USA (1) v Belgium (2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: USA (2) v Belgium (0)

Post by platinum »

juventuss wrote:Would Landon Donovan have helped ?

Who knows. Doubt it.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Coach wrote:Best game of the tournament, unbelievable. Puts a lot into perspective, Michael Bradley had covered 24 miles prior to this game, Obiesta had eaten 24 bowls of Pogba garri. Tis indeed a shame that Africa's champions expire after 60 minutes, all the while nobodies like USA and Costa Rica are running for a full 120. We've a long way to go. A long, long way. Added emphasis on conditioning and endurance for 2018 surely. Fantastic show of pride and patriotism by the Yanks. Captain Alopecia in the midfield, a genuine MIDFIELD display.

I shake my head because there are many here who will not only disagree with what you have written but will actually accuse you of not loving your country.
-Simpli fy -
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If any CAF teams allows the keeper to chop serious exposure, none of una go dey here dey say usa good etc.. usa were piss poor in this tournament. Had a lucky win against ghana. And couldn't win a single game simce last month. Dem dey wi friendly think say nah ball. Glad they are out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Yeah I think so, but it's pointless criticizing Klinsmann's selection at this point. They made it out of a group with Portugal, Germany and Ghana when they were written out after the draw.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Last time I saw a player score with the same technique of Green, was Isaac Success.

And where is he?

Waiting until he goes thru the U-20, U-23, etc, becomes a grandpa, then he can come in run aimlessly like Uchebo, complete with dreads!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ballack just said physical ability is not enough. On point :clap:
SuperEagles

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

platinum wrote:

Who knows. Doubt it.
Football is a team game. One primadonna more or less would not have made much difference, especially someone who took a leave of absence from the national team.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

kalani JR wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
mmeny wrote:I am just wondering if Nigeria got dominated like this with Belgian turning Enyeama into a target practice, if we will be here applauding and commending the team for the fighting spirit.... I somehow doubt that...

Tim Howard was immense though but with better finishing this game would have been over a long time ago..
exactly! Media's already trying to convince us that we didn't see what we've just seen
They are proud of their team let them be, ah!
nothing wrong with that...i'm not talking about American media though
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kalamashaka wrote:
mmeny wrote:I am just wondering if Nigeria got dominated like this with Belgian turning Enyeama into a target practice, if we will be here applauding and commending the team for the fighting spirit.... I somehow doubt that...

Tim Howard was immense though but with better finishing this game would have been over a long time ago..
exactly! Media's already trying to convince us that we didn't see what we've just seen
...what media, whose media?
The ball is your court my friend...you reserve the right love your team or hate them in win or loss. Nigerian media chose the later.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

USA had this game in the bag but for Wondo!!! Sad day in America!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Coach wrote:Best game of the tournament, unbelievable. Puts a lot into perspective, Michael Bradley had covered 24 miles prior to this game, Obiesta had eaten 24 bowls of Pogba garri. Tis indeed a shame that Africa's champions expire after 60 minutes, all the while nobodies like USA and Costa Rica are running for a full 120. We've a long way to go. A long, long way. Added emphasis on conditioning and endurance for 2018 surely. Fantastic show of pride and patriotism by the Yanks. Captain Alopecia in the midfield, a genuine MIDFIELD display.

I shake my head because there are many here who will not only disagree with what you have written but will actually accuse you of not loving your country.
Go to Big Soccer Forum and see how disappointed they are.

Here Cellular is celebrating that we gave France a tough game!

I mean what kind of deep seated inferiority is that!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Vincent. wrote:

The difference is that everybody knows that Belgium has superior talent. All the USA could do was try their best to level the playing field against superior talent, and Howard was key to that. If Nigeria faced a superior opponent but gave everything and fought to the end, I would be satisfied with the team.
And what did Nigeria do yesterday? Was France not a clearly superior team than Nigeria?... I am just calling out Nigerians who always so quick to find faults with everything Nigerian and throwing out the baby with the bath waters but are suddenly very well measured and level headed in their assessment of this game...
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

And the score is not 2-0. It's 2-1!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

mate wrote:
mcal wrote:
goke313 wrote:
mate wrote:Too many injuries. We just couldn't be at our best. A few missing pieces of the puzzle as well.

But...you better believe we'll be back in 2018...much stronger and better.

Mark it!

Cheers, Mate
every team is dealing with injuries
...that you can take to the bank. Injury to key player is a game changer.

Altidore would have made the difference. I absolutely believe it would have been him on the end of those chances that the likes of Cameron missed.

We'll be back. We'll still have the same strength, speed, and stamina. Just as much mental willpower. Only in 2018, we'll have even more talent.
Fine. The new Joe Montana's and Lebron James are taking up football. Real football!

Watch out world. There's a new sheriff in town...one you're already familiar with in other domains of life.

We'll be back!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Mate
That you can take to the bank. Meanwhile, some countries will still be struggling with the basics such as completing a pass, ball control, taking and defending corner-kicks, taking and defending free-kicks, etc
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kolinzo wrote:USA had this game in the bag but for Wondo!!! Sad day in America!!
I wish Johansson got more minutes than Wondo.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Kudos so USA.. the belgians were just the better side.. I like that U.S RB.. was caught out of position, but going forward, he was a threat.... this game showed the good and bad of bradley.. howard was on beast mode, but you can only try for so long. ..

As for Belgium, they will have to revisit what happened after green's goal.. just look lost defensively and just about hanging in there....
Solid world cup so far.. 6 of the 8 rd of 16 games went into 30 mins OT..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
wolverine
Egg
Egg

Post by wolverine »

Exactly, Belgium were using Tim Howard for shooting practice in preparation for the match against Argentina. They had fifteen shots on target while the All powerful USA could only manage four. If that was Nigeria I would be embarrassed. The US tried, can't fault them for effort, but in the end the better team progressed.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote:Last time I saw a player score with the same technique of Green, was Isaac Success.

And where is he?

Waiting until he goes thru the U-20, U-23, etc, becomes a grandpa, then he can come in run aimlessly like Uchebo, complete with dreads!
...you have to be IT to play SE...old and in the know :glare:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A eg make una update games thread who dash usa 2 zero win :rotf:
SuperEagles

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I...am....WOUNNNNNDED!!!

WOUNDED!!!

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

All my teams are out: USA, Croatia, and Nigeria.

I don't know what to do with myself the rest of the WC. Everything is silent. My wife and kids and colleagues make sounds. But I hear nothing. A lot is going on around me. But I see nothing.

It's all a silent blur now. I look at joyous German, Argentine, German, and Belgian fans. Worst of all, I have to endure the odd Frenchman.

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:

Story ! Story !! Story !!! I am very sure that even if Nigeria came with the world cup with Marathon and long distance runners masquerading as football players and Belgium goes ahead to pepper our goal post all game long.. we will get a different tune from you all.....In fact, we will hear phrasing like this " Football is more than been able to run all game long and having endurance it is about been able to have the technical skills and creative skills to both defend and shoot".
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

mcal wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:

...what media, whose media?
The ball is your court my friend...you reserve the right love your team or hate them in win or loss. Nigerian media chose the later.
dude, why are you getting worked up. I'm just reading the match reports in the papers and the narrative they're crafting does not match what I witnessed with my two eyes and that's all I'm saying. Where's does hatred and Nigerian media come in here
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mmeny wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:

Story ! Story !! Story !!! I am very sure that even if Nigeria came with the world cup with Marathon and long distance runners masquerading as football players and Belgium goes ahead to pepper our goal post all game long.. we will get a different tune from you all.....In fact, we will hear phrasing like this " Football is more than been able to run all game long and having endurance it is about been able to have the technical skills and creative skills to both defend and shoot".
:rotf:
SuperEagles