USA is proud today……

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: USA is proud today……

Post by The Eagle »

femibyte wrote:They also played and never gave up till the final whistle. African teams could learn from that. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Weren't you the one who said you were tired of "moral victories"? Or does that just apply to African teams?

PS: Remind me again of how breaking the one team in the Second Round barrier is a "moral victory"?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

The Eagle wrote:
femibyte wrote:They also played and never gave up till the final whistle. African teams could learn from that. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Weren't you the one who said you were tired of "moral victories"? Or does that just apply to African teams?

PS: Remind me again of how breaking the one team in the Second Round barrier is a "moral victory"?
why are you make the correlation of fighting til the end to moral victories?

seems like you're arguing against yourself
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

goke313 wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

why are you make the correlation of fighting til the end to moral victories?

seems like you're arguing against yourself
<Sigh>

It is femibyte who said fighting till the end but still losing is a "moral victory". He made the correlation on another thread. A thread he started. A thread upon which he said he is tired of "moral victories".

Which is the point of the question. A question which was directed at femibyte.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

tfco wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
tfco wrote:
:roll:

which African teams gave up? Was it not Algeria who scored with (almost) the last kick of their match?
Dude, did Ghana not give up against USA? I know I should not be supporting Ghana against USA but Ghana gave up once they equalized. Naija also gave up against France. CIV gave up against Greece!! And yes Algeria was the only AFrican team to take it to the last whistle!! yarns!!
nonsense.

what do you call GIVING UP?

Ghana conceded after equalizing, how tf is that giving up?
CIV did not 'give up', they conceded a cheap PK in the dying seconds

Basically if one team scores in the dying seconds against the other, the team that conceded has given up...wow :roll:
Opaks! I guess conceding a cheap PK in the dying seconds is not giving up? :roll:
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
tfco wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
tfco wrote:

which African teams gave up? Was it not Algeria who scored with (almost) the last kick of their match?
Dude, did Ghana not give up against USA? I know I should not be supporting Ghana against USA but Ghana gave up once they equalized. Naija also gave up against France. CIV gave up against Greece!! And yes Algeria was the only AFrican team to take it to the last whistle!! yarns!!
nonsense.

Basically if one team scores in the dying seconds against the other, the team that conceded has given up...wow :roll:
Opaks! I guess conceding a cheap PK in the dying seconds is not giving up? :roll:

How is that giving up? Some of una no dey gree use the cells actively, everything na autopilot.

Did Argentina 'give' up because the Swiss hit the post in the dying embers of their game? Did Belgium 'give up' because they almost lost a game they had owned (they'll be sending Wondo boxes of chocolates and cases of beer for life), did Germany give up because Algeria had chances to steal something from them?

Since when did a simple lapse in concentration become 'giving up'? I must be missing this definition of giving up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

kolinzo wrote:
tfco wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
tfco wrote:

nonsense.

The Greeks didn't give up. CIV couldn't hang on. Subtle difference.