FT: Argentina (1) v Switzerland (0) ET. 119' Di Maria

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
FT: Argentina (1) v Switzerland (0) ET. 119' Di Maria

Post by platinum »

Argentina: Romero, Garay, Zabaleta, Gago, Di Maria, Higuain, Messi, Mascherano, Rojo, Fernandez, Lavezzi.

Switzerland: Benaglio, Lichtsteiner, Inler, Xhaka, Behrami, Rodriguez, Mehmedi, Drmic, Djourou, Schar, Shaqiri.

I am hoping for a Messi masterpiece.
Last edited by platinum on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina v Switzerland

Post by maceo4 »

At least Swiss don comot Send-errors...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

maceo4 wrote:At least Swiss don comot Send-errors...

Yeah they'd better hope Schar stays healthy
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Let's go Othmar Hitzfeld and Switzerland.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Djourou don start :laugh:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lets go Switzerland!!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ALL WE ARE SAYING....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

Quite a sterile affair so far..
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina (0) v Switzerland (0)

Post by platinum »

The Swiss will get punished soon for these setpieces they keep giving albiceleste
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

anyone notice how DI Maria keeps complaining to the ref ?
He will get his calls.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Close. Swiss come close there.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

If Messi doesn't rescue this team, the Swiss may just pop one in at some point and defend like hell.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is there a manager more reckless with his resources than Sabella. Absolutely pathetic. Argentina have yet to play a single "team" game.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Coach wrote:Is there a manager more reckless with his resources than Sabella. Absolutely pathetic. Argentina have yet to play a single "team" game.
I've found myself asking this question quite a bit...is this guy much better than Maradona?? Maradona's teams were unbalanced and basically rubbish defensively but they looked far better in terms of the attacking phase.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

First yellow to Switzerland
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

What!! That was poor!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Smart from Romero to stay back there.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

lmao see useless finish with Romero non-commital
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Plats, he's comfortably the most useless coach in the competition. For all Maradona's ills, his team had a strategy, a style, this Argentina are as well shaped as an anorexic Olsen twin. Defensively, all at sea, offensively, drowning in that very same sea. Higuain's inclusion makes no sense, his use of Messi is as deleterious as an Obasanjo with the keys to the world bank. The first decent team they come up against, on this evidence, will send them packing. Switzerland can indeed be decent, albeit transiently.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

HT. That was sleep inducing.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I like what I'm seeing from Argentina so far. Di Maria on the wide right has spread out their attack and he has disturbed the Swiss defence. Messi has been given more space than expected but had a poor half by his standards. Argentina's attack has been a bit too slow to breach the 10-man Swiss defence. On the other hand, Switzerland is committing too many bodies behind the ball that their counter-attack is non-existent.

Higuain has been useless as usual. Romero is such a huge liability...he could have come out and cleared that ball but allowed the Swiss attacker to just go at him 1v1. :roll:

This ref has been far too lenient and has not done a good job of protecting the Argentine players. I wonder if an Argentine player needs to get injured before the ref starts using his whistle.

Argentina has this win in the bag with faster transitions to attack.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Very surprising analysis, one's own observations were of a thoroughly useless Argentina with no definable strategy, waiting to be bloody nosed and black-eyed before they realise they're in a ring. Absolutely useless from Sabella, verges on criminality.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In addendum, unless Sabella's pulling his willy from within his pocket, he's stretching nothing. Mono-paced, monotonous. A waste of resources.