FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Post by ElHadary »

Highly boring game tbh. For as great as the group rounds are, is for as disappointing the playoff rounds are.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote:Absolutely disappointing effort from France. They had everything needed to compete in this game. Instead, they allowed Germany to play only as much as they needed to.

In a game like this, it's about moments. French players like Benzama, Pogba, and Griesmann failed to take theirs. Worst of all, they showed no fighting spirit after such misses, but despondency.

DeChamps evidently couldn't inspire his team.

Whoever said whimper said it best.

Germany got a pass in this one. Der Mannschaft literally cruised. But I will say this: I don't think they could beat Brazil in a semifinal. Just don't see it.

Cheers, Mate
Mate, please stop sounding like a Naijarian.

The better team won!

Just give them credit...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [2H} Hummels

Post by mmeny »

ohsee wrote:
skillful wrote:He he with a little bit of more seriousness an Africa team could have won this world cup
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is a joke, right?
If it was a joke it would be funny, but the guy is actually serious :(
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Easiest game Germany have had in this cup....i wont count the portugal game as pepe and portugal thought they were in brazil to do boxing.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

bret- hart wrote:Shebi I said this French team was overrated. If not for the ref and naïve decisions from Keshi, we would have beaten them
just happy they are out
seeing them play reminds me how keshi squandered this world cup opportunity
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

maceo4 wrote:
analyzer wrote:Ok.. making person explain to me how you hardly do much all game and then you start to dey cry when you get knocked out.. I dey refer to Griezmann (sp)..
Wow, he hardly did much? Then what would you say about the rest of the French team? He was one of their brighter spots...
:lol: :lol: for you and platinum.. abeg abeg.. was referring to the WHOLE french team as not doing much and not necessarily Griezmann (sp).. reference to griez was that he was crying..
Last edited by analyzer on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:Wondering why Deschamps couldn't effect his tactical superiority...
cause he was tactically inferior to Loew.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The same Loew that Appiah taught a lesson on football...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ElHadary wrote:Highly boring game tbh. For as great as the group rounds are, is for as disappointing the playoff rounds are.
:?: :?: :?:

The round of 16 had exciting games apart from maybe the argentina game.

It's to be expected, much more at stake.....closely matched teams, more tactical awareness and much fewer mistakes.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

ElHadary wrote:Highly boring game tbh. For as great as the group rounds are, is for as disappointing the playoff rounds are.
Please do not let anyone hear you..someone will come and tell you it was tactical masterpiece. I am just glad the next game in this grouping will be Brazil/Colombia vs Germany...

I am not surprised it was boring when two European top sides meet it is always some cagey boring game ending in 1-0 or so
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

platinum wrote:
:?: :?: :?:

The round of 16 had exciting games apart from maybe the argentina game.

It's to be expected, much more at stake.....closely matched teams, more tactical awareness and much fewer mistakes.
Agree.. as stakes get higher, expect a more cagey affair.. Still expected the french to go all in from like 20-25th min.. they just looked like they lacked ideas..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Not surprised. They required the ref to beat Nigeria.
Tactical superiority...
Ogbuefi, wetin txj do you now? :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

A tight, controlled and tactically detailed game, in which nobody wanted to open up, take risks and push the envelope.

Germany had the lead and the onus was on the French to chase the game.

Deschamps would only gamble so much, as has always been his nature.

Was he valid to do this? Depends on your point of view...

Its the aspect of the European game I've never agreed with...

I understand why coaches drop players in favor of team unity. But its still a failure of management.

Argentina sweated to beat the Swiss, in a game a Carlos Tevez coming from the bench would've blown open!

Today the French needed Nasri.

Instead all Deschamps could do was bring in Geroud and Remy...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

ohsee wrote:
skillful wrote:He he with a little bit of more seriousness an Africa team could have won this world cup
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is a joke, right?
I am so serious even with our grade b team we still held our own.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:Wondering why Deschamps couldn't effect his tactical superiority...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The same Loew that Appiah taught a lesson on football...

THe same Loew that is about to leadi his team into the world cup semifinal a week after appiah landed back in kumasi
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:You have to wonder at Deschamps..

The onus was on him to chase the game. Played cagey almost the entire game
I guess he was waiting for an injury to impact his tactical knowledge... :roll: :roll:

No ref. No injury. No African opposition to rob. Tactical reaction impaired.
-Simpli fy -
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I just hit forth worth. Pogba dey this match
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

smartbrother wrote:
The German team is tactically very good and flexible. You have to really beat them to knock them out. If for example, France took the lead the German would have mounted more of a challenge, and created chances.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
analyzer wrote:Ok.. making person explain to me how you hardly do much all game and then you start to dey cry when you get knocked out.. I dey refer to Griezmann (sp)..
Wow, he hardly did much? Then what would you say about the rest of the French team? He was one of their brighter spots...
:lol: :lol: for you and platinum.. abeg abeg.. was referring to the WHOLE french team as not doing much and not necessarily Griezmann (sp).. reference to griez was that he was crying..

analyzer, but the bobo tried now....on that french squad, who else try pass am today? if you give everything and lose, the emotions come flowing like that. Poor pikin, i feel for am.

They need to blame their coach. Funny, deschamps used to show the same ineptness at marseille when push came to shove.

Germany won without leaving gear 3.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Knew they were sissies...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

oloye wrote:Knew they were sissies...
what does that make nigerua
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:A tight, controlled and tactically detailed game, in which nobody wanted to open up, take risks and push the envelope.

Germany had the lead and the onus was on the French to chase the game.

Deschamps would only gamble so much, as has always been his nature.

Was he valid to do this? Depends on your point of view...

Its the aspect of the European game I've never agreed with...

I understand why coaches drop players in favor of team unity. But its still a failure of management.

Argentina sweated to beat the Swiss, in a game a Carlos Tevez coming from the bench would've blown open!

Today the French needed Nasri.

Instead all Deschamps could do was bring in Geroud and Remy...

Deschamps was overly cautious, he did same versus Nigeria. I noted that during the game. It's same issue he had at Marseille. I think if he opened up, he'd have been in trouble, the Germans have the sort of players who know how to use space, forget their lack of pace, they let the ball work.

I wouldn't put this on the absence of Nasri. More the absence of Ribery. Nasri is notorious for disappearing too and when you add his bad spirit, not worth it.

Even with what he had, he could have been tactically more daring. He clammed up today big time.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

mmeny wrote:
Please do not let anyone hear you..someone will come and tell you it was tactical masterpiece. I am just glad the next game in this grouping will be Brazil/Colombia vs Germany...

I am not surprised it was boring when two European top sides meet it is always some cagey boring game ending in 1-0 or so
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nostradamus Mr. mmeny :p

Yes it was boring, sorry much of the game was simply played in the midfield and not on either end. It was BORING. I was NOT entertained much unlike the group stages when both teams simply wanted to go at it. "High stakes" okay fine high stakes, but no team played as tenaciously as they did in the group stage. More cautious usually equates to more boring.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

The cheating team is gone. :clap: :clap:

Where is Coach Obahiagbon who bet that France is winning it all? :lol: :lol:

Bookie don cup your dollar :mrgreen:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD