USA (1) v Belgium (2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: USA (2) v Belgium (0)

Post by platinum »

Coach wrote:Best game of the tournament, unbelievable. Puts a lot into perspective, Michael Bradley had covered 24 miles prior to this game, Obiesta had eaten 24 bowls of Pogba garri. Tis indeed a shame that Africa's champions expire after 60 minutes, all the while nobodies like USA and Costa Rica are running for a full 120. We've a long way to go. A long, long way. Added emphasis on conditioning and endurance for 2018 surely. Fantastic show of pride and patriotism by the Yanks. Captain Alopecia in the midfield, a genuine MIDFIELD display.

If Argentina brings that listless display on saturday, belgium will give them big belle to carry home
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

goke313 wrote:
mate wrote:Too many injuries. We just couldn't be at our best. A few missing pieces of the puzzle as well.

But...you better believe we'll be back in 2018...much stronger and better.

Mark it!

Cheers, Mate
every team is dealing with injuries
...that you can take to the bank. Injury to key player is a game changer.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Top performance by belgium. Kudos to lukaku
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

juventuss wrote:what a game. The US fought till the end. I mean that freekick routine was solid. I wish Nigerian players learn from this.
Goodluck with hoping that we learn from the past. This site has been up since '98 and we have seen the same deficiencies again and again in all the WCs.
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Usa were rubbish. Abeg make we hear word, glad they are out
STFU please already.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

mate wrote:
STFU please already.

Cheers, Mate
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

BP is just a pest.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Glad negative football is out
SuperEagles

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

platinum wrote:
Coach wrote:Best game of the tournament, unbelievable. Puts a lot into perspective, Michael Bradley had covered 24 miles prior to this game, Obiesta had eaten 24 bowls of Pogba garri. Tis indeed a shame that Africa's champions expire after 60 minutes, all the while nobodies like USA and Costa Rica are running for a full 120. We've a long way to go. A long, long way. Added emphasis on conditioning and endurance for 2018 surely. Fantastic show of pride and patriotism by the Yanks. Captain Alopecia in the midfield, a genuine MIDFIELD display.

If Argentina brings that listless display on saturday, belgium will give them big belle to carry home
Belgium will be a handful for Argentina but I wonder if Belgium's poor finishing will eventually haunt them. These guys needed like 40 chances to score 2 goals today and have scored just 4 goals in 4 matches so far (not counting extra time today).

Anyways, should be a sizzling match.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lager-back wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: alexi lalas
...he was :rotf: :rotf: yesterday.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote:
goke313 wrote:
mate wrote:Too many injuries. We just couldn't be at our best. A few missing pieces of the puzzle as well.

But...you better believe we'll be back in 2018...much stronger and better.

Mark it!

Cheers, Mate
every team is dealing with injuries
...that you can take to the bank. Injury to key player is a game changer.

Altidore would have made the difference. I absolutely believe it would have been him on the end of those chances that the likes of Cameron missed.

We'll be back. We'll still have the same strength, speed, and stamina. Just as much mental willpower. Only in 2018, we'll have even more talent.

Fine. The new Joe Montana's and Lebron James are taking up football. Real football!

Watch out world. There's a new sheriff in town...one you're already familiar with in other domains of life.

We'll be back!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

I am just wondering if Nigeria got dominated like this with Belgian turning Enyeama into a target practice, if we will be here applauding and commending the team for the fighting spirit.... I somehow doubt that...

Tim Howard was immense though but with better finishing this game would have been over a long time ago..
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

Belgium had 17 shots on target :shock: ... that's a Zaireesque stat
Last edited by kalamashaka on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Team USA!!

What a team!!

Maximum respect!!
Seconded! :clap:
they probably dont have families to feed
Oya back to the matter
open and close
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

kalamashaka wrote:Belgium had 27 shots on target :shock: ... that's a Zaireesque stat
Not clinical enough in front of goal. They exerted too much energy than needed. This game should have been over in regular time.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Usa should thank their stripes and stars howard is their keeper, it would have been like 7 goals...even parking the bus, them no sabi. Poor howard bobo got exposed so many times
SuperEagles

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Heliopolis wrote:
platinum wrote:

Belgium will be a handful for Argentina but I wonder if Belgium's poor finishing will eventually haunt them. These guys needed like 40 chances to score 2 goals today and have scored just 4 goals in 4 matches so far (not counting extra time today).

Anyways, should be a sizzling match.

Romero is no Howard though. Ti Howard had 16 saves, that's otherworldly!
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

mmeny wrote:I am just wondering if Nigeria got dominated like this with Belgian turning Enyeama into a target practice, if we will be here applauding and commending the team for the fighting spirit.... I somehow doubt that...

Tim Howard was immense though but with better finishing this game would have been over a long time ago..
exactly! Media's already trying to convince us that we didn't see what we've just seen
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote:
STFU please already.

Cheers, Mate
...let he m not say that on the streets, he'll be on the very next plane out, teabags have powers :laugh:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mmeny wrote:I am just wondering if Nigeria got dominated like this with Belgian turning Enyeama into a target practice, if we will be here applauding and commending the team for the fighting spirit.... I somehow doubt that...

You dey mind them. Howard got exposed . They keeper got so exposed..awful defending
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kalamashaka wrote:

exactly! Media's already trying to convince us that we didn't see what we've just seen
They are proud of their team let them be, ah!
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The difference is that everybody knows that Belgium has superior talent. All the USA could do was try their best to level the playing field against superior talent, and Howard was key to that. If Nigeria faced a superior opponent but gave everything and fought to the end, I would be satisfied with the team.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Well done America even though I wanted you out ASAP but you won me over with that never die attitude. Gallant losers.

Hope SE players were watching....

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Would Landon Donovan have helped ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE