Kolinzo your US team sucks

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kolinzo your US team sucks

Post by ohenhen1 »

asabe wrote:Belgium are/were the better side. They created more chances and dominated play. For the US to move up to the next tier, they will have to develop defenders and midfield players who are comfortable playing the ball so that they can control the tempo.

Hit and run tactics eventually fail, people talk and word spreads and eventually you cannot get ANY! 8-)
You are right, you can get the occasional shocks with the bunker style approach. But to win consistently you have got to have a balanced approach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

mate wrote:Asabe, we're short of 1 quality midfielder. I'm not saying this is trivial, but a field marshal would have made the team a lot more composed. Imagine a decent midfielder with this team, with a 2 pronged attack in Dempsey and a healthy Altidore?

We're not that far away. I still say we're a solid tier 2 side. As is Belgium. They are not so better than us that the margin of difference could only be overtime in a WC knockout.

I like the US future much better than that of Belgium. We'll see come 2018.

Cheers, Mate
I beg to differ, possession game requires more than one midfielder, it is a team concept. Good defenders who are comfortable bringing the ball out as well as a variety of midfielders, some of whom can control the tempo.

There is no game in this World Cup that the US looked superior to their opponent. Against Ghana, Germany and Belgium they were outclassed, and managed to get a result in only one of those games. More has to be done for US to get to the next level.

Coming back to the Belgium game, the score line is deceiving. If your goalie is being hailed for his best performance ever, then it says a lot about how the game unfolded.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
asabe wrote:Belgium are/were the better side. They created more chances and dominated play. For the US to move up to the next tier, they will have to develop defenders and midfield players who are comfortable playing the ball so that they can control the tempo.

Hit and run tactics eventually fail, people talk and word spreads and eventually you cannot get ANY! 8-)
You are right, you can get the occasional shocks with the bunker style approach. But to win consistently you have got to have a balanced approach.
Kpom! For long term development a balanced approach is needed, and hence the appointment of Klinsman.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:At a point second half the possession was 51%-49% Belgium. Belgium was huffing and puffing and could not do squat for 90mins. Okay...they were outplayed quite alright.

At probably around that same point, the belgians had 20 shots to the usa's 3 and the usmnt had 61 (no misprint) SIXTY-ONE clearances but sure belgium was huffing and puffing. Belgium scored on the 32nd shot, that's THIRTY TWO. Two things the belgians have struggled with in this cup, crossing and finishing, if they were better, it'd have been tianamen square out there.

Give the other team credit, it's soothing to be truthful.
If Belgium had scored in first half those 30 shots would not have happened. They were allowed to huff and puff and they couldn't do anything for 90mins. That's the truth. Once they scored the USA shut it down and Belgium was on the rope. USA should have won the game in the regulation but for Wondo's miss. USA had them where they wanted. Wondo will never forgive himself for missing that glorious chance. It was just unfortunate USA miscalculated and gave up two goals. It was a wrap for Belgium after that, but no cigar.

This isnt microsoft excel, there's no need for all these 'if' statements....if nigeria would have had that goal allowed, we'd have beat france by 4, if enyeama would have....etc etc.

The usmnt had belgium where they wanted them, is like saying u had mike tyson where you wanted him as the champ unloads blow after blow on your head.

Well and comfortably beaten by a belgian side that FAILED to take advantage of it's vast superiority.
This right here is a false statement. USA was not COMFORTABLY beaten by Belgium. Belgium threw everything they had -the kitchen sink. It is not a COMFORTABLE win when you go over 100mins to score a goal. Nah...nothing comfortable about that!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

asabe wrote:
mate wrote:Asabe, we're short of 1 quality midfielder. I'm not saying this is trivial, but a field marshal would have made the team a lot more composed. Imagine a decent midfielder with this team, with a 2 pronged attack in Dempsey and a healthy Altidore?

We're not that far away. I still say we're a solid tier 2 side. As is Belgium. They are not so better than us that the margin of difference could only be overtime in a WC knockout.

I like the US future much better than that of Belgium. We'll see come 2018.

Cheers, Mate
I beg to differ, possession game requires more than one midfielder, it is a team concept. Good defenders who are comfortable bringing the ball out as well as a variety of midfielders, some of whom can control the tempo.

There is no game in this World Cup that the US looked superior to their opponent. Against Ghana, Germany and Belgium they were outclassed, and managed to get a result in only one of those games. More has to be done for US to get to the next level.

Coming back to the Belgium game, the score line is deceiving. If your goalie is being hailed for his best performance ever, then it says a lot about how the game unfolded.
Imagine he made the most save ever in a world cup game, thats crazy! Tim Howard tried for that team sha, but also Belgium was very poor with their finishing...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

African Star wrote:
tfco wrote:
African Star wrote:And Michael Bradley sucks even more. All they do is pack it in and hope Tim Howard saves them. They were lucky against Ghana, played an undermanned Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo but ran out of luck today. I don't think I have ever seen a team dominated like this in a world cup. Thank god alltthe negative CONCACAF sucker teams are going home, next up is CRC. Bye bye
1. get the ball

2. pass to the wing

3. run run run
a) lose the ball
b) cross and hope

If it was not for Tim Howard cheating and coming way of his line to narrow angles it would have been a basketball score and if only the Belgians had figured him out and start chipping him it would have been terrible.

If it was the SE that got outplayed like so they would have been bashed all over the place and CE would have been a miserable place. :taunt:
Mirallas should have been spanked, ditto Lukaku and Origi

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

tfco wrote:
African Star wrote:
tfco wrote:
African Star wrote:And Michael Bradley sucks even more. All they do is pack it in and hope Tim Howard saves them. They were lucky against Ghana, played an undermanned Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo but ran out of luck today. I don't think I have ever seen a team dominated like this in a world cup. Thank god alltthe negative CONCACAF sucker teams are going home, next up is CRC. Bye bye
1. get the ball

2. pass to the wing

3. run run run
a) lose the ball
b) cross and hope

If it was not for Tim Howard cheating and coming way of his line to narrow angles it would have been a basketball score and if only the Belgians had figured him out and start chipping him it would have been terrible.

If it was the SE that got outplayed like so they would have been bashed all over the place and CE would have been a miserable place. :taunt:
Mirallas should have been spanked, ditto Lukaku and Origi
I was so piss ed but I blame the coaching staff that's something they should have scouted or picked up during the game. Tim Howard will cheat until you start chipping him and even if you don't score you make him start playing honest and that will then give you better angles.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Some of the comments online by US fans are plain comedic :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"We would've won if Landon Donovan was playing" - Yes, Donovan would have prevented Belgium from taking 20 shots on target and dominating 95% of the match :lol:

"If only Wondowowowo scored in the 92nd minute" - People fail to realize he was ruled offside on that play :lol:

With all due respect to the US, they are more than 1-2 players away. They have heart, and are well conditioned but do not have the skillset to really trouble any top team. It will take years, and probably decades, for the US to develop the talent found on top NTs. Soccer is not like American football, basketball, hockey or whatever where hustle and heart can significantly close the gap between you and more talented opposition. Hustle and heart may help you win games but as the U.S. saw yesterday, you will fail time and time again versus teams that are talented AND hustle as much as you do.

Americans need to temper expectations. They are used to dominating nearly every sport out there yet they forget it tooks decades upon decades to master those sports. The US has only taken soccer seriously for about 20 years now. It might take another 20+ years for the US to break into the top tier of NT soccer.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:At a point second half the possession was 51%-49% Belgium. Belgium was huffing and puffing and could not do squat for 90mins. Okay...they were outplayed quite alright.

At probably around that same point, the belgians had 20 shots to the usa's 3 and the usmnt had 61 (no misprint) SIXTY-ONE clearances but sure belgium was huffing and puffing. Belgium scored on the 32nd shot, that's THIRTY TWO. Two things the belgians have struggled with in this cup, crossing and finishing, if they were better, it'd have been tianamen square out there.

If Belgium had scored in first half those 30 shots would not have happened. They were allowed to huff and puff and they couldn't do anything for 90mins. That's the truth. Once they scored the USA shut it down and Belgium was on the rope. USA should have won the game in the regulation but for Wondo's miss. USA had them where they wanted. Wondo will never forgive himself for missing that glorious chance. It was just unfortunate USA miscalculated and gave up two goals. It was a wrap for Belgium after that, but no cigar.

This isnt microsoft excel, there's no need for all these 'if' statements....if nigeria would have had that goal allowed, we'd have beat france by 4, if enyeama would have....etc etc.

The usmnt had belgium where they wanted them, is like saying u had mike tyson where you wanted him as the champ unloads blow after blow on your head.

Well and comfortably beaten by a belgian side that FAILED to take advantage of it's vast superiority.
This right here is a false statement. USA was not COMFORTABLY beaten by Belgium. Belgium threw everything they had -the kitchen sink. It is not a COMFORTABLE win when you go over 100mins to score a goal. Nah...nothing comfortable about that!

Yeah and Tim Howard kept it respectable. The result suggests a tight game when in reality the US was saved time and again by a good goalie who was having an outerworldly experience. The Belgians should take umbrage at anyone who suggests the US had this game in control at any point outside the last 10mins.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:
platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

That Wondolowski miss was the USA WC.

The gods gave us a chance...but demanded that we do the work...but we just didn't have the class.

Or, more specifically, Wondolowski didn't. He utterly failed. In the moment of truth, he showed he's nowhere near being an international class player. He always looked out of place.

In contrast, I like what little I saw of Julian Green. I find myself imaging what would have happened had he played in place of Wondolowski.

Cheers, Mate

Which wondo chance? are you guys going on about the chance that was ruled OFFSIDE???

Green's movement was better than anything the usa had upfront prior, almost like griezmann v nigeria yesterday

Not offside. From what I've been reading, the whistle was for a goal kick.

Cheers, Mate

Unforgivable miss. Justified though but unforgivable nonetheless.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Yeah and Tim Howard kept it respectable. The result suggests a tight game when in reality the US was saved time and again by a good goalie who was having an outerworldly experience. The Belgians should take umbrage at anyone who suggests the US had this game in control at any point outside the last 10mins.
First of all, goal keeper is part of the team! So if Howard makes 50 saves he is part of the team and he will be doing his job at that point. The opaks here is that the Belgium dominated the game! What was the possession?

Let me tell you a story: Rumble In The Jungle. George Foreman was swinging right, hitting left. Ali was taking the beating staying on the rope. "Stay away from the rope" said his manager. Oh no he ain't gong off the rope. Foreman punched and punched and Ali took him to distance. Foreman's punches were not doing any damage. Then Ali came out and fought and punched Foreman to the ground. Oh no he down!! He down!! End of story.

USA had the game under control. They were not outpossessed by the Belgium. It was an end to end stuff! The best game of the tournament. The only difference? Striker!! USA had the BEST chance of the game to put the game away in normal regulation. Wondoloski's chance was a glorious chance that he should have put on target at least. It will hunt him for quite sometime. It was not blown as offside as some people are saying. It was not even close to being an offside. Linesman didn't even raise his flag. So I don't know where that opaks is coming from. Anyway, it was a close game!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

mate wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Belgium were far better than the USA and I expect them to beat Argentina

The USA must be commended for a dogged defensive effort though
Belgium BARELY beat the US!

:taunt:

BTW, some mystical force is protecting Argentina. I just saw those last 5 minutes against the Swiss! Kai! How could the Swiss Shaquiri not have scored on that open head ball, which hit the post, and then he couldn't get the rebound.

:shock:

The devil is backing Argentina...and his agent of destruction is one witch called Lionel Messi!

Cheers, Mate
Tim Howard saved 100 goals and you still said BARELY?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote: First of all, goal keeper is part of the team! So if Howard makes 50 saves he is part of the team and he will be doing his job at that point. The opaks here is that the Belgium dominated the game! What was the possession?

Let me tell you a story: Rumble In The Jungle. George Foreman was swinging right, hitting left. Ali was taking the beating staying on the rope. "Stay away from the rope" said his manager. Oh no he ain't gong off the rope. Foreman punched and punched and Ali took him to distance. Foreman's punches were not doing any damage. Then Ali came out and fought and punched Foreman to the ground. Oh no he down!! He down!! End of story.

USA had the game under control. They were not outpossessed by the Belgium. It was an end to end stuff! The best game of the tournament. The only difference? Striker!! USA had the BEST chance of the game to put the game away in normal regulation. Wondoloski's chance was a glorious chance that he should have put on target at least. It will hunt him for quite sometime. It was not blown as offside as some people are saying. It was not even close to being an offside. Linesman didn't even raise his flag. So I don't know where that opaks is coming from. Anyway, it was a close game!

Under control? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You have been listening to this guy eh?

End to end stuff? Did you watch only extra time and the last 5 minutes of regulation time?! Yes let's check out Spain's stats in terms of possession :rotf:

The only difference between Spain v Holland AND Belgium v USA was Tim Howard, the USA was that close to that kind of beating. You can tell yourself it was close, the Spanish actually had Holland on the ropes and can legitimately say THEY were close. Outside of the desperation at the end of the regulation and in ET, at NO point did the USA look like they had a clue that attack was part of the game.

Ali v Fraser? This was more Ali v London