Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:44 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
This costa rican team is solid. Look at how they move as a unit and defend.

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 20660
Location: NORTH AMERICA
van Persie needs to wake up. He has squandered too many chances.....

_________________
I keep paraphrasing David Frum in Trumpocracy: if conservatives can't win elections democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
HT

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Posts: 10976
all the attacking play in the 1st round has been abandones. rubbish, boring games a plenty since! :boo:

_________________
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9236
Van Gaal needs to switch it up. Playing 5-2-3 is not working. First you dont need 5 guys with defensive responsibilities vs Costa Rica. Second, there is no midfield build-up and no link between defence and attack. Then you have Memphis who is redundant. Then you have Kuyt providing the width limiting Robben's ability to make his wide runs from the right before cutting in. Holland either needs to sub Memphis for a CM and allow Sneijder to play the point, or move one of the defenders into the centre of the pitch. Holland will easily win this match (Costa Rica could not even manage a single shot in the first half) but van Gaal needs to stop experimenting so deep into the tournament.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28568
mate wrote:
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate



Not sure what u are talking about. This is how CRC play

The only difference here is they are not managing the phases of the game they have possession very well.

By far the best half of football in the q/finals

They are missing their top CM/DM I forget his name now...

The Dutch are favorites allright, but I have all the time for this CRC team and some...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9236
mate wrote:
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate


The Dutch have had periods where they only had 2 guys sitting back with 8 players in advanced positions. Costa Rica is sitting back making it tough for Holland to break through. Only one team has come out looking to play - Holland.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
This is how Costa Rica plays. They hit you on the break. Holland need to draw them out. Robben is faster than any of their players and the high line will get them.

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28568
Heliopolis wrote:
Van Gaal needs to switch it up. Playing 5-2-3 is not working. First you dont need 5 guys with defensive responsibilities vs Costa Rica. Second, there is no midfield build-up and no link between defence and attack. Then you have Memphis who is redundant. Then you have Kuyt providing the width limiting Robben's ability to make his wide runs from the right before cutting in. Holland either needs to sub Memphis for a CM and allow Sneijder to play the point, or move one of the defenders into the centre of the pitch. Holland will easily win this match (Costa Rica could not even manage a single shot in the first half) but van Gaal needs to stop experimenting so deep into the tournament.


3-5-2

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 6665
Heliopolis wrote:
mate wrote:
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate


The Dutch have had periods where they only had 2 guys sitting back with 8 players in advanced positions. Costa Rica is sitting back making it tough for Holland to break through. Only one team has come out looking to play - Holland.

Exactly! I don't get all these accolades for CR. Only Holland is playing.

_________________
"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
TXJ, they committed a lot more offensively when they won the ball in their past matches. They're hardly attempting to go forward today. A lot of long balls too. It's just not the same taking of risk.

I saw Costa Rica gave Uruguay and Italy a lot more offense.

And with the Dutch showing a lot of respect, it's not an exciting game.

Cheers, Mate

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
mate wrote:
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate


You want the Dutch to stop doing what got them here...by taking shots but you want Costa Rican not to abandon what got them here...whatever it is that got them here anyway? Ain't that speaking from both sides of the mouth?

That said, the Dutch have got good shots on goal already but Navas has been a sublime stopper while the Ticos have defended just like they have always done. Their game is built on good defensive organization but they also attack together though their attacks have been limited cos they are not playing against push overs.

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9236
txj wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
Van Gaal needs to switch it up. Playing 5-2-3 is not working. First you dont need 5 guys with defensive responsibilities vs Costa Rica. Second, there is no midfield build-up and no link between defence and attack. Then you have Memphis who is redundant. Then you have Kuyt providing the width limiting Robben's ability to make his wide runs from the right before cutting in. Holland either needs to sub Memphis for a CM and allow Sneijder to play the point, or move one of the defenders into the centre of the pitch. Holland will easily win this match (Costa Rica could not even manage a single shot in the first half) but van Gaal needs to stop experimenting so deep into the tournament.


3-5-2


Yes I know...it's the same thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28568
joplass wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
mate wrote:
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate


The Dutch have had periods where they only had 2 guys sitting back with 8 players in advanced positions. Costa Rica is sitting back making it tough for Holland to break through. Only one team has come out looking to play - Holland.

Exactly! I don't get all these accolades for CR. Only Holland is playing.



SMH

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44029
CR's goalie has amazing reflexes

One has to admire the tactical abilities if the Dutch though. For me they are awesome. The way they execute that three msn defensive line is a marvel to watch

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
txj wrote:
joplass wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
mate wrote:
The Dutch are gutless. They think they need to have the perfectly safe opportunity to take a shot. They prefer security over ambition. So far they've not shown enough individual quality on the chances they did have.

I get that you have to take care, as Costa Rica can break. But this is playing right into how Costa Rica wants the game to go.

On the other hand, Costa Rica has decided to go catenaccio. They too are abandoning what got them here.

Cheers, Mate


The Dutch have had periods where they only had 2 guys sitting back with 8 players in advanced positions. Costa Rica is sitting back making it tough for Holland to break through. Only one team has come out looking to play - Holland.

Exactly! I don't get all these accolades for CR. Only Holland is playing.



SMH


sometimes man :rotf:

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
A fk alright but a dive as well

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
See training ground routine....stuff a West African nation was never known for

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 20660
Location: NORTH AMERICA
NED is living dangerously because CRC is growing in confidence...

_________________
I keep paraphrasing David Frum in Trumpocracy: if conservatives can't win elections democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34256
CR please don't open yash ooh.Do some people like film trick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:17 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 40254
How did Robben control that ball ?

_________________
Ayton Senna wrote:
On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna




FORZA JUVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 am
Posts: 3542
Location: khumusalaba
one of the best defensive performances I've seen at this WC..just awesome to watch.

and they almost nick something...

_________________
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group