FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [HT} Hummels

Post by analyzer »

I think what is killing Germany's offense is lack of pace.. muller, kroos, ozil, klose - although all with good movement, just not quick enough.. definitely missing Rues... maybe sacrifice kroos or for gotze.. but doubt it as loew seems determined to match the french in MF personnel wise..... valbuena need to wake up..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

France show a slight variation on playing without a #10

Valbuena coming from wide right to find spaces in CM, Benzema pulls wide left and Greizman takes turns to run centrally from deep.

On the right, Matuidi creates platform for Evra to push forwards, but Khedira remains unaccounted for...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

analyzer wrote:I think what is killing Germany's offense is lack of pace.. muller, kroos, ozil, klose - although all with good movement, just not quick enough.. definitely missing Rues... maybe sacrifice kroos or for gotze.. but doubt it as loew seems determined to match the french in MF personnel wise..... valbuena need to wake up..
IMO problem is Ozil, he needs to do more on both sides of the ball

No chance Kroos will leave for Goetze, will be shocked if it happens...

I think he comes in for Ozil.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

analyzer wrote:I think what is killing Germany's offense is lack of pace.. muller, kroos, ozil, klose - although all with good movement, just not quick enough.. definitely missing Rues... maybe sacrifice kroos or for gotze.. but doubt it as loew seems determined to match the french in MF personnel wise..... valbuena need to wake up..

I agree. As many note, there is no magician. Germany really is using the notorious Der Mannschaft concept. To perfection.

Again, will it be enough? So far it's working. There is a whole half to play. More importantly, can it work against a team like Brazil?

To be honest, I think Germany should reinforce this team synergy even more. Put in Schurrle and take out Ozil. Forget Goetze. Go with the panzer team approach and let it play out.

There just isn't a Rumminegge, Voeller, Klinsmann, or Breitner.

I'll concede 1 thing in this context. Neur.

He's damn good.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If I were Loew I would switch to a diamond in MF, with Ozil at the top

Drop the high line and let France go wide. Give up the wide areas in favor of the central areas and hit them on the counter behind the fullbacks

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:If I were Loew I would switch to a diamond in MF, with Ozil at the top

Drop the high line and let France go wide. Give up the wide areas in favor of the central areas and hit them on the counter behind the fullbacks

I think Ozil would be more effective there but honestly so far France has been impotent, the germans have not had to overwork themselves even without looking threatening in attack.

I think les bleus need to push pogba a bit further up and maybe more central so he influences the game a bit more. He's been decent driving from deep but too much in front of him.

France miss the unpredictability of Ribery.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [2H} Hummels

Post by ElHadary »

French girls so hot.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

soma wrote:The more I watch this game the more I just think we need to get back to the drawing board.. Little things are holding the SE back from competing big time. The tactical game we don't have.
Not this ish again...

Games change on a dime...

Take Spain for an example, their tournament changed after the Dutch keeper saved a one-on-one break that would have put them up 2-0...

Shtuff happens... they did not blame it on lack of tactics... but the first thing natives do is think that it was lack of tactics that made them lose to a better team... :oops: :oops: :oops:

BTW, after 45 minutes we looked better than both teams on display today!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

France switch to a diamond in MF

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:

But he is incapable of doing more on both sides of the ball...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

France is going to score. Knocking on the door.

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

hmmm this is a reversal of the opening minutes of the first half as the Germans have ceded the initiative to the Frenchies ... Very dangerous game
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

100% incapable of contributing anything consistently if at all defensively, surprised people keep expecting that.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Why didnt Okpolo Eyes just blast the ball
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

It's geez I missed again Ozil.

Dude sucks.

:boo:

This gives me hope for France!

:thumbs:

Cheers, Mate
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

hummels is bullying varane on those setpieces
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

100% incapable of contributing anything consistently if at all defensively, surprised people keep expecting that.
:laugh:

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

griezmann totally embarrassed khedira there
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

France are DIRE. How da hell did we lose to them? :shock: Oh yeah ... the man with the whistle :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Deschamps has a critical decision to make in midfield as the clock ticks.... need to bring on a more offensive player.. the German defense IMO is not one of the strongest left in the competition..

decide b/w matuidi or cabaye on who to take out.. I vote matuidi as bobo not offering much offensively outside of his energy.. reminds me of Ramires...
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Khedira = dumb.

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kaiii these Germans lack overall team speed sha

MLK.