Pics and videos from Brazil

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pics from Brazil

Post by The YeyeMan »

Selo :clap:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Yes, I know it is a silly question .... but does "acaraje" taste like akara? Abi are there ingredients unique to Brazil that give it a different flavour?

PS: These things interest me .... whether the areas with Yoruba Orishas, the areas where the Creole word for white man is "Beke" (the Igbo word, abeg I no sabi spell), or the places where the Creole word for "Heaven" is the same as the Creole word for "Africa".
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

buriful pics
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Seloweizer

Wha choo looking at?!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

The Eagle wrote:Yes, I know it is a silly question .... but does "acaraje" taste like akara? Abi are there ingredients unique to Brazil that give it a different flavour?

PS: These things interest me .... whether the areas with Yoruba Orishas, the areas where the Creole word for white man is "Beke" (the Igbo word, abeg I no sabi spell), or the places where the Creole word for "Heaven" is the same as the Creole word for "Africa".
Legit question bro.. I finally found acaraje while in brasilia.. On its own, its tastes close enough but naija people is tastier cos of the spices.. On the other hand, the brasilians serves their acaraje with jara on top like a sandwich.. they slice it open and add beans, crayfish or na shrimp and a bunch of other stuff in the middle.. I took it with the shrimp.. but like almost all the foods in brasil, the shrimp made the whole thing too salty for my taste..

Last edited by analyzer on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

analyzer wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Yes, I know it is a silly question .... but does "acaraje" taste like akara? Abi are there ingredients unique to Brazil that give it a different flavour?

Legit question bro.. I finally found acaraje while in brasilia.. On its own, its tastes close enough but naija people is tastier cos of the spices.. On the other hand, the brasilians serves their acaraje with jara on top like a sandwich.. they slice it open and add beans, crayfish or na shrimp and a bunch of other stuff in the middle.. I took it with the shrimp.. but like almost all the foods in brasil, the shrimp made the whole thing too salty for my taste..
The Brazilians put spoons of salt on everything :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Every single time I ate out in Brazil I was overwhelmed with the salt content in my meals. I mean gotttttt dayummmmm....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Selo na bad guy.. me no fit compete with those pics o :lol: :lol:

Seloweizer think say na only am get woman pishure.. :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by analyzer on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Heliopolis wrote:
analyzer wrote:

The Brazilians put spoons of salt on everything :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Every single time I ate out in Brazil I was overwhelmed with the salt content in my meals. I mean gotttttt dayummmmm....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The salt thing was just overboard .. Felt like i should be checking my blood pressure with each bite..

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Make I post club pictures?
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

analyzer wrote:Selo na bad guy.. me no fit compete with those pics o :lol: :lol:

Seloweizer think say na only am get woman pishure.. :taunt: :taunt:
Analyzer!!!! Na you sabi oh.. No be me and you waka? Contingent!!! :thumb: :thumb:
Look who is Here Again!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Chei Chei chei......Rio 2016 is looking like a must!
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

analyzer wrote:

The Eagle-
Analyzer is right. The food is the same. But taste is different. More salty in Brazil. The presentation is also unique with a lot of add ons.. see pic below..

The most amazing though is the depth of the religion and continuation of the African Traditional Religion... It will blow your mind to see the originality, spiritual consciousness and the seriousness with which they honor their Orixas.. Full display of the Yoruba dieties in center of Salvador.. Mind you.. Brazil has one of the largest black African populations in the world, second only to Nigeria.

See pics from visit.

Sango!
Last edited by seloweizer on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look who is Here Again!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Abeg, make den edit thread to include NSFW!!

Mini entertainment outside national stadium in Brasilia.. Before una start to dey yab me - notice I no be the only person wey dey enjoy the view and taking pics.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

[/video]

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Seloweizer, for some reason I can't see your pictures?
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mmeny wrote:Seloweizer, for some reason I can't see your pictures?

me sef no see dem o
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

me sef no see dem o
Chief let me know of they are visible now. I will post full stories later.
Look who is Here Again!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

seloweizer wrote:
analyzer wrote:

The Eagle-
Analyzer is right. The food is the same. But taste is different. More salty in Brazil. The presentation is also unique with a lot of add ons.. see pic below..

The most amazing though is the depth of the religion and continuation of the African Traditional Religion... It will blow your mind to see the originality, spiritual consciousness and the seriousness with which they honor their Orixas.. Full display of the Yoruba dieties in center of Salvador.. Mind you.. Brazil has one of the largest black African populations in the world, second only to Nigeria.

See pics from visit.
Obrigado. :)

I must venture that side one of these days.

The "Sierra Leonians" of 19th and early 20th Century Lagos Colony get most of the historical attention, but the African elite also included returnees from Brazil (Silva, Da Costa, etc), possibly from Bahia. I don't know that there is a formal relationship between Lagos and Salvador, though.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Kai...It looks like you guys seriously enjoyed Brazil :thumbs: :thumbs:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

seloweizer wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

me sef no see dem o
Chief let me know of they are visible now. I will post full stories later.
Thanks Selo, a good number of them are finally showing but some are still not visible. Anyways, thanks for sharing your personal photos. I'll try to attend the Olympics in 2016.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: @ analyzer's pics and video. Crazy #$% chick :lol:
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

:blink: :blink: my goodness.. those pics from TAJ Curitiba and their facebook page. TAJ sweet o
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

Lager-back wrote::blink: :blink: my goodness.. those pics from TAJ Curitiba and their facebook page. TAJ sweet o
Sharp man! :thumb: :thumb: You checked their facebook page eh?.. If you scroll down to Jun 16th (the day of the SE game vs Iran) you will see more pictures of CE's in TAJ.

You should visit Curitiba!
Look who is Here Again!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

lovely pics. glad you all made it back safely
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE