USA (1) v Belgium (2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: USA (2) v Belgium (0)

Post by mcal »

kolinzo wrote:And the score is not 2-0. It's 2-1!!
...the world knows that not necessarily CE world :sleep:
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

Tim Howard is a wall. Impressive performance. Good fight from the US team
I no be gentleman at all o
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

txj wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Coach wrote:Best game of the tournament, unbelievable. Puts a lot into perspective, Michael Bradley had covered 24 miles prior to this game, Obiesta had eaten 24 bowls of Pogba garri. Tis indeed a shame that Africa's champions expire after 60 minutes, all the while nobodies like USA and Costa Rica are running for a full 120. We've a long way to go. A long, long way. Added emphasis on conditioning and endurance for 2018 surely. Fantastic show of pride and patriotism by the Yanks. Captain Alopecia in the midfield, a genuine MIDFIELD display.

I shake my head because there are many here who will not only disagree with what you have written but will actually accuse you of not loving your country.
Go to Big Soccer Forum and see how disappointed they are.

Here Cellular is celebrating that we gave France a tough game!

I mean what kind of deep seated inferiority is that!

I used to strongly disagree whenever some of our members would say that too many Nigerians love to celebrate mediocrity. Go back and read the alarm bells that many CE were sounding about lack of competent substitutions If one or two of the first eleven got injured. Those people were met with all sorts of insults. But what happened when Onazi went down?
-Simpli fy -
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote:I...am....WOUNNNNNDED!!!

WOUNDED!!!

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

All my teams are out: USA, Croatia, and Nigeria.

I don't know what to do with myself the rest of the WC. Everything is silent. My wife and kids and colleagues make sounds. But I hear nothing. A lot is going on around me. But I see nothing.

It's all a silent blur now. I look at joyous German, Argentine, German, and Belgian fans. Worst of all, I have to endure the odd Frenchman.

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate
...me, time to take care of chores until actual...won't too much care who get's there.
Last edited by mcal on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

No vex, i don change am :laugh:

What did the usa do wrong today?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

WOUNDED!!!

I don't know what to do with myself the rest of the WC. Everything is silent. My wife and kids and colleagues make sounds. But I hear nothing. A lot is going on around me. But I see nothing.

It's all a silent blur now. I look at joyous German, Argentine, German, and Belgian fans. Worst of all, I have to endure the odd Frenchman.

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate
Yeah. Now Americans would probably stop watching the rest of the WC unless Argentina gets to the finals.

You know, there is a reason why teams fight to get first place in group stage. USA lost that on that last second booboo against Portugal. It is as clear as daylight now that USA must stop coaching skills out of the youngsters. Too many interference from the local coaches at k-12 level. This must be corrected. Kids at K-12 level should be allowed to express themselves.

Anyway, it was not really a good tournament for USMNT. There is no reason why this team should not be playing the quarter finals. It was a disappointment.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: USA (1) v Belgium (2)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Belgium unbeaten in 14 games.. Courtois was on holiday
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Betty Voights was on the usa bench smh
SuperEagles

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

USA Starting XI

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

kolinzo wrote:

WOUNDED!!!

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate
Yeah. Now Americans would probably stop watching the rest of the WC unless Argentina gets to the finals.

You know, there is a reason why teams fight to get first place in group stage. USA lost that on that last second booboo against Portugal. It is as clear as daylight now that USA must stop coaching skills out of the youngsters. Too many interference from the local coaches at k-12 level. This must be corrected. Kids at K-12 level should be allowed to express themselves.

Anyway, it was not really a good tournament for USMNT. There is no reason why this team should not be playing the quarter finals. It was a disappointment.
kpom
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:

WOUNDED!!!

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate

Hilarious but tell us how the usa is better than the other 8 who're there now or how the team should have topped that group.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
txj wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Coach wrote:Best game of the tournament, unbelievable. Puts a lot into perspective, Michael Bradley had covered 24 miles prior to this game, Obiesta had eaten 24 bowls of Pogba garri. Tis indeed a shame that Africa's champions expire after 60 minutes, all the while nobodies like USA and Costa Rica are running for a full 120. We've a long way to go. A long, long way. Added emphasis on conditioning and endurance for 2018 surely. Fantastic show of pride and patriotism by the Yanks. Captain Alopecia in the midfield, a genuine MIDFIELD display.

I shake my head because there are many here who will not only disagree with what you have written but will actually accuse you of not loving your country.
Go to Big Soccer Forum and see how disappointed they are.

Here Cellular is celebrating that we gave France a tough game!

I mean what kind of deep seated inferiority is that!
I used to strongly disagree whenever some of our members would say that too many Nigerians love to celebrate mediocrity. Go back and read the alarm bells that many CE were sounding about lack of competent substitutions If one or two of the first eleven got injured. Those people were met with all sorts of insults. But what happened when Onazi went down?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What exactly do you think you are celebrating here? By chance, do you know you are also guilty of what you are accusing Nigerians of doing.... The USMNT just got lost a game in which they Tim Howard had to make 16 SAVES IN THE SECOND ROUND OF THE WORLD CUP and you seem to think they put up a better performance than Nigeria because their players had lungs to go for 120 mins? After Altidore went down, how many quality CF did they have to bring on? Did you see Wondowlowski fluff a tap-in? Without Kyle Beckerman protecting the back four today same way Onazi does for Naija.. did you see how exposed they were today? Who where the quality replacement....

Tim Howard has made the most saves in the tournament after just 4 games? Today he made 16 saves only, please pray, tell what exactly are you celebrating.... if not MEDIOCRITY :roll: :roll: :roll:

Like Cellular always says the difference between Obioma and Tailor is packaging
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Looking forward to another fluke team sent home from concacrap
SuperEagles

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:

Many things they did wrong today. Both Belgium goals came from player trying to get cute at the final third and Belgium took the ball and punish the USA. They were caught out of positions. And when the USA went forward they got too eager to score. If USA player was the one who had DeBryune's chance he would shot it the first time, but DeBryune was calm and the USA defender were scrambling all over the place. It's like "omg...omg...i have to put in this tackle.." Or "OMG...OMG...can I score this?" They were not calm at all. The confidence wasn't there.

Many times the defenders only needed to just stay on their feet and they just couldn't. Michael Bradley, aka box2box X box, got back on his feet today. He was massive and very impressive today. Zusi didn't really have any impact at all. Zusi was just short one.

Overall, the USA couldn't possess the ball for a longer period of time
Last edited by kolinzo on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:

WOUNDED!!!

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate

I think Klinsmann actually said it best. We need a final missing cultural change: namely, that kids play football to become pros, as opposed to getting division I scholarships.

We have everything else: rising leagues, money, academies, fan support, large and diverse population pool, committed FA, and state of the art sports science.

The genie is out of the bottle. Americans of all stripes have gotten the football bug. The US WC games have crushed the NBA and MLB. Our best athletes in our main sports have been seduced...witnessing real glory, the glory of global football...as opposed to the parochial glory that they thought was the real thing.

Americans are coming on. Legions of US kids are playing football. Many more will do it to become pros. No college, but into the academies and then to the pros...into the best leagues in the world...La Liga, the EPL, the MFL, and MLS!!!

8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm not joking about the last 2. People will see what happens once a greater North American CL really starts to take shape...with the best players from the Americas coming...and, I guarantee you, a number of Croatians. I bet you a few Africans also will pick this over Europe.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

You have to love Americans and US Media, I mean this honestly... instead of self loathing and bad mouthing their players and lack of real quality... they have changed the focus to be about TIM HOWARD HEROISM and rightly so but the Natives on here... are still crying about which player we didn't take to the World Cup and who dropped egunje or not... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am sorry this is the World Cup 2nd Round and one team takes 38 shots, 27 on target, goalie makes 16 saves and concedes 2 goals and we are here getting caught up on semantics.. oh they ran for 120 mins and they played like warriors... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Willing Natives.. oyinbo na oyinbo
Last edited by mmeny on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dem no born any epl or champs league manager to let dem goalie dey exposed all match. Shame on Klinsmann. Usa , were piss poor
SuperEagles

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Many things they did wrong today. Both Belgium goals came from player trying to get cute at the final third and Belgium took the ball and punish the USA. They were caught out of positions. And when the USA went forward they got too eager to score. If USA player was the one who had DeBryune's chance he would shot it the first time, but DeBryune was calmed and the USA defender were scrambling all over the place. It's like "omg...omg...i have to put in this tackle.." Or "OMG...OMG...can I score this?" They were not calm at all. The confidence wasn't there.

Many times the defenders only needed to just stay on their feet and they just couldn't. Michael Bradley, aka box2box X box, got back on his feet today. He was massive and very impressive today. Zusi didn't really have any impact at all. Zusi was just short one.

Overall, the USA couldn't possess the ball for a longer period of time
On the basis of this, how do you say they should be in the 1/4 though?

Belgium's finishing was poor today and of course Timmy was in imperious form but really it was possibly the worst usa showing of the cup.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Hey mate,

I got over Nigeria's loss by logging off CE after the second goal, and avoiding television, radio and the internet. The next day I immersed myself in chores and projects on my To Do List. I did not even start watching the US v, Belgium until 10 mins into the second half.
-Simpli fy -
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Looking forward to another fluke team sent home from concacrap
should you be somewhere boycotting training and fighting over bonuses
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Enyeama did make a fair few saves vs France, not as many as Howard, but certainly made his share. Nigeria's so-called Maverick inflated Pogba's asking price more than a threat of war in West London.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

This goes against the current zeitgeist, but this scene is has been played out in Sunday leagues since I was born. Americans with great goalkeepers, fitness and organization, falling short when faced with real talent and players steeped in football culture. Ballack and Langdon Donovan danced around the issue, it is very interesting when Belgium and Swizerland play with more diverse teams.

It is not just a matter of skin color. Where are all the Italian, Polish, Ukranian, etc kids from NY/NJ, Chicago, Cleveland, and others who come from communities with an established soccer culture, but do not appeal to the "soccer mum" suburban fan base in the USA? It was not just money that made Giussepe Rossi pay no attention to the USSF.

Is the strategy for the future, poaching German-Americans? If this is what $150 million buys, I'm not impressed, sorry.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

WOUNDED!!!

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate

I think Klinsmann actually said it best. We need a final missing cultural change: namely, that kids play football to become pros, as opposed to getting division I scholarships.

We have everything else: rising leagues, money, academies, fan support, large and diverse population pool, committed FA, and state of the art sports science.

The genie is out of the bottle. Americans of all stripes have gotten the football bug. The US WC games have crushed the NBA and MLB. Our best athletes in our main sports have been seduced...witnessing real glory, the glory of global football...as opposed to the parochial glory that they thought was the real thing.

Americans are coming on. Legions of US kids are playing football. Many more will do it to become pros. No college, but into the academies and then to the pros...into the best leagues in the world...La Liga, the EPL, the MFL, and MLS!!!

8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm not joking about the last 2. People will see what happens once a greater North American CL really starts to take shape...with the best players from the Americas coming...and, I guarantee you, a number of Croatians. I bet you a few Africans also will pick this over Europe.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Mate
mate,

Remember what I said about heart? If Croatia had half the heart of this usa team, you'd be in the semis for sure. (also a better coach than Kovac).

With that said, we'll just have to wait and see, the same's been promised before. The mls is actually doing a better job in terms of academies and attracting stars who're not totally washed up (villa and kaka are good start). The spirit is there, a lil injection of quality will go a long way.

Another thing the usmnt must do is find a way to reach the hearts of guys like ibisevic and rossi and many (overstatement) others and 'turn' them, hard task but when you lose that kind of quality, it shows.