FT: Argentina (1) v Switzerland (0) ET. 119' Di Maria

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Argentina (0) v Switzerland (0) ET

Post by paj »

soma wrote:
paj wrote:
soma wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Switzerland don try kai :clap:

And you have jinxed them.. Bad luck
the moment Neckemiah spoke Switzerland concede... :twisted:

:rotf: :rotf: bia na for wia una dey select this pokey names from?
......rather popular names in his neck of the woods.. :biggrin:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina (1) v Switzerland (0) ET

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:damn.. Great finish!

Game didnt spark till extra time.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Coach wrote:They both deserve to lose, Switzerland twice. Set-up for penalties and paid the price. Argentina cannot win this world cup, if they do, 100 bucks for Cyberia's Maradona.

Argies are far from winning it but any side that has Messi has a chance. If only the Swiss came out to play a bit it would have been a different story. They set out for the penalty.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

paj wrote:this Shaqiri guy will be a handful in the epl...
End product. All too often opts for a little stepover or shimmy and that's why Bayern rarely risk him, rather to leave Robben unrested.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: FT: Argentina (1) v Switzerland (0) ET. 119' Di Maria

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SE really balled in this tourney.. the 2nd round games have been so competitive.. solid
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Messi attracted the defense and released the ball to DI Maria. That midget is from another planet like Keshi rightfully said...
Last edited by Ekorian on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Wow both teams gave it their all on the pitch...47 fouls recorded in this game.

Looks like all the favorites are winning in the 2nd round. Up to the US to buck the trend.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

soma wrote:If it was Moses or Osaze even emenike that made that messi's run for the goal, would they have squared for Di Maria to score or gone for glory?

Just asking

I dont see why not. All of the players above have created assists for us.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

Coach wrote:They both deserve to lose, Switzerland twice. Set-up for penalties and paid the price. Argentina cannot win this world cup, if they do, 100 bucks for Cyberia's Maradona.

Have you not learned your lesson yet?
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I have watched Argentina closely at every WC since 1994 and this is easily the weakest team we've had in the last 20 years. GK, defence, midfield, strikers, coaching is all poor.

Sabella has to be the worst coach remaining in this f*ckin tournament. How did Higuain play 120 minutes today? The guy was a 12th man for Switzerland.

Palacio, god bless his rat tail, had more touches in the final 20 minutes of the 2nd half than Higuain had in 120 minutes. I am not even exaggerating here. Nonetheless, Palacio was abysmal and only added a 2nd static attacker to Argentina's attack after Higuain.

Sabella did not make any tactical changes in a 120 minute match. His 3 changes were just like-for-like subs without making any adjustments at all. Argentina had no tactical discipline at all in the extra time since the players got desperate and Sabella failed to do something, ANYTHING. We saw Messi drop back to the centre circle for the first time all tournament. We saw Di Maria frantically switching wings to try and provide a spark for the team.

Argentina's 2014 WC team is Messi + Di Maria + 9 average players. Lavezzi, Mascherano, etc etc are nothing special.

If I am Belgium/USA I am licking my chops at the prospects of meeting such a mediocre Argentina team. Argentina will play the same way in the QF as it has in its first 4 matches because Sabella does not know any better.

I never thought I'd see the day where an Argentina manager makes Maradona seem like Sir Alex Ferguson. Sabella is a disgrace :curse:

P.S. No one better hold anything against Messi when Argentina are eventually eliminated. There is nothing more he can do to help this sorry team. Argentina has recorded 7 goals in this tournament wih Messi scoring 4, assisting 1, and delivering the free kick leading to the Bosnia own goal. Without him Argentina might've even finished its group in last place :curse:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Heliopolis wrote:I have watched Argentina closely at every WC since 1994 and this is easily the weakest team we've had in the last 20 years. GK, defence, midfield, strikers, coaching is all poor.

Sabella has to be the worst coach remaining in this f*ckin tournament. How did Higuain play 120 minutes today? The guy was a 12th man for Switzerland.

Palacio, god bless his rat tail, had more touches in the final 20 minutes of the 2nd half than Higuain had in 120 minutes. I am not even exaggerating here. Nonetheless, Palacio was abysmal and only added a 2nd static attacker to Argentina's attack after Higuain.

Sabella did not make any tactical changes in a 120 minute match. His 3 changes were just like-for-like subs without making any adjustments at all. Argentina had no tactical discipline at all in the extra time since the players got desperate and Sabella failed to do something, ANYTHING. We saw Messi drop back to the centre circle for the first time all tournament. We saw Di Maria frantically switching wings to try and provide a spark for the team.

Argentina's 2014 WC team is Messi + Di Maria + 9 average players. Lavezzi, Mascherano, etc etc are nothing special.

If I am Belgium/USA I am licking my chops at the prospects of meeting such a mediocre Argentina team. Argentina will play the same way in the QF as it has in its first 4 matches because Sabella does not know any better.

I never thought I'd see the day where an Argentina manager makes Maradona seem like Sir Alex Ferguson. Sabella is a disgrace :curse:

P.S. No one better hold anything against Messi when Argentina are eventually eliminated. There is nothing more he can do to help this sorry team. Argentina has recorded 7 goals in this tournament wih Messi scoring 4, assisting 1, and delivering the free kick leading to the Bosnia own goal. Without him Argentina might've even finished its group in last place :curse:

Have you been drinking Maradona's wine???

Anyway, we'll see. The thing is they have so much talent, they can kill you. An organized AND potent team can punish them for sure.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

platinum wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:I have watched Argentina closely at every WC since 1994 and this is easily the weakest team we've had in the last 20 years. GK, defence, midfield, strikers, coaching is all poor.

Anyway, we'll see. The thing is they have so much talent, they can kill you. An organized AND potent team can punish them for sure.
What talent?

Messi is held back surrounded by all these bums.

Di Maria is a beast but has been mostly under-utilized as a CM.

Higuain and Palacio are sh*t.

Aguero is injured and has been uselessed by being forced to play out-wide while Higuain offers nothing in the middle.

Argentina does not have a single player that can offer a spark off the bench.

This team is sh*t and the coach is sh*t.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Well said, the Argies are really poor. I don't think it's lack of players just setup is all wrong. But the 94 team was solid. Redondo, batistuta, balbo etc... Chei that squad was solid with men.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kalama, its too late for lessons to be learnt, either a slow bleeding out or wonderful windfall.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Heliopolis wrote:
platinum wrote:

What talent?

Aguero is injured and has been uselessed by being forced to play out-wide while Higuain offers nothing in the middle.

helio,

Many teams at this cup would kill to have those guys you deride. Palacio won the ball today, messi made one pass and di maria killed the swiss....individual ability.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Hm! Bros, I no sabi say na Argie you be o! I tink say you come from ROSSIKE's own country :D
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina (0) v Switzerland (0) ET

Post by kajifu »

I hope USA win today haba,all the teams I support are going home
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

So far ALL the group winners have advanced, can Belgium join the list?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This world cup has proven beyond all doubt that the difference between the top teams and the traditional 'minnows' has really narrowed. It is now down to the Neymars, Messis, Suarezes and Robbens to make that skin-of-the-teeth difference.

It only makes the exit of our SE, Ghana, Algeria and Ivory Coast that much more difficult to stomach. I feel as if this world cup was one tournament where history could have been made.
Damn it! :curse:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

platinum wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
platinum wrote:

What talent?

helio,

Many teams at this cup would kill to have those guys you deride. Palacio won the ball today, messi made one pass and di maria killed the swiss....individual ability.
platinum this Argentina team is hardly special even in terms of individuals they aren't on the level of Colombia or Belgium talk less of the real favorites. Can you even compared them to the squads they had that were actually good such as the 2006 and 2002 versions?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kalamashaka wrote:

Have you not learned your lesson yet?
E fit do coach like film trick
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

bature wrote:gone are my 2 countries :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :? :? :?

USA is still there. :taunt:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Damunk wrote:This world cup has proven beyond all doubt that the difference between the top teams and the traditional 'minnows' has really narrowed. It is now down to the Neymars, Messis, Suarezes and Robbens to make that skin-of-the-teeth difference.

It only makes the exit of our SE, Ghana, Algeria and Ivory Coast that much more difficult to stomach. I feel as if this world cup was one tournament where history could have been made.
Damn it! :curse:

Costa Rica and Columbia are still flying the 'minnows' flag.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg