Scolari overconfident about Brazil...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

femibyte
Egg
Egg
Scolari overconfident about Brazil...

Post by femibyte »

Softly softly Big Phil... Ever heard of the word hubris ???

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28154336

Luiz Felipe Scolari: Brazil have 'one hand on the World Cup'

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer in Fortaleza
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari says his team have one hand on the World Cup as he rounded angrily on his critics ahead of Friday's quarter-final against Colombia in Fortaleza.
Scolari insisted during a tense news conference that the 2002 World Cup winners are on course to reclaim the trophy on home soil.

Our supporters want us to tell them what we want, how we want to win and how we are going to get it. We continue with the same speech

Luiz Felipe Scolari
"Does Brazil continue to have one hand on the trophy? Yes," he said.
"We are going on to the fifth step and there are seven steps."
Scolari has been criticised by former players, including 1970 World Cup winning captain Carlos Alberto, for his use of sports psychologist Regina Brandao.
Brandao, who has worked regularly with Scolari, visited the Brazil camp after several of the players broke down in tears during the national anthem, and also after the penalty shoot-out win against Chile in the last 16.
He said: "It was scheduled and organised. She will come again on Sunday and Monday. She has participated in a very nice way and I will tell you I don't think she makes us win.
"She isn't paid anything to do this. I admire psychologists. You can try to seek more information."
The 65-year-old, who led Brazil to 2002 World Cup success in Japan and South Korea, also took issue with members of the media who were excluded from a briefing with him earlier this week, telling them: "If you don't like it, go to hell."
Brazil form guide
Reached the quarter-finals of the World Cup for the sixth consecutive time. They have lost at this stage in the last two tournaments
Only defeat in the last 25 games came against Switzerland last August (Won 18, Draw 6, Lost 1)
Unbeaten in 41 successive home matches, with their last defeat coming against Paraguay in August 2002
Last competitive defeat at home was 3-1 to Peru in the 1975 Copa America semi-final
And Scolari repeated the optimistic messages he delivered about Brazil's hopes before the World Cup, saying: "Don't forget those statements. They were all fantastic - those statements could not be any different.
"Our population, our supporters, don't expect any different.
"They want us to tell them what we want, how we want to win and how we are going to get it. We continue with the same speech."
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Scolari overconfident about Brazil...

Post by Damunk »

What was their problem with a sports psychologist visiting the team? I don't get it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
nianiote
Egg
Egg
Re: Scolari overconfident about Brazil...

Post by nianiote »

Damunk wrote:What was their problem with a sports psychologist visiting the team? I don't get it.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... gist-tears
Thiago Silva, was so overcome with tension that he asked not to be selected among the penalty takers and sat alone by the touchline as his team-mates walked up to the spot.