blackjack wrote:
Alotofbelly, mind yourself o. Stop rewriting history. The only thing that happened in 1990 is Nigeria won silver. We played Algeria once, in the final, and won silver. That is all that happened. Nonsense.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Heliopolis wrote:Jaidi, havent you made enough failed predictions already? :taunt:

African NTs are too inconsistent to predict. Algeria looked good in this WC but we know the deal with African NTs (arrogance, maintaining form, money disputes, etc).

Lets see if Algeria maintains the same level of determination at the 2015 ACN.
I predicted they'd make it out of the group stage while you all marked them for dead after the Belgium game. :thumb: AFCON 2015 will also be in Morocco so they'll have tons of travelling support. North African teams always do well when hosting, remember Tunisia 2004( I think it was 2004). Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria all made it to the semis IIRC.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The Eagle wrote:
Altobelli wrote:Is that Yoann Gourcuff's old man Christian? Interesting stuff. Looks like Algeria is on to something real good. I wish them the best! The Desert Warriors' AFCON 90 team was the 1st team I fell in love with.... around the time I started watching football. Madjer, Menad, Oudjani, El Ouazani, Amani, Rahim etc. I've never seen a team abuse Naija so badly in a football game like the way those guys did in that AFCON 90 opening game. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :D
blackjack wrote:
Alotofbelly, mind yourself o. Stop rewriting history. The only thing that happened in 1990 is Nigeria won silver. We played Algeria once, in the final, and won silver. That is all that happened. Nonsense.

altobadebelle has not changed. I remember the Saudis abusing Ghana....was it like 10-0? Where is 1naija sef?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."