Kolinzo your US team sucks

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
Kolinzo your US team sucks

Post by African Star »

And Michael Bradley sucks even more. All they do is pack it in and hope Tim Howard saves them. They were lucky against Ghana, played an undermanned Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo but ran out of luck today. I don't think I have ever seen a team dominated like this in a world cup. Thank god alltthe negative CONCACAF sucker teams are going home, next up is CRC. Bye bye
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Kolinzo your US team sucks

Post by kalani JR »

Ok.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

At a point second half the possession was 51%-49% Belgium. Belgium was huffing and puffing and could not do squat for 90mins. Okay...they were outplayed quite alright.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

kolinzo wrote:At a point second half the possession was 51%-49% Belgium. Belgium was huffing and puffing and could not do squat for 90mins. Okay...they were outplayed quite alright.
Whatever!!!!!!Let's talk about Lebron James :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:At a point second half the possession was 51%-49% Belgium. Belgium was huffing and puffing and could not do squat for 90mins. Okay...they were outplayed quite alright.

At probably around that same point, the belgians had 20 shots to the usa's 3 and the usmnt had 61 (no misprint) SIXTY-ONE clearances but sure belgium was huffing and puffing. Belgium scored on the 32nd shot, that's THIRTY TWO. Two things the belgians have struggled with in this cup, crossing and finishing, if they were better, it'd have been tianamen square out there.

Give the other team credit, it's soothing to be truthful.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

African Star wrote:And Michael Bradley sucks even more. All they do is pack it in and hope Tim Howard saves them. They were lucky against Ghana, played an undermanned Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo but ran out of luck today. I don't think I have ever seen a team dominated like this in a world cup. Thank god alltthe negative CONCACAF sucker teams are going home, next up is CRC. Bye bye
1. get the ball

2. pass to the wing

3. run run run
a) lose the ball
b) cross and hope

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

tfco wrote:
African Star wrote:And Michael Bradley sucks even more. All they do is pack it in and hope Tim Howard saves them. They were lucky against Ghana, played an undermanned Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo but ran out of luck today. I don't think I have ever seen a team dominated like this in a world cup. Thank god alltthe negative CONCACAF sucker teams are going home, next up is CRC. Bye bye
1. get the ball

2. pass to the wing

3. run run run
a) lose the ball
b) cross and hope

2-1 as a result of cross and hope, and run run run in the 32sec > 2-1 huffing and puffing and hope to win for 89mins.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:

At probably around that same point, the belgians had 20 shots to the usa's 3 and the usmnt had 61 (no misprint) SIXTY-ONE clearances but sure belgium was huffing and puffing. Belgium scored on the 32nd shot, that's THIRTY TWO. Two things the belgians have struggled with in this cup, crossing and finishing, if they were better, it'd have been tianamen square out there.

If Belgium had scored in first half those 30 shots would not have happened. They were allowed to huff and puff and they couldn't do anything for 90mins. That's the truth. Once they scored the USA shut it down and Belgium was on the rope. USA should have won the game in the regulation but for Wondo's miss. USA had them where they wanted. Wondo will never forgive himself for missing that glorious chance. It was just unfortunate USA miscalculated and gave up two goals. It was a wrap for Belgium after that, but no cigar.

***Breda = Br****
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

tfco wrote:
1. get the ball

2. pass to the wing

3. run run run
a) lose the ball
b) cross and hope

If it was not for Tim Howard cheating and coming way of his line to narrow angles it would have been a basketball score and if only the Belgians had figured him out and start chipping him it would have been terrible.

If it was the SE that got outplayed like so they would have been bashed all over the place and CE would have been a miserable place. :taunt:
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:
1. get the ball

2. pass to the wing

3. run run run
a) lose the ball
b) cross and hope
:rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

the same mugus at work that were yabbing me after Nigeria lost yesterday, where quiet today.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

If Belgium had scored in first half those 30 shots would not have happened. They were allowed to huff and puff and they couldn't do anything for 90mins. That's the truth. Once they scored the USA shut it down and Belgium was on the rope. USA should have won the game in the regulation but for Wondo's miss. USA had them where they wanted. Wondo will never forgive himself for missing that glorious chance. It was just unfortunate USA miscalculated and gave up two goals. It was a wrap for Belgium after that, but no cigar.

This isnt microsoft excel, there's no need for all these 'if' statements....if nigeria would have had that goal allowed, we'd have beat france by 4, if enyeama would have....etc etc.

The usmnt had belgium where they wanted them, is like saying u had mike tyson where you wanted him as the champ unloads blow after blow on your head.

Well and comfortably beaten by a belgian side that FAILED to take advantage of it's vast superiority.
Last edited by platinum on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

That Wondolowski miss was the USA WC.

The gods gave us a chance...but demanded that we do the work...but we just didn't have the class.

Or, more specifically, Wondolowski didn't. He utterly failed. In the moment of truth, he showed he's nowhere near being an international class player. He always looked out of place.

In contrast, I like what little I saw of Julian Green. I find myself imaging what would have happened had he played in place of Wondolowski.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Belgium are/were the better side. They created more chances and dominated play. For the US to move up to the next tier, they will have to develop defenders and midfield players who are comfortable playing the ball so that they can control the tempo.

Hit and run tactics eventually fail, people talk and word spreads and eventually you cannot get ANY! 8-)
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

The gods gave us a chance...but demanded that we do the work...but we just didn't have the class.

Or, more specifically, Wondolowski didn't. He utterly failed. In the moment of truth, he showed he's nowhere near being an international class player. He always looked out of place.

In contrast, I like what little I saw of Julian Green. I find myself imaging what would have happened had he played in place of Wondolowski.

Cheers, Mate

Which wondo chance? are you guys going on about the chance that was ruled OFFSIDE???

Green's movement was better than anything the usa had upfront prior, almost like griezmann v nigeria yesterday
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Asabe, we're short of 1 quality midfielder. I'm not saying this is trivial, but a field marshal would have made the team a lot more composed. Imagine a decent midfielder with this team, with a 2 pronged attack in Dempsey and a healthy Altidore?

We're not that far away. I still say we're a solid tier 2 side. As is Belgium. They are not so better than us that the margin of difference could only be overtime in a WC knockout.

I like the US future much better than that of Belgium. We'll see come 2018.

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Which wondo chance? are you guys going on about the chance that was ruled OFFSIDE???

Green's movement was better than anything the usa had upfront prior, almost like griezmann v nigeria yesterday

Not offside. From what I've been reading, the whistle was for a goal kick.

Cheers, Mate
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Kai misery loves company......................I trust my naija people
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Belgium were far better than the USA and I expect them to beat Argentina

The USA must be commended for a dogged defensive effort though
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YUJAM wrote:Belgium were far better than the USA and I expect them to beat Argentina

The USA must be commended for a dogged defensive effort though
Belgium BARELY beat the US!

:taunt:

BTW, some mystical force is protecting Argentina. I just saw those last 5 minutes against the Swiss! Kai! How could the Swiss Shaquiri not have scored on that open head ball, which hit the post, and then he couldn't get the rebound.

:shock:

The devil is backing Argentina...and his agent of destruction is one witch called Lionel Messi!

Cheers, Mate
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The commentators said US team was the second to last team possession wise at the world cup...They are just unable to keep the ball or pass it around...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

maceo4 wrote:The commentators said US team was the second to last team possession wise at the world cup...They are just unable to keep the ball or pass it around...
Not skilled enough, it's the way they develop their players, their youth system has to be completely overhauled, they have the right template and right system in place but instead of player development the youth coaches and parents are obsessed with winning leagues and tournaments, youth coaches establish their reputations by winning these leagues and tournaments as a result they start coaching tactics and formation at a very young age and forgo skills development and because speed, strength and size are such an advantage at younger ages, those are the players that are hyped and promoted. I remember the head coach at the Florida academy where Altidore played saying that they stop skills training at age 13 and start focusing on tactics and strategy, while all studies show that the critical ages where skills development and confidence on the ball is attained is between the ages of 13 and 19 when you are developing mentally and maturing. I have seen caches yell at and bench kids for dribbling too much when they should be encouraging that.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/u-s--s-gri ... 04887.html

U.S.'s gritty effort not good enough to compete with World Cup elite
Dan Wetzel
By Dan Wetzel 2 hours ago Yahoo Sports

For complete World Cup 2014 coverage visit Yahoo Sports and follow @YahooSoccer

SALVADOR, Brazil – The assault was relentless. The pressure was unrelenting. Shot after shot, attack after attack, these Belgians just coming and coming at Tim Howard, just teeing up until they could eventually break through.

Howard had been amazing but in the end it was not enough, the United States' World Cup dream ending here Tuesday in a 2-1 defeat to Belgium. The story of the night was how Howard's greatness – "absolutely amazing" Jurgen Klinsmann put it – combined with a roster full of signature heart and unrelenting effort forced extra time and then made the Belgians white-knuckle their way into the quarterfinals.

[Photos: Heartbroken Team USA fans]

Beaten at the end, Howard summoned the energy for a postgame lap around the field to wave and thank the American fans who trekked here. As he finished, he ran into the Belgians themselves, exhausted but exhilarated, and what unfolded was a scene of honor among warriors.

Howard had tested the Belgian's will, and they wanted him to know it. So Marouane Fellaini came and gave him a hug and some words of respect. Eden Hazard put an arm on the goalkeeper's shoulder. Kevin Mirallas just patted him on the back. A small group of other Belgium players stood and clapped in his direction.

They'd survived. They'd moved on. But in Tim Howard, they had met their equal.

It was a scene that U.S. Soccer craves on this stage, elite recognizing elite. It also underscored the national team's reality.

Howard was the only player who could match the Belgians in ability. He was the only one as good as they were. Belgium was bigger, faster and more precise. Its bench was deeper, its options more robust. It controlled the game. It dominated. It was 27 to nine in shots on goal and 19 to four in corners, and Howard's 16 saves were the most in a World Cup game since 1966, because World Cup games are usually more evenly played.

The Americans relied, as always, on ferocity and fight. That can take you a long, admirable way in sports. It just can't get you into the late rounds of a World Cup, where eventually the best can just grind you into a pulp.

"This team showed once again it has balls," Michael Bradley said.

It did. It just didn't show it has the players to do much more than give an elite club a scare.

Across the last three World Cups, the U.S. has won just two games, compiling a 2-5-4 record since its surprise quarterfinal appearance back in 2002. For the second consecutive tournament, the Americans lost in extra time in the round of 16, although this game was more lopsided than the 2010 loss to Ghana.

[Related: Human wall Tim Howard sets World Cup record in U.S. loss to Belgium ]

Here in 2014, the U.S. wound up completely dominated by the top teams it faced. Shut out by Germany at the end of group play. Shut down by Belgium on Tuesday.

There should be immense honor in the way the U.S. competes. "I think they made their country proud," Klinsmann said.

They did. But what's next? What's possible without an influx of athletes that can play with the best of the best?

"The talent gap is difficult to discuss," said Klinsmann, who brought in a slew of dual nationals and still was playing short-handed. "We're trying at every level and every corner of the country and outside the country to develop more players for our team, our country.

"I think we've done well over the last couple of years," he continued. "We've found a lot of good players. We just need to let them grow."

This is the key for the Americans as they limp out of Brazil. U.S. Soccer is well-run. It's well-funded. It's well-coached. It's well-supported. It has built a core culture that all operations crave. It's all in place. At some point there are just limitations, though, where eventually you only have a great goalkeeper and the hope that something bounces in on the other end of the field.