FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [2H} Hummels

Post by Cellular »

smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:Wondering why Deschamps couldn't effect his tactical superiority...
cause he was tactically inferior to Loew.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The same Loew that Appiah taught a lesson on football...

THe same Loew that is about to leadi his team into the world cup semifinal a week after appiah landed back in kumasi
That's the way the cookie crumbles...

In this game, you need the ball to sometimes bounce your way. Losing does not mean you were tactical inferior like some folks will ALWAYS want us to believe...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Post by mate »

Cellular wrote:
mate wrote:Absolutely disappointing effort from France. They had everything needed to compete in this game. Instead, they allowed Germany to play only as much as they needed to.

In a game like this, it's about moments. French players like Benzama, Pogba, and Griesmann failed to take theirs. Worst of all, they showed no fighting spirit after such misses, but despondency.

DeChamps evidently couldn't inspire his team.

Whoever said whimper said it best.

Germany got a pass in this one. Der Mannschaft literally cruised. But I will say this: I don't think they could beat Brazil in a semifinal. Just don't see it.

Cheers, Mate
Mate, please stop sounding like a Naijarian.

The better team won!

Just give them credit...

The were better and I give them credit. I'm just disappointed that France didn't show more initiative and fight in a knockout game after going down by a goal.

And yes, I think Germany will suffer the same fate as it has in its past 4 WC semifinals.

I could be proven wrong, but those misses in the last 20 minutes seem awfully telling.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

It took Germany 13mins to find the back of the net against France. I bet France wished they had Tim Howard to make the save?! The same Germany that huffed and puffed against the United States won with ease against France.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Guys, I can't say it was boring. But it wasn't a classic for sure. Not what I expected from 2 strong European sides in a quarterfinal.

It was indeed a tactical battle. But blame DeChamps for that. As others here have noted, if European teams have an Achilles Heel, it's indeed being conservative when you should go for broke.

DeChamps had a few tricksters and refused to unleash them. What a pity! And he was a world champion himself. He should have recalled how his team played Croatia and France in 1998.

Cheers, Mate
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Like I was telling my friend if not for Onazi injury and Keshi and Mikel big man.SE would have make history by get to the semi and possibly win the whole thing.SE will never get this same opportunity.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Not surprised. They required the ref to beat Nigeria.
Tactical superiority...
Ogbuefi, wetin txj do you now? :D
Nothing o!

Just tired pipul attributing losses to being out thought or out strategized.

This game is not as complicated as folks think...

If someone in the comfort of their home with no exposure to big time football can see the game, what level of haughtiness will make you think that the folks who have been exposed to the highest level of the game won't be able to see it?

Deschamps's French team gave up an early goal and couldn't fix it... despite decent personnel and tactical changes.

Shtuff happens!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:Wondering why Deschamps couldn't effect his tactical superiority...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The same Loew that Appiah taught a lesson on football...

THe same Loew that is about to leadi his team into the world cup semifinal a week after appiah landed back in kumasi

In this game, you need the ball to sometimes bounce your way. Losing does not mean you were tactical inferior like some folks will ALWAYS want us to believe...
Tactically the Germans could have adjusted and created chances if they had gone down 1-0. The French simply did not respond.

The German may have ended up losing by more than 1 goal, but there sure would have made a game out of it.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

kajifu wrote:Like I was telling my friend if not for Onazi injury and Keshi and Mikel big man.SE would have make history by get to the semi and possibly win the whole thing.SE will never get this same opportunity.
:lol: :lol: Bros, this your Afrikaman talks dey funny o. Have you considered stand-up comedy? :D
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

It WAS boring, it was HIGHLY boring. I'm sorry, it just didn't live up to the hype in the least.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:It took Germany 13mins to find the back of the net against France. I bet France wished they had Tim Howard to make the save?! The same Germany that huffed and puffed against the United States won with ease against France.

Likewise, the Belgians were willing to huff and puff against the US and get the win, leveraging their skill in the process. France in contrast never committed themselves against Germany the same way and couldn't use their talented players.

DeChamps conceded the initiative to Germany. He played the game that the Germans wanted to play. And that's just incredibly deficient.

He did a great job up to now. France has restored itself from the debacle of 2010. But man did they lay down and die today, without...sorry, I have to say it...any resistance. Just like in WWII, if any French were resisting, they sure were few!

:veryangry:

Cheers, Mate
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote:
The were better and I give them credit. I'm just disappointed that France didn't show more initiative and fight in a knockout game after going down by a goal.

And yes, I think Germany will suffer the same fate as it has in its past 4 WC semifinals.

I could be proven wrong, but those misses in the last 20 minutes seem awfully telling.

Cheers, Mate
Speaking for the Germans, this is the kind of game a coach loves... they were physically not at optimum. They got the first goal and defended the lead. It says more about their fighting spirit.

If Germany was to be had, it was this game...

Score in the 13th minute and show the German resolve to make the score hold up.

Kudos!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

kajifu wrote:Like I was telling my friend if not for Onazi injury and Keshi and Mikel big man.SE would have make history by get to the semi and possibly win the whole thing.SE will never get this same opportunity.
Did you show them your crystal ball too?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

asabe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Tactically the Germans could have adjusted and created chances if they had gone down 1-0. The French simply did not respond.

The German may have ended up losing by more than 1 goal, but there sure would have made a game out of it.
It is where luck comes in handy...

They were lucky to get the lead... seriously, the flu slowed them down. It would have been a whole lot different if they were chasing the game.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

smartbrother wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Shebi I said this French team was overrated. If not for the ref and naïve decisions from Keshi, we would have beaten them
just happy they are out
seeing them play reminds me how keshi squandered this world cup opportunity
...And which coach would have won the cup with Naija???
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

joao wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Shebi I said this French team was overrated. If not for the ref and naïve decisions from Keshi, we would have beaten them
just happy they are out
Just add Van Gaal...

Ahmean, he would stop player revolt, buy training cone, fight NFF... and get enough energy and time to devise game tactics. :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote:
:lol: :lol: Bros, this your Afrikaman talks dey funny o. Have you considered stand-up comedy? :D

I hear you Ohsee. I root for the USA, Croatia, and Nigeria. But no way are these teams strong enough to win a WC. Even for some slight tweaks.

The margins are not large. But the differences in those margins are the most difficult to attain and close. Some people trivialize even how hard it is to get an entire squad at peak strength, endurance, and psychological strength. Never mind coaching, talent, tactics, and depth.

As we briefly discussed before this WC, only a handful of teams really ever stood a reasonable chance of winning. I think after the smoke of the quarterfinals closes, we'll unfortunately be proven correct...again.

Cheers, Mate
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
txj wrote:A tight, controlled and tactically detailed game, in which nobody wanted to open up, take risks and push the envelope.

Germany had the lead and the onus was on the French to chase the game.

Deschamps would only gamble so much, as has always been his nature.

Was he valid to do this? Depends on your point of view...

Its the aspect of the European game I've never agreed with...

I understand why coaches drop players in favor of team unity. But its still a failure of management.

Argentina sweated to beat the Swiss, in a game a Carlos Tevez coming from the bench would've blown open!

Today the French needed Nasri.

Instead all Deschamps could do was bring in Geroud and Remy...

Deschamps was overly cautious, he did same versus Nigeria. I noted that during the game. It's same issue he had at Marseille. I think if he opened up, he'd have been in trouble, the Germans have the sort of players who know how to use space, forget their lack of pace, they let the ball work.

I wouldn't put this on the absence of Nasri. More the absence of Ribery. Nasri is notorious for disappearing too and when you add his bad spirit, not worth it.

Even with what he had, he could have been tactically more daring. He clammed up today big time.

Yes and Ribery too of course. But that was enforced. Nasri's was a choice...

Nasri is a quality player
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

smartbrother wrote:
oloye wrote:Knew they were sissies...
what does that make nigerua
Gamers, who did not bring their own referee to the match as the French obviously did when
we played them.
I know you have a soft spot for any team playing against Keshi's, but this France today played
like there were gelded. Though Naija lost but we did not stink the place up like the Frenchies
did today.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The germans are too strong for most teams, i can see them go all the way
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
txj wrote:A tight, controlled and tactically detailed game, in which nobody wanted to open up, take risks and push the envelope.

I understand why coaches drop players in favor of team unity. But its still a failure of management.

Argentina sweated to beat the Swiss, in a game a Carlos Tevez coming from the bench would've blown open!

Deschamps was overly cautious, he did same versus Nigeria. I noted that during the game. It's same issue he had at Marseille. I think if he opened up, he'd have been in trouble, the Germans have the sort of players who know how to use space, forget their lack of pace, they let the ball work.

I wouldn't put this on the absence of Nasri. More the absence of Ribery. Nasri is notorious for disappearing too and when you add his bad spirit, not worth it.

Even with what he had, he could have been tactically more daring. He clammed up today big time.
Not really; the Nigeria game was very open...

But yes u are right, if he opened up he would've played right into German hands. That's what they were waiting for!!!

Its a narrow line to walk, but had options to thread the middle and could've pushed the game a little earlier...

I thought the Remy sub was wasted.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:

Yes and Ribery too of course. But that was enforced. Nasri's was a choice...

Nasri is a quality player
No doubt chief, i agree about his undoubted quality. The issue I have with Nasri is throughout the qualifiers and the games he participated in for les bleus, Nasri tends to go as France goes instead of france going as he goes if you get my meaning.

When the chips are down with the french and they play like they did today, nasri almost always failed to inspire and when the french were purring and going smooth, he'd show up and have blinders. They say Ozil doesn't carry teams but at least he will play incisive passes and create clear openings no matter how bad a game he has, Nasri just goes missing.

He would have offered them more tactical variety though as i think only valbuena can play across the midfield and drift like he can but still they had enough ammo to be more forceful and impactful today, Deschamps just bottled it up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

joao wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
just happy they are out

winning the world cup may have been beyond our reach but the Qfinals and semifinals certainly weren't.
Keshi squandered through greed a great opportunity to make history
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:It took Germany 13mins to find the back of the net against France. I bet France wished they had Tim Howard to make the save?! The same Germany that huffed and puffed against the United States won with ease against France.

Likewise, the Belgians were willing to huff and puff against the US and get the win, leveraging their skill in the process. France in contrast never committed themselves against Germany the same way and couldn't use their talented players.

DeChamps conceded the initiative to Germany. He played the game that the Germans wanted to play. And that's just incredibly deficient.

He did a great job up to now. France has restored itself from the debacle of 2010. But man did they lay down and die today, without...sorry, I have to say it...any resistance. Just like in WWII, if any French were resisting, they sure were few!

:veryangry:

Cheers, Mate
Forget the 'long grammer' :mrgreen: ...........the Germans ALWAYS win the french at the WC.
Just like any poor Italian side will ALWAYS defeat Germany at most tournaments.
It is all about a country's footballing 'culture'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo