NETHERLANDS 0 COSTA RICA 0 aet (4-3 pens)...Kruel Strategy

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: NETHERLANDS 0 COSTA RICA 0

Post by juventuss »

This costa rican team is solid. Look at how they move as a unit and defend.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

van Persie needs to wake up. He has squandered too many chances.....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

HT
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

all the attacking play in the 1st round has been abandones. rubbish, boring games a plenty since! :boo:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Van Gaal needs to switch it up. Playing 5-2-3 is not working. First you dont need 5 guys with defensive responsibilities vs Costa Rica. Second, there is no midfield build-up and no link between defence and attack. Then you have Memphis who is redundant. Then you have Kuyt providing the width limiting Robben's ability to make his wide runs from the right before cutting in. Holland either needs to sub Memphis for a CM and allow Sneijder to play the point, or move one of the defenders into the centre of the pitch. Holland will easily win this match (Costa Rica could not even manage a single shot in the first half) but van Gaal needs to stop experimenting so deep into the tournament.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote:The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate

Not sure what u are talking about. This is how CRC play

The only difference here is they are not managing the phases of the game they have possession very well.

By far the best half of football in the q/finals

They are missing their top CM/DM I forget his name now...

The Dutch are favorites allright, but I have all the time for this CRC team and some...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

mate wrote:The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

Cheers, Mate
The Dutch have had periods where they only had 2 guys sitting back with 8 players in advanced positions. Costa Rica is sitting back making it tough for Holland to break through. Only one team has come out looking to play - Holland.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

This is how Costa Rica plays. They hit you on the break. Holland need to draw them out. Robben is faster than any of their players and the high line will get them.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Heliopolis wrote:Van Gaal needs to switch it up. Playing 5-2-3 is not working. First you dont need 5 guys with defensive responsibilities vs Costa Rica. Second, there is no midfield build-up and no link between defence and attack. Then you have Memphis who is redundant. Then you have Kuyt providing the width limiting Robben's ability to make his wide runs from the right before cutting in. Holland either needs to sub Memphis for a CM and allow Sneijder to play the point, or move one of the defenders into the centre of the pitch. Holland will easily win this match (Costa Rica could not even manage a single shot in the first half) but van Gaal needs to stop experimenting so deep into the tournament.
3-5-2

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Heliopolis wrote:

Cheers, Mate
The Dutch have had periods where they only had 2 guys sitting back with 8 players in advanced positions. Costa Rica is sitting back making it tough for Holland to break through. Only one team has come out looking to play - Holland.
Exactly! I don't get all these accolades for CR. Only Holland is playing.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

TXJ, they committed a lot more offensively when they won the ball in their past matches. They're hardly attempting to go forward today. A lot of long balls too. It's just not the same taking of risk.

I saw Costa Rica gave Uruguay and Italy a lot more offense.

And with the Dutch showing a lot of respect, it's not an exciting game.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cheers, Mate
You want the Dutch to stop doing what got them here...by taking shots but you want Costa Rican not to abandon what got them here...whatever it is that got them here anyway? Ain't that speaking from both sides of the mouth?

That said, the Dutch have got good shots on goal already but Navas has been a sublime stopper while the Ticos have defended just like they have always done. Their game is built on good defensive organization but they also attack together though their attacks have been limited cos they are not playing against push overs.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

txj wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Van Gaal needs to switch it up. Playing 5-2-3 is not working. First you dont need 5 guys with defensive responsibilities vs Costa Rica. Second, there is no midfield build-up and no link between defence and attack. Then you have Memphis who is redundant. Then you have Kuyt providing the width limiting Robben's ability to make his wide runs from the right before cutting in. Holland either needs to sub Memphis for a CM and allow Sneijder to play the point, or move one of the defenders into the centre of the pitch. Holland will easily win this match (Costa Rica could not even manage a single shot in the first half) but van Gaal needs to stop experimenting so deep into the tournament.
3-5-2
Yes I know...it's the same thing.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

joplass wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

Cheers, Mate

SMH

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

CR's goalie has amazing reflexes

One has to admire the tactical abilities if the Dutch though. For me they are awesome. The way they execute that three msn defensive line is a marvel to watch
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:
joplass wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

Cheers, Mate

SMH
sometimes man :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

A fk alright but a dive as well
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

See training ground routine....stuff a West African nation was never known for
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

NED is living dangerously because CRC is growing in confidence...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

CR please don't open yash ooh.Do some people like film trick
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

How did Robben control that ball ?

FORZA JUVE
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

one of the best defensive performances I've seen at this WC..just awesome to watch.

and they almost nick something...
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"