FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [2H} Hummels

Post by mcal »

Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:Wondering why Deschamps couldn't effect his tactical superiority...
cause he was tactically inferior to Loew.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The same Loew that Appiah taught a lesson on football...

THe same Loew that is about to leadi his team into the world cup semifinal a week after appiah landed back in kumasi
That's the way the cookie crumbles...

In this game, you need the ball to sometimes bounce your way. Losing does not mean you were tactical inferior like some folks will ALWAYS want us to believe...
...nope, winning is everything, to a Nigerian, a national motto, even if it's a meaningless friendly :lol:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Post by Heliopolis »

Funny thing about this match is both teams played to their stereotypes...

The French were passive, wimpy and bowed out like a bunch of pansies. No urgency, no drive, and no fight. I watched it on French TV and the French commentators (with Wenger in the booth) were the typical excuse-making, bias clowns they usually are. I honestly believe it was the most pathetic exit of the 2nd round thus far. Other than Uruguay, who were simply inferior, no other team looked more useless in defeat than France. These pansies had nearly 80 minutes to affect the outcome of the match yet they did nothing.

The Germans typified 'German efficiency' today. I'm not sure if they were instructed to conserve energy, if the flu bug hurt their energy levels, or if they opted for the Spain 2010 'cruise control' model, but they barely broke a sweat today. Lets also not forget they should've atleast finished the match with 2-3 goals if not for lackadaisical finishing. It'll be really interesting to see how they go up against Brazil (the semi-final match I expect). I dont think the pressure will hurt the Germans too much (except maybe sissies like Ozil) but will they go high tempo like they did in the 2nd half vs Algeria, or will they go with the solid and steady approach like they did today? It's hard to put a finger on this German team since it seems like they play differently each match. They've had some strange fluctuations in performance this tournament except that they've won almost every match with relative comfort.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Heliopolis wrote:Funny thing about this match is both teams played to their stereotypes...

The French were passive, wimpy and bowed out like a bunch of pansies. No urgency, no drive, and no fight. I watched it on French TV and the French commentators (with Wenger in the booth) were the typical excuse-making, bias clowns they usually are. I honestly believe it was the most pathetic exit of the 2nd round thus far. Other than Uruguay, who were simply inferior, no other team looked more useless in defeat than France. These pansies had nearly 80 minutes to affect the outcome of the match yet they did nothing.

The Germans typified 'German efficiency' today. I'm not sure if they were instructed to conserve energy, if the flu bug hurt their energy levels, or if they opted for the Spain 2010 'cruise control' model, but they barely broke a sweat today. Lets also not forget they should've atleast finished the match with 2-3 goals if not for lackadaisical finishing. It'll be really interesting to see how they go up against Brazil (the semi-final match I expect). I dont think the pressure will hurt the Germans too much (except maybe sissies like Ozil) but will they go high tempo like they did in the 2nd half vs Algeria, or will they go with the solid and steady approach like they did today? It's hard to put a finger on this German team since it seems like they play differently each match. They've had some strange fluctuations in performance this tournament except that they've won almost every match with relative comfort.
If the Germans are 'unlucky' to meet Brazil in the Semis, then it will be their last match at this WC....................Brazil WILL ALWAYS defeat the Germans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Highly disappointing game especially from Les Frenchies. Shockingly passive and void of any passion and fight. Just like World War II, they suffered an early blitkrieg and turned tail and capitulated :curse:

Tufiakwa, all they need from the Germans is a ring to confirm them as their Bride :roll: :roll:

Germany on the other hand have a major pace problem. If they play Brazil i will not be shocked if that becomes their undoing especially with their high line and the enigmatic nature of Khedira in the middle. Yes his adventurism and unpredictability can ruffle the opposition but he also leaves a very slow backline with no protection.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Last edited by anikulapo on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Heliopolis wrote:Funny thing about this match is both teams played to their stereotypes...

I suspected it has to be... their energy level was not at their usual level.

That is why it is even more embarrassing that the French did not capitalize on a team recovering from the flu...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

anikulapo wrote:Highly disappointing game especially from Les Frenchies. Shockingly passive and void of any passion and fight. Just like World War II, they suffered an early blitkrieg and turned tail and capitulated :curse:

Tufiakwa, all they need from the Germans is a ring to confirm them as their Bride :roll: :roll:

Germany on the other hand have a major pace problem. If they play Brazil i will not be shocked if that becomes their undoing especially with their high line and the enigmatic nature of Khedira in the middle. Yes his adventurism and unpredictability can ruffle the opposition but he also leaves a very slow backline with no protection.
a lot of their team had the flu.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

FRANK WHITE wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Highly disappointing game especially from Les Frenchies. Shockingly passive and void of any passion and fight. Just like World War II, they suffered an early blitkrieg and turned tail and capitulated :curse:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude seriously are you kidding :ohmy:

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In 90 minutes, Benzema gone, France gone, its over...there's no hidiny place, no compensatory sure bet to balance the books, this was the break even and that bit more. Chai! If all that came before had stirred the waters, now shall the waves. To hell with this Mundiale, ordinary ego wey I supposed to chop.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

anikulapo wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude seriously are you kidding :ohmy:
:blink: 7 of their players had the flu. I do not get why you think that is funny? Unless you think sickness doesn't affect atheletes? :???:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong