Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 pm 

To all of us complaining about the logistical challenges of a WC in Brazil, the 2018 WC in Russia looks like it'll also be a headache.

While the distance between Moscow and St. Pete is only 3 hours by train, the distances between other host cities are obscene. Demands for matches in Moscow and St. Petersburg will be as high as it was for Rio and SP matches at this WC. Plus you'll have a significantly larger contingent of European and Asian fans in attendance compared to this WC. If I end up going, I might just stick to matches in Moscow/SP/Nizhny or enjoy the beach in Sochi. Either way, I expect Egypt to be playing in 7 WC matches in 2018.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 pm 
Suspended Member

A WC in Qatar is retarded. One major cities, a bunch of villages but hey oil rich and a lot of A/C!

YUJAM the pharaoh
amafolas wrote:
are you sure it is People Destroying People and not Politicians Destroying People

"So long as I need to ask you once Lord Snow; are you a brother of Night's Watch or a kind person boy who wants to play at war!?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:32 am 

they say ground transpo will be free in Russia 2018 for those with game tickets

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 am 

Forget Russia for now. Bring on Maroc 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:59 am 

Lager-back wrote:

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Booked! Maroc 2015 is in my plans.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm 

ElHadary wrote:
A WC in Qatar is retarded. One major cities, a bunch of villages but hey oil rich and a lot of A/C!
...i suspect the Qataris will go over board and AC all the playing fields and fan stands. Hey all it takes is money and they have it...oyinbos from the west will bring their engineering brains to make it happen :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:54 pm 

From a logistics POV, a Qatar WC is almost perfect. Problem is that country is devoid of any culture, history and identity and is thus, boring as hell. Having close to 1 million people in that tiny place all at once will also make it one of the most unaffordable WCs ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 pm 

Heliopolis wrote:
From a logistics POV, a Qatar WC is almost perfect. Problem is that country is devoid of any culture, history and identity and is thus, boring as hell. Having close to 1 million people in that tiny place all at once will also make it one of the most unaffordable WCs ever.

correction...cheapest

travel will be very easy
accommodation...tents
food will be the only prob.

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 am 

Heliopolis wrote:
To all of us complaining about the logistical challenges of a WC in Brazil, the 2018 WC in Russia looks like it'll also be a headache.

While the distance between Moscow and St. Pete is only 3 hours by train, the distances between other host cities are obscene. Demands for matches in Moscow and St. Petersburg will be as high as it was for Rio and SP matches at this WC. Plus you'll have a significantly larger contingent of European and Asian fans in attendance compared to this WC. If I end up going, I might just stick to matches in Moscow/SP/Nizhny or enjoy the beach in Sochi. Either way, I expect Egypt to be playing in 7 WC matches in 2018.

As tfco mentioned, free transportation for those with match tickets will be available.
The problem with Russia 2018 isn't the distance imo. It's security. I don't feel that's being discussed enough yet.
Nothing happened with Sochi, not just because the Russians were on it to make sure they wouldn't be embarrased by the Chechnyans. Rather I feel the fact that the even was held in one city helped immensely. With the World Cup in so many different cities, the Russians will be up against it to make sure nothing happens while they host the tournament.

--------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 am 

KIZONZO wrote:
We lost to France but ..... :lol: :lol: forget what the hat says

We see you bro! :thumbs: :thumb:

--------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Wait..no be the same ikemba wey you dey follow fight up and down for CE? Me I for think say you go wire am slap when you see am

ohsee wrote:
ohsee and ikemba_nacho before the Bosnia game. Yes, make una yab away, I deserve it. Too much beer and Brasilian puff-puff don kill me. I am going to the gym today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm 

nanijoe wrote:
Wait..no be the same ikemba wey you dey follow fight up and down for CE? Me I for think say you go wire am slap when you see am

ohsee wrote:
ohsee and ikemba_nacho before the Bosnia game. Yes, make una yab away, I deserve it. Too much beer and Brasilian puff-puff don kill me. I am going to the gym today.

:shock: :shock:
Where me and ikemba dey fight?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 pm 

F360 wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

As tfco mentioned, free transportation for those with match tickets will be available.
The problem with Russia 2018 isn't the distance imo. It's security. I don't feel that's being discussed enough yet.
Nothing happened with Sochi, not just because the Russians were on it to make sure they wouldn't be embarrased by the Chechnyans. Rather I feel the fact that the even was held in one city helped immensely. With the World Cup in so many different cities, the Russians will be up against it to make sure nothing happens while they host the tournament.
No problem.
I'm a black man. Oyibo terrorists are racists. Dem nor get time for us. No profit. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Ok..maybe I'm mistaking him for one of the Biafran soldiers wey you dey constantly battle with..

ohsee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:16 pm 

nanijoe wrote:
Ok..maybe I'm mistaking him for one of the Biafran soldiers wey you dey constantly battle with..

ohsee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:

Quote:

na Ojemba mean :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Image <--- Santini/Jol/Ramos/'Arry/AVB/Sherwood/Poch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:21 pm 

Heliopolis wrote:

Helio:

Standard travel time from Moscow to St. Petersburg by rail is OVERNIGHT. Now they have the High-speed rail, but it is still 4 hrs (@400 km/h). Not sure if there will be enough trains to handle WC traffic, though Russia has the resources and time...

Image <--- Santini/Jol/Ramos/'Arry/AVB/Sherwood/Poch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:02 pm 

Heliopolis wrote:

Ashewo will find their way dia!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:05 am 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

Helio:

Standard travel time from Moscow to St. Petersburg by rail is OVERNIGHT. Now they have the High-speed rail, but it is still 4 hrs (@400 km/h). Not sure if there will be enough trains to handle WC traffic, though Russia has the resources and time...

Chief, I have travelled by rail from Moscow to St. Petersburg. It is only a 3-4 hour distance, trains leave frequently throughout the day, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt it was the best train experience of my life. The entire train feels like you are travelling business class. If I go to the 2018 WC, and I have my way, I'll only attend matches in those 2 cities due to ease and comfort. Unfortunately demand for all matches in those cities will be through the roof.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:45 pm 

seloweizer wrote:
Lager-back wrote:

hmmmm ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:08 am 

K wrote:
seloweizer wrote:
Lager-back wrote:

hmmmm ...

you no wan go?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:15 am 

Hi Ikemba Nacho :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:21 am 

nanijoe wrote:

ohsee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:

Quote:

HAHAHA, bros I dont chase anybody up and down in this forum, dont have time for that.

@ohsee, was great meeting you.

I will post my pictures some time this weekend, only touched down two days ago

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 am 

NaijaGeisha wrote:
Hi Ikemba Nacho :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:

Hi Love, how are you doing?

:D :D :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next