FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FRANCE VS GERMANY (0-1) [FT] Hummels

Post by anikulapo »

Kaiii I can't wait for this game :thumbs: if this lives up to the ensemble on display them we are in for a cracking game :thumbs:

Lineups coming
Last edited by anikulapo on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FRANCE VS GERMANY (PRE-GAME)

Post by mate »

I'm thinking France now. It's going to be decided in midfield. Germany will commit more men in the middle, with France having more of a true strike force. But I think the French midfield is qualitative enough to use Benzema and Griesmann up front to punish a German defense that lacks a bit of pace.

I'm also hoping for a 1982 type classic...but with a red card waiting if somebody pulls a Schumacher!

:veryangry:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mate wrote:I'm thinking France now. It's going to be decided in midfield. Germany will commit more men in the middle, with France having more of a true strike force. But I think the French midfield is qualitative enough to use Benzema and Griesmann up front to punish a German defense that lacks a bit of pace.

I'm also hoping for a 1982 type classic...but with a red card waiting if somebody pulls a Schumacher!

:veryangry:

Cheers, Mate

Ahhhhh the famous Battison - Schumacher game ..... what a shootout that was ... we will be blessed if we get an encounter half as good as that one.

Funny the Frenchies had their chance for revenge in '86 and choked again :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Aniks, I'll always believe France could and should have won 1982. As good as Italy was, I believe France was even better. Platini was at his peak, just as good as Zidane, whom later ironically led France to glory playing the same role.

In those days, you were allowed to basically kill a player. Schumacher literally attempted to do it. No card. No penalty. Changed the game utterly.

That French team had Six, Rocheteau, Platini, Tigana, Amoros, Genghini, Giresse, and Tresor. Absolutely world class. I think they've would have even taken out Zico and co.

Today France won't have a midfield talisman. But I think Valbuena and Pogba will combine to provide enough leadership and creativity. Their is enough talent to respond and produce goals. This seems like a fine French team. They're every bit as fit and strong as the Germans.

Germany? Once again, they're a whole greater than the sum of the parts. But I don't see a part that can generate lightening. I've been saying all WC that once they meet a really strong team, this might prove their undoing. They struggled against a decent but not spectacular Algeria, with nobody able to break the game until very late...which came as a result of collectively wearing down Algeria...which I don't believe can be done against France.

Don't get me wrong. I'd say this is 50:50...but I bet France will prevail.

2 great teams. 2 great rivals. This one should be a battle. Whoever meets them in the semifinals is going to have a real task.

Cheers, Mate
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

Rooting for france
Naija4lyfe
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Kai!!!

Look at the French lineup!

Lloris - Evra, Sakho, Varane, Debuchy - Cabaye, Matuidi, Pogba - Griezmann, Benzema, Valbuena.

Apparently DeChamps knows what he's doing.

But then again, look at Germany!

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes - Schweinsteiger, Khedira - Müller, Kroos, Özil - Klose

Lowe has it right as well!

Who has the edge? Who has the deeper bench? Who will make the better subs?

My gut tells me Khedira will be the weak spot in the middle.

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mate wrote:Aniks, I'll always believe France could and should have won 1982. As good as Italy was, I believe France was even better. Platini was at his peak, just as good as Zidane, whom later ironically led France to glory playing the same role.

In those days, you were allowed to basically kill a player. Schumacher literally attempted to do it. No card. No penalty. Changed the game utterly.

That French team had Six, Rocheteau, Platini, Tigana, Amoros, Genghini, Giresse, and Tresor. Absolutely world class. I think they've would have even taken out Zico and co.

Today France won't have a midfield talisman. But I think Valbuena and Pogba will combine to provide enough leadership and creativity. Their is enough talent to respond and produce goals. This seems like a fine French team. They're every bit as fit and strong as the Germans.

Germany? Once again, they're a whole greater than the sum of the parts. But I don't see a part that can generate lightening. I've been saying all WC that once they meet a really strong team, this might prove their undoing. They struggled against a decent but not spectacular Algeria, with nobody able to break the game until very late...which came as a result of collectively wearing down Algeria...which I don't believe can be done against France.

Don't get me wrong. I'd say this is 50:50...but I bet France will prevail.

2 great teams. 2 great rivals. This one should be a battle. Whoever meets them in the semifinals is going to have a real task.

Cheers, Mate

France was my dark horse pick to win it all, but they are definitely flawed. I watched the Nigerian game in the company of a French family and they were trembling with fear as the game wore on and until the injury to Onazi they were mediocre at best.

Fortunately for them, they do have Pogba who is a game changer and with Valbuena pulling the strings they are more than capable of magic at any moment.

Germany is a total head scratcher. They are primarily using four center backs as fullbacks and Muller and Lahm in the middle. And without Reus, they lack a definite striker despite the exploits and effort of Muller. They just havent been cohesive and ruthless as the Germany we are used to. Who knows, maybe today might be that day

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Still looking for the lineups but all i can confirm is that Neuer and Toto's useless goalie will be in net for both teams :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Aniks, you're my man, but I have to disagree. France won their games fairly clinically. No doubt they got fortunate not getting a red card against Nigeria, but overall they still are a very fluent, tactical, skilled, and creative side. They seem to be the complete package.

I have 2 question marks for them:

1) How good is the goalie?

2) Can Valbuena and Pogba or some leader really rise to provide the direction that most French teams seem to need?

As the game approaches...I have to confess something: ALLEZ L'ÉQUIPE TRICOLOR!!!

BTW: I was born in Paris, France and lived there 2 years...so I have some loyalties here.

:thumbs: :woot: :thumb:

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Some of my German and French pals think both coaches realize Evra is key. The Germans aim to attack & exploit his side, whist the French will reinforce him there.

It'll be a panzer assault...but this is no Maginot Line!

:)

Cheers, Mate
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

France: Lloris; Debuchy, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Cabaye, Matuidi, Pogba; Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann.

Germany: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Actually, I have a point of correction on Germany. It's not Khedira, but Ozil I suspect. Sammy will play as he always does. Ozil could go missing.

In a game like this, every man must play a useful role.

I don't think Germany can afford to have Ozil fail yet again offensively, as he doesn't seem to bring anything defensively.

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mate wrote:Aniks, you're my man, but I have to disagree. France won their games fairly clinically. No doubt they got fortunate not getting a red card against Nigeria, but overall they still are a very fluent, tactical, skilled, and creative side. They seem to be the complete package.

I have 2 question marks for them:

1) How good is the goalie?

2) Can Valbuena and Pogba or some leader really rise to provide the direction that most French teams seem to need?

As the game approaches...I have to confess something: ALLEZ L'ÉQUIPE TRICOLOR!!!

BTW: I was born in Paris, France and lived there 2 years...so I have some loyalties here.

Cheers, Mate

Mate,

They were pants in their last two games. Ecuador totally held them at bay and until they took out Onazi they were equally toothless against Nigeria :idea:

Now all we are doing is speculating, because at the end of the day, it all comes down to the efforts of the players on the field. Both teams are pretty well stocked with talent. It all depends who wants it more today.

And I will be closely watching a certain bug eyed twerp for the Deutschlanders :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: to see if he will go AWOL in another big game :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mate wrote:Actually, I have a point of correction on Germany. It's not Khedira, but Ozil I suspect. Sammy will play as he always does. Ozil could go missing.

In a game like this, every man must play a useful role.

I don't think Germany can afford to have Ozil fail yet again offensively, as he doesn't seem to bring anything defensively.

Cheers, Mate
Lol when did you become a mind reader :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Aniks, it's all too clear. Ozil is a bust. In all my football circles, including CE, everyone knows he's a farce.

He was supposed to be a magic man for Germany. He couldn't cut it at Real. Mourinho had it right when he criticized such a young player for a lack of 90 minute fitness, never mind a weak psychology.

I don't know why Germany gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mate wrote:Aniks, it's all too clear. Ozil is a bust. In all my football circles, including CE, everyone knows he's a farce.

He was supposed to be a magic man for Germany. He couldn't cut it at Real. Mourinho had it right when he criticized such a young player for a lack of 90 minute fitness, never mind a weak psychology.

I don't know why Germany gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Cheers, Mate
Shhhhh, dont say this too loud, you might offend a certain Lique I watching CE expert who gets very stimulated whenever the subject concerns the Bug Eyed One :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii them don bench BFG? Is it true he was sick or performance related :shock:

And Lahm don go back to Fullback because of Griezmann?

Klose starting?

MLK.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Good thing for Germany is that Metsacher(sp) is on the bench, he is just damn to slow. I do not know whether to support the Africans/French or the Germans. I am leaning Germany because of all the rough play, the French inflicted on Nigeria, I think it was premedited.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote: BTW: I was born in Paris, France and lived there 2 years...so I have some loyalties here.

Cheers, Mate
:D :D :D
mate, make sinequanon catch you. :taunt: :taunt: :D
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

It seems like FIFA again imposed their stupid kit rules.

Countries can't wear their kits like they used to. Something about contrasts.

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote:
mate wrote: BTW: I was born in Paris, France and lived there 2 years...so I have some loyalties here.

Cheers, Mate
:D :D :D
mate, make sinequanon catch you. :taunt: :taunt: :D

Let him chew on that for a while. I'm sure he'll have a response!

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Aniks, you might as well make this the game thread.

Cheers, Mate
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

This should be a barnstormer. Germany have gone for pure balance to match the French who've done same.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”