Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26511
Coach wrote:
Costa Rica have gone further than Nigeria ever has with possibly one of the weakest squads in the tournament. J.L.Pinto, arguably one of, if not the, best manager at the tournament. Splendid.


KPOM!

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm 
Offline
Suspended Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 pm
Posts: 8123
Thank you Los Ticos, what a ride it was!

And in the end, this song fits Los Ticos so perfectly. Truly, are they wrong?


_________________
YUJAM wrote:
I've been wearing my Egypt avatar with pride

YUJAM the pharaoh
amafolas wrote:
are you sure it is People Destroying People and not Politicians Destroying People

"So long as I need to ask you once Lord Snow; are you a brother of Night's Watch or a *kindperson* boy who wants to play at war!?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12396
Coach wrote:
Costa Rica have gone further than Nigeria ever has with possibly one of the weakest squads in the tournament. J.L.Pinto, arguably one of, if not the, best manager at the tournament. Splendid.

Native!!!!!!!!!!

_________________

"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2016
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26511
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:
Costa Rica have gone further than Nigeria ever has with possibly one of the weakest squads in the tournament. J.L.Pinto, arguably one of, if not the, best manager at the tournament. Splendid.


KPOM!



That high line of theirs, was the best I ever saw...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40518
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
kolinzo wrote:
Costa Rica lost to a better team. I didn't think they could win this game anyway, but they exceeded expectation. They showed the power of CONCACAF! They showed the fighting spirit and were disciplined all through. They held their held high, as they should. CONCACAF is just one tough region!!

Now it's time for Argentina to end play for the third place match.



:clap: :clap: :clap: True...

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 48555
Location: USA
Kaiii what a blockbuster semi final match up .... without Di Maria and Aguero I can't see how Argentina can make it ... even though Brazil will be sans THEIR SKIPPO and Neymar, they have the heartbeat of a whole nation so we go see...

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40116
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Details....

Tactical details...

No stone left unturned...


Took you long enough... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :P


:rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 1851
Location: Canada
Okey Emordi made similar substitution in African Champios a League Final with a Tunisian team I can't remember their name at the moment...he replaced Enyeama with Aiyenugba at the end of extra time and the rest they say is history... I will forever respect that Coach for that bold and and tactical sub.

_________________
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40116
dhoney wrote:
Okey Emordi made similar substitution in African Champios a League Final with a Tunisian team I can't remember their name at the moment...he replaced Enyeama with Aiyenugba at the end of extra time and the rest they say is history... I will forever respect that Coach for that bold and and tactical sub.



:curse: why una dey reveal this expo nah.. i was waiting for one of the natives to highlight this "unprecedented" move by LVG :lol:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40518
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
SylverEagles wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Coaching Matters :idea: Mugus take note


For 120+ minutes... multiple bars.
OK. oooo

Anyway, it is still a tie.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:






Ps., I agree...If Pinto had the Dutch squad, he would have won the WC... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Cellular why is it so hard to acknowledge that coaching matters? You simply can't say that Keshi's coaching won the ANC 2013 but didn't lose the World Cup? So it is coaching when he wins but the players when he loses. You're just doing the exact same thing so called Keshi haters do, just the opposite argument!


Bros, this game more than anything shows that coaching matters...

Pinto played to his strengths... and his players were all focused on issues pertaining to the game not the side show that is the African football...

Van Gaal with a better squad found the going tough... tried multiple tactical changes and it ended up being the lottery that is PK shootouts. Had it been Naijaria, it will be due to our coach not being tactical astute...

Sometimes you lose to a better team despite your best efforts.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 1851
Location: Canada
anointed wrote:
Have u ever heard of the Kruel Strategy?

Netherlands 0 Costa Rica 0 aet (4-3 pens)

Just remember that Kadiri Ikhana introduced and brought the Kruel Strategy to football with Enyimba FC of Aba circa 2003



Was it ikhana or Emordi?

_________________
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 8960
Mad props to Costa Rica for all the heart they showed in this tournament. They went up against the likes of Uruguay, Italy, England and the Netherlands without conceding a goal from open play against any one of them. They went undefeated against them. One of the better WC Cinderella stories of all time. Many including myself expected them to lose all 3 of their WC matches yet they were inches away from playing in the WC semi-finals. It goes to show you how important player effort and coaching is.

Despite winning Holland looked like losers today. Van Gaal for all his genius failed to influence the match. Holland had all the tools in place to dissect a vastly inferior opponent yet LVG had his team playing the same brand of football from start to finish. Very disappointing performance and very perplexing coaching display by LVG. As for the Dutch players, Robben was contained very well by CR, Sneijder had his best match of the tournament while van Persie was awful. That Memphis guy was completely useless. LVG will have to go back to the drawing board before the Argentina match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 48632
Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Coaching Matters :idea: Mugus take note


For 120+ minutes... multiple bars.
OK. oooo

Anyway, it is still a tie.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:






Ps., I agree...If Pinto had the Dutch squad, he would have won the WC... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Spin master. What did Moyes do with Man Utd? Bpra Milutinovic managed Costa Rica in 1990 to the 2nd rd of the WC but when he handled a more star studded Nigeria in 1998, he lost 4-1 to Denmark just like his Costa Rica lost 4-1 to Czechoslovakia in 1990?

I know you think Keshi will also qualify Netherlands for the semi final had been in charge of Oranje.

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:06 am 
Offline
Suspended Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 pm
Posts: 8123
HOLLAND is a province in the Netherlands, it is NOT the Netherlands, PLS.

_________________
YUJAM wrote:
I've been wearing my Egypt avatar with pride

YUJAM the pharaoh
amafolas wrote:
are you sure it is People Destroying People and not Politicians Destroying People

"So long as I need to ask you once Lord Snow; are you a brother of Night's Watch or a *kindperson* boy who wants to play at war!?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Stamford brigde... Off Fulham RD...
damn.. there are coaches out there with an unhealthy attention to detail.. Kudos to LVG and his team.. The Krul move paid dividends.. Krul is a big lad with a long reach.. dude guessed right on every single PK.. And the Dutch Pks were well placed.. bottom corner where the smaller CR GK could hardly reach or they put some height to it..

Better team won but CR should be very proud of their WC performance.. Topped their group consisting of England, Italy and Uruguay and took dutch to PKs.. well done..

Argentina vs. Holland should be fun... Without Di Maria/Aguerro, i give the dutch the edge... they have more difference makers.. Just need to keep forcing Messi to drop deep to pick up the ball.

_________________
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......


64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:07 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40518
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Coach wrote:
Costa Rica have gone further than Nigeria ever has with possibly one of the weakest squads in the tournament. J.L.Pinto, arguably one of, if not the, best manager at the tournament. Splendid.

Native!!!!!!!!!!


Maybe we should have been concerned with what leagues their players play in... what teams they play for... if government officials are trying to steal their money... if tactical help should be provided for him since he never coached in Europe...

Or the constant yapping of 160+ million coaches where most who NEVER played nor have coached at any level criticizing your tactics...

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Stamford brigde... Off Fulham RD...
Heliopolis wrote:
Mad props to Costa Rica for all the heart they showed in this tournament. They went up against the likes of Uruguay, Italy, England and the Netherlands without conceding a goal from open play against any one of them. They went undefeated against them. One of the better WC Cinderella stories of all time. Many including myself expected them to lose all 3 of their WC matches yet they were inches away from playing in the WC semi-finals. It goes to show you how important player effort and coaching is.

Despite winning Holland looked like losers today. Van Gaal for all his genius failed to influence the match. Holland had all the tools in place to dissect a vastly inferior opponent yet LVG had his team playing the same brand of football from start to finish. Very disappointing performance and very perplexing coaching display by LVG. As for the Dutch players, Robben was contained very well by CR, Sneijder had his best match of the tournament while van Persie was awful. That Memphis guy was completely useless. LVG will have to go back to the drawing board before the Argentina match.


haba Helio.. you are being unfair in your assessment of the dutch.. Yes they started slow but they created more then enough chances to kill of that game.. GK made solid svaes and you had the bar that helped out too..
Only issue with dutch is outside of Robben, sneijder/RVP must be on their game for the dutch to get a result.. vs. Argie - robben and messi somewhat cancel out.. Question now is who steps up b/w higuain, rvp, sneidjer, lavezzi to help out their respective teams..

_________________
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......


64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40518
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
anointed wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Coaching Matters :idea: Mugus take note


For 120+ minutes... multiple bars.
OK. oooo

Anyway, it is still a tie.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:






Ps., I agree...If Pinto had the Dutch squad, he would have won the WC... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Spin master. What did Moyes do with Man Utd? Bpra Milutinovic managed Costa Rica in 1990 to the 2nd rd of the WC but when he handled a more star studded Nigeria in 1998, he lost 4-1 to Denmark just like his Costa Rica lost 4-1 to Czechoslovakia in 1990?

I know you think Keshi will also qualify Netherlands for the semi final had been in charge of Oranje.


Oga, we will never know...

But we do have our own Pintos in Naijaria...

It is only football that Naijarians think they are no qualified Naijarian capable of handling the business...

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 43326
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Coach wrote:
Costa Rica have gone further than Nigeria ever has with possibly one of the weakest squads in the tournament. J.L.Pinto, arguably one of, if not the, best manager at the tournament. Splendid.

Native!!!!!!!!!!


Maybe we should have been concerned with what leagues their players play in... what teams they play for... if government officials are trying to steal their money... if tactical help should be provided for him since he never coached in Europe...

Or the constant yapping of 160+ million coaches where most who NEVER played nor have coached at any level criticizing your tactics...


A bunch of them okay in Scandinavia while others play in their local league

Campbell and Navas play in La Liga. Ruiz in England

They have one in the MLS too

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 26109
Costa Rica will be this World Cup's talking point, they have epitomised the gains that can be made by the ordinary through greater emphasis on tactic and strategy. Has there been a more organised outfit at this tournament than Little Costa Rica? Acknowledging their obvious comparative disadvantages, rather tthan follow trends and revel in its deleterious effect, they embraced an approach that concealed their weaknesses whilst complimenting their strengths. A truly marvellous achievement. How far Africa is behind the others grows all the more concerning. Our continent's contribution, mutiny, disarray, in-fighting collaged with magnificent flashes of brilliance, the tragedied love story. Far short of the fairytale. What a shame. A crying shame.


Last edited by Coach on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 22357
Location: Ikeja
Coach wrote:
Costa Rica have gone further than Nigeria ever has with possibly one of the weakest squads in the tournament. J.L.Pinto, arguably one of, if not the, best manager at the tournament. Splendid.

No let fatpokey hear this o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 8960
analyzer wrote:
damn.. there are coaches out there with an unhealthy attention to detail.. Kudos to LVG and his team.. The Krul move paid dividends.. Krul is a big lad with a long reach.. dude guessed right on every single PK.. And the Dutch Pks were well placed.. bottom corner where the smaller CR GK could hardly reach or they put some height to it..

Better team won but CR should be very proud of their WC performance.. Topped their group consisting of England, Italy and Uruguay and took dutch to PKs.. well done..

Argentina vs. Holland should be fun... Without Di Maria/Aguerro, i give the dutch the edge... they have more difference makers.. Just need to keep forcing Messi to drop deep to pick up the ball.


I agree that missing Di Maria/Aguero will be huge but the De Jong injury has disturbed Holland's cohesion. LVG does not know what his best line-up is yet. Judging by what we've seen from these teams, it looks like first to score will win the match...so if Argentina can score first and then park the bus like CR today then the Dutch are in trouble. Before seeing Holland play today I rated their chances of beating Argentina at 80%. Now after seeing them play and realizing they too are not infallible, I am gonna say their match vs Argentina will be a coin flip.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 22357
Location: Ikeja
Ekorian wrote:
WAITING FOR LVG TO TURN FELLAINI AFRO INTO ROBBEN'S BALDNESS OVERNIGHT!


Nope!!!! He already told Afroman to take a hike

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group