Pics and videos from Brazil

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: Pics and videos from Brazil

Post by Heliopolis »

To all of us complaining about the logistical challenges of a WC in Brazil, the 2018 WC in Russia looks like it'll also be a headache.

While the distance between Moscow and St. Pete is only 3 hours by train, the distances between other host cities are obscene. Demands for matches in Moscow and St. Petersburg will be as high as it was for Rio and SP matches at this WC. Plus you'll have a significantly larger contingent of European and Asian fans in attendance compared to this WC. If I end up going, I might just stick to matches in Moscow/SP/Nizhny or enjoy the beach in Sochi. Either way, I expect Egypt to be playing in 7 WC matches in 2018.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

A WC in Qatar is retarded. One major cities, a bunch of villages but hey oil rich and a lot of A/C!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

they say ground transpo will be free in Russia 2018 for those with game tickets

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Forget Russia for now. Bring on Maroc 8-)
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

Lager-back wrote:Forget Russia for now. Bring on Maroc 8-)
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Booked! Maroc 2015 is in my plans.
Look who is Here Again!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ElHadary wrote:A WC in Qatar is retarded. One major cities, a bunch of villages but hey oil rich and a lot of A/C!
...i suspect the Qataris will go over board and AC all the playing fields and fan stands. Hey all it takes is money and they have it...oyinbos from the west will bring their engineering brains to make it happen :thumb:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

From a logistics POV, a Qatar WC is almost perfect. Problem is that country is devoid of any culture, history and identity and is thus, boring as hell. Having close to 1 million people in that tiny place all at once will also make it one of the most unaffordable WCs ever.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Heliopolis wrote:From a logistics POV, a Qatar WC is almost perfect. Problem is that country is devoid of any culture, history and identity and is thus, boring as hell. Having close to 1 million people in that tiny place all at once will also make it one of the most unaffordable WCs ever.
correction...cheapest

travel will be very easy
accommodation...tents
food will be the only prob.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Heliopolis wrote:To all of us complaining about the logistical challenges of a WC in Brazil, the 2018 WC in Russia looks like it'll also be a headache.

While the distance between Moscow and St. Pete is only 3 hours by train, the distances between other host cities are obscene. Demands for matches in Moscow and St. Petersburg will be as high as it was for Rio and SP matches at this WC. Plus you'll have a significantly larger contingent of European and Asian fans in attendance compared to this WC. If I end up going, I might just stick to matches in Moscow/SP/Nizhny or enjoy the beach in Sochi. Either way, I expect Egypt to be playing in 7 WC matches in 2018.
As tfco mentioned, free transportation for those with match tickets will be available.
The problem with Russia 2018 isn't the distance imo. It's security. I don't feel that's being discussed enough yet.
Nothing happened with Sochi, not just because the Russians were on it to make sure they wouldn't be embarrased by the Chechnyans. Rather I feel the fact that the even was held in one city helped immensely. With the World Cup in so many different cities, the Russians will be up against it to make sure nothing happens while they host the tournament.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

KIZONZO wrote:We lost to France but ..... :lol: :lol: forget what the hat says
We see you bro! :thumbs: :thumb:

--------------------------------------------
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Wait..no be the same ikemba wey you dey follow fight up and down for CE? Me I for think say you go wire am slap when you see am
ohsee wrote:Image
ohsee and ikemba_nacho before the Bosnia game. Yes, make una yab away, I deserve it. Too much beer and Brasilian puff-puff don kill me. I am going to the gym today.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

nanijoe wrote:Wait..no be the same ikemba wey you dey follow fight up and down for CE? Me I for think say you go wire am slap when you see am
ohsee wrote:Image
ohsee and ikemba_nacho before the Bosnia game. Yes, make una yab away, I deserve it. Too much beer and Brasilian puff-puff don kill me. I am going to the gym today.
:shock: :shock:
Where me and ikemba dey fight?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

F360 wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:To all of us complaining about the logistical challenges of a WC in Brazil, the 2018 WC in Russia looks like it'll also be a headache.

As tfco mentioned, free transportation for those with match tickets will be available.
The problem with Russia 2018 isn't the distance imo. It's security. I don't feel that's being discussed enough yet.
Nothing happened with Sochi, not just because the Russians were on it to make sure they wouldn't be embarrased by the Chechnyans. Rather I feel the fact that the even was held in one city helped immensely. With the World Cup in so many different cities, the Russians will be up against it to make sure nothing happens while they host the tournament.
No problem.
I'm a black man. Oyibo terrorists are racists. Dem nor get time for us. No profit. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ok..maybe I'm mistaking him for one of the Biafran soldiers wey you dey constantly battle with..
ohsee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Wait..no be the same ikemba wey you dey follow fight up and down for CE? Me I for think say you go wire am slap when you see am
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

nanijoe wrote:Ok..maybe I'm mistaking him for one of the Biafran soldiers wey you dey constantly battle with..
ohsee wrote:

na Ojemba mean :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Helio:

Standard travel time from Moscow to St. Petersburg by rail is OVERNIGHT. Now they have the High-speed rail, but it is still 4 hrs (@400 km/h). Not sure if there will be enough trains to handle WC traffic, though Russia has the resources and time...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Heliopolis wrote:From a logistics POV, a Qatar WC is almost perfect. Problem is that country is devoid of any culture, history and identity and is thus, boring as hell. Having close to 1 million people in that tiny place all at once will also make it one of the most unaffordable WCs ever.
Ashewo will find their way dia!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Helio:

Standard travel time from Moscow to St. Petersburg by rail is OVERNIGHT. Now they have the High-speed rail, but it is still 4 hrs (@400 km/h). Not sure if there will be enough trains to handle WC traffic, though Russia has the resources and time...
Chief, I have travelled by rail from Moscow to St. Petersburg. It is only a 3-4 hour distance, trains leave frequently throughout the day, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt it was the best train experience of my life. The entire train feels like you are travelling business class. If I go to the 2018 WC, and I have my way, I'll only attend matches in those 2 cities due to ease and comfort. Unfortunately demand for all matches in those cities will be through the roof.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

seloweizer wrote:
hmmmm ...
visit the village square
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

K wrote:
seloweizer wrote:
hmmmm ...
you no wan go?
Look who is Here Again!
NaijaGeisha
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by NaijaGeisha »

Hi Ikemba Nacho :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:
"The greatest weapon anyone can use against us is our mind by preying on the doubts and uncertainties that already lurk there" -Emily Thorne (Rvenge)
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

nanijoe wrote:Ok..maybe I'm mistaking him for one of the Biafran soldiers wey you dey constantly battle with..
ohsee wrote:

HAHAHA, bros I dont chase anybody up and down in this forum, dont have time for that.

@ohsee, was great meeting you.

I will post my pictures some time this weekend, only touched down two days ago
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

NaijaGeisha wrote:Hi Ikemba Nacho :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:

Hi Love, how are you doing?

:D :D :D :D