[1st SF]BRA 1 V GER 7{Muller ,Klose,Kroos x2, Khed,Schu}(FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [1st SF]BRA 1 V GER 7{Muller ,Klose,Kroos x2, Khed,Schu}

Post by wanaj0 »

Well, Scolari failed to build on the success of the Confederation cup. That shows how clueless he was. He ignored the best players like Kaka and filled the teams with junks like David Luiz. He is so tactically inept. Losing 7-1 at home is worse than Zaire! :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:People will analyse and over analyse this result, but the only person who did not see this coming is Scolari who believed he can kick his way into the finals. They were going to lose to Germany whicever you look at it, they were always going to lose to the first team with tactical discipline to weather their gra gra and ounish them heavily for their madness and carelessnes which they mistake for passion. You guys take time to look at all the goals, it had nothing to do with all the over elaboration going on here, it took 5 minutes for me to tell me kids Brasil were going lose, the minute Luiz started trying to play suoerman I saw trouble. Even Ghana and the Algerians showed more discipline than these brasilians. Up front they played dumb it was embarassing, Bernard never got going, when he did it was as a result of the shock, he got going alright but no end product. Without your pillars I wonder why Scolari felt he could gamble against Germany, i mean he must believe so much in his players. How was Fred getting a shirt...he contributed nothing. Tonite they carried 5 passengers a scandalous offence.. against Germany it was going to be severely punished.
Same Brazil that was crowned the best thing since slice bread after the Confederation cup?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brazil, deservedly, walked onto the big left and uppercut combo they've been avoiding through favouritism and nil else from the get go. Chile should've sent them packing and certainly would have but for such errant bias in the officiating that saw them reduce their tenacity and squander energy pointing out the obvious at the cost of their concentration. Colombia was another hanging on in there job, two individual moments interspersed by long stretches of rope-a-doping, clutching, holding, tangling arms and running down the clock.

...Today, FIFA's star spangled, fabulously robed Apollo Creed danced into the ring with all the pazzaz of a Pauli Malignaggi, a magic man of no wand or rabbit up the sleeve. Choreographed tears and emotive embraces during national anthems were mere Hollywood moments, deliberate, scripted and absolutely inconsequential. For all the falsified passion and paper-selling purpose, "for Neymar", when the time to touch gloves with Ivan Drago came, they raised a fist made of candy floss and expected favours for sentiments sake. Clobbered, not least because they're a sorry excuse for a Brazilian team, nor because of a significant gulf in class, but because their Eurocentric approach revealed itself as an imitation, cheap and as tacky as the three legged horse being straddled by a drunk jockey on a Rolf Lawrence Polo shirt. Brazil had no business being in the semi-finals and confirmed their irrelevance with a display of unparalleled cowardice and capitulation that shames and disgraces the competitiveness of the contest. Pathetic. Absolutely.

...Good riddance to bad rubbish.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:People will analyse and over analyse this result, but the only person who did not see this coming is Scolari who believed he can kick his way into the finals. They were going to lose to Germany whicever you look at it, they were always going to lose to the first team with tactical discipline to weather their gra gra and ounish them heavily for their madness and carelessnes which they mistake for passion. You guys take time to look at all the goals, it had nothing to do with all the over elaboration going on here, it took 5 minutes for me to tell me kids Brasil were going lose, the minute Luiz started trying to play suoerman I saw trouble. Even Ghana and the Algerians showed more discipline than these brasilians. Up front they played dumb it was embarassing, Bernard never got going, when he did it was as a result of the shock, he got going alright but no end product. Without your pillars I wonder why Scolari felt he could gamble against Germany, i mean he must believe so much in his players. How was Fred getting a shirt...he contributed nothing. Tonite they carried 5 passengers a scandalous offence.. against Germany it was going to be severely punished.
Same Brazil that was crowned the best thing since slice bread after the Confederation cup?
...federation cup was over a year ago, many water don pass under bridge. Keshi better than this man, as he easily caved in to his bereft players. Hulk is one of the worse.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

He needs to watch Vicent Enyeama's tapes on how to keep your team in the game... :D May be some caching lessons for Dida.. :D
mcal wrote:
asabatex wrote:Brazilian Goalie Julio Ceasar is completely useless. He is the main reason why Brazil.
...how is he useless when you have target shooters right in front of you shooting away. Even the great USA Tim Howard may not be able to stop all that onslaught.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The excellent Michael Cox sums it up.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... toni-kroos
Sometimes, huge thrashings paint an artificial picture of a team’s dominance there was nothing to mitigate this Brazilian capitulation no caveats, no excuses, no disclaimers.

Scorelines of 7-1 happen so infrequently in modern football that it’s difficult to find any comparisons, but if there was ever a “true” 7-1, this was it. This will become one of the most famous thrashings in the history of football, partly because of the unprecedented nature of the scoreline at such a stage of the World Cup, but also because the result entirely reflected the gulf in class between the sides.

Brazil were 5-0 down within half an hour, but their first warning came after just five minutes. The initial problem was in their left-back zone, where Marcelo abandoned the steady, reserved role he had previously played throughout this competition. Instead, he pushed forward to become a rampaging, attack-minded wing-back, with holding midfielder Luiz Gustavo, accustomed to dropping back into the defence, theoretically covering.

The plan failed immediately. Thomas Müller sprinted past Marcelo into oceans of space as Miroslav Klose received the ball with his back to goal, but Klose did not spot the run, and therefore didn’t play the pass. Muller screamed at him, furious he had been denied a golden opportunity in the opening stages of what seemed likely to be a tight, tense game. He should not have bothered – he had plenty more chances over the course of these staggering 90 minutes.

Brazil, and Marcelo in particular, did not learn their lesson. Five minutes later, Marcelo received a short backwards pass from Hulk deep inside the opposition half, and attempted peculiar, stepover-cum-pass, which conceded possession unnecessarily. Sami Khedira and Toni Kroos broke down the right, and Marcelo raced back to tackle, conceding a corner (which resulted in Müller’s opener). The Brazil left-back raised his hands to his team-mates, apologising for his mistake. Twenty minutes later, Brazil were 5-0 down and he needed to apologise for so much more.

Everything came from his left-back zone. The second goal started with Müller and Philipp Lahm combining on Germany’s right flank, and ended with Müller drifting inside, outwitting Marcelo and teeing up Klose. The third arrived once Mesut Özil drifted across to join the party, with Lahm squaring for Kroos – the right-back would later do the same for the sixth goal, scored by substitute André Schürrle. In fairness, Marcelo lacked any kind of support from ahead, this Brazil side ludicrously broken with no defensive support from the attackers, but his individual display was extraordinarily poor, with David Luiz not too much better.

As impressive as Germany’s counter-attacking was the way they proactively and confidently nullified Brazil’s passing. Their high defensive line, in combination with Manuel Neuer’s aggressive sweeping, had been brilliantly effective but slightly risky in the narrow 2-1 extra-time victory over Algeria in the second round. But it was perfect for playing against Fred, a slow, sluggish striker who did not offer an out-ball. He simply offered nothing, Brazil were unable to relieve the pressure, and Germany kept on coming.

In turn, Germany’s midfield could push up and press Brazil: Toni Kroos got tight to Fernandinho, Khedira shut down Luiz Gustavo. The fourth goal was a perfect example, with Kroos dispossessing Fernandinho, playing a one-two with Khedira, and converting into an empty net. Khedira hit the fifth, finding himself through on goal almost by accident, as Germany’s task had become so simple.

Brazil’s only attacking approach was David Luiz thumping huge diagonal balls, bypassing the midfield zone where his team-mates were being humiliated. Oscar did not know how to position himself, first trying to sneak in behind Bastian Schweinsteiger but later realising he was required in much deeper areas.

Before the game, this seemed a clash of styles. Brazil are an extremely physical, aggressive side who progressed from the quarter-final stage by cynically kicking Colombia’s talented No10 James Rodríguez out of the game. Germany, on the other hand, are technical, skilful, creative and patient. The tactical battle was surely about which side could put their stamp upon the contest.

But that dichotomy does not do justice to this German side. They are a hybrid: technically impressive but physically imposing too, and the combination of their neat counter-attacking and their exhausting pressing meant they completely overwhelmed the hosts. Germany were better technically, physically, tactically and, perhaps more than anything else, psychologically. Brazil cracked at an early stage, perhaps feeling the pressure and, increasingly, the embarrassment.

If one man summed up the German performance it was Kroos, the archetypal all-round midfielder. He’s a brilliantly inventive playmaker , capable of spreading neat passes out to the flanks and playing precise penetrative passes. But he is not a slight, slender 5’7 lightweight, he is a 6’0, incredibly powerful heavyweight. He was up for the battle, then showed off his skills.

“Kroos is a wonderful player,” said no less an authority than Johan Cruyff earlier this week. “He’s doing everything right: the pace in his passes is great and he sees everything. It’s nearly perfect.” That description sums up Germany’s performance, down to the “nearly”, only the late concession of Oscar’s goal prevented this from being absolutely, 100% perfect.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Platinum, I liked the write up, particularly in describing Germany as a complete team. They seem to have no weaknesses. Only relative strengths.

Still, I wish they had that 1 outstanding player.

I know I'll get attacked for saying this, but they've yet to face a formidable tier 1 team. France wasn't it. Brazil clearly wasn't.

They might need a Mateus, Breitner, Rumminegge, or Netzer when they face Argentina or Holland.

Maybe Germany is enough of a strong collective outfit to still win? Perhaps. I can't tell.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:Platinum, I liked the write up, particularly in describing Germany as a complete team. They seem to have no weaknesses. Only relative strengths.

I know I'll get attacked for saying this, but they've yet to face a formidable tier 1 team. France wasn't it. Brazil clearly wasn't.

They might need a Mateus, Breitner, Rumminegge, or Netzer when they face Argentina or Holland.

Maybe Germany is enough of a strong collective outfit to still win? Perhaps. I can't tell.

Cheers, Mate

This tournament hasn't really had any exceptional teams. It's not like the Brazil of 02 or the Spanish of 10 or arguably france of 98...sides who forced you to play according to the rhythm, this has been largely even but the really good sides like Germany are the ones who've been able to make opponents PAY. If the french are not tier 1 then this tourney has no tier 1 sides because argentina and holland are sides with marked flaws just like the Germans have their weaknesses despite today's win. They're complete in a sense but they can be had as the african sides showed. When faced with sides who can exploit their weaknesses, those weaknesses appear large and clear

I think you may overestimate slightly what the Dutch and Argentines are or have to offer. Lets see who comes out first but they're not super sides, Germany doesnt need a master libero to handle those two.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

metalalloy wrote:
analyzer wrote:Image

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

People are acting as if its Brazil's birthright to produce world class players and win the WC every year. What excuses do we have for Brazil's drought between 1974-1994? Europe taking the 'samba' away from their best players? Euro-centric approach? A lot of the Brazil players that recently came to Europe at a young age were not exceptional to begin with. Neymar has been shrined and crowned not because he is truly exceptional but because Brazil fans were desperately seeking someone to fill the gap left by the likes of Ronaldo, Romario, etc etc.

For comparison's sake, Ronaldo as a teenager was lighting it up for PSV and Barcelona.

Ronaldinho came to Europe at the age of 20 and within 2 years was scooped up by Barca.

Kaka joined Milan at 21 and helped them win everything under the sun.

At Neymar's current age, Romario was dominating the Dutch league.

Europe is not hurting Brazilian talent, or South American talent for that matter, it's just that the Brazilian talent simply is not there. All the best South American players ply their trade in Europe and yet for 2 consecutive WCs in a row, South America has seen 5 teams advance to the KO-stage. James Rodriguez, Luis Suarez, Alexis Sanchez, etc etc all moved to Europe as teens. Did Europe destroy them? The world's best player today and arguably the tournament's most valuable player moved to Europe at the age of 12. Did they destroy him as well? Brazil needs to look internally and figure out how to once again churn out world-class talent. Blaming Europe is a convenient excuse that fails to consider all the success Brazil had in the recent past when their best players went to Europe at the same ages of the Neymars, Oscars, Paulinhos, of today.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

mate wrote:Platinum, I liked the write up, particularly in describing Germany as a complete team. They seem to have no weaknesses. Only relative strengths.

Cheers, Mate
Beg to disagree with you.

Ozil is a passenger on this team, everyone else seems to make the right decision almost every time, especially Mueller. Ozil is doing for Germany what Mikel did for Nigeria in this World Cup.

Germany faced a Ghana team that had them on the rack for a while. At 2-1, you knew Germany would somehow equalize even if Ghana scored to make it 3-1 first.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brazil fast became about everything but the game. One recalls eulogy over the passionate, patriotic, proud performance of the national anthem vs Spain, there was an air of David vs Goliath, each line a solid stone added placed within the catapult. Since then their rendition has become less purposely and more play, a show to the galleries. Interlocking arms, enforced grimaces, emotional lability, all of aboslute insignificance, choreographed and thoroughly pointless. Brazil were reckless, void of any sense of self, direction, decisiveness, just a bunch of lads egged on by their scripted bromances and falsified unitarianism, one Brazil, one team, one smouldering lump of bowel matter. Absolute nonsense. Brazil were not a team, rather a collection of exaggerated abilities, painted with all the world's Maybellines and inveigled into believing their yellow strip was missing a cape and pair of spandex tights. No Neymar had not lit up the world cup, James Rodriguez, Arjen Robben, Thomas Muller had sparkled brighter than his exaggerated glow. But, alas, in the home of football, desperation saw fit to elevate an -inho to the stars and constellations.

Reality, as promised, revealed itself to Brazil. Blonde-haired, boll*cks. Having scraped through on contentious scorecards, the should be whipping boys were Franz Botha'd. Battered.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

This is the outcome of globalisation, where players all over the world gather in Europe because they pay the most bucks...
What I saw last night was not Brazil football, but 11 Brazilians who play European type football.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Gooner1 wrote:This is the outcome of globalisation, where players all over the world gather in Europe because they pay the most bucks...
What I saw last night was not Brazil football, but 11 Brazilians who play European type football.
I watched a few brazilian games. They were not inspiring thisnyear. I think other countries are catching up fast. Cant imagine Brazil losing like this in the 80s.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gooner1 wrote:This is the outcome of globalisation, where players all over the world gather in Europe because they pay the most bucks...
Dont insult Europeans , they dont play that rubbish football like you claim. Even Stoke is not that disjointed, what you saw were 11 Brasilians suffering from identity crisis. From 1994 to 2006, Brasil have been parading players who plied their trade in Europe, all these talk about European influence is hogwash. Since 1990 they have brought in european influence into their game, especially in the area of discipline and speed. It won them the cup in 94, a final in 98 and another cup in 2002 so it has been a success.

What has transpired has been lack of innovation to take their game to the next level and the bizzare decisions of a coach still drunk on the successes of the Confed cup and as a result refused to smell a bad coffee put in front of him. Yes Fred did ok in the Confed cup, but that he is picking a shirt regularly has nothing to do with European influence...that is simply bad management of a resources from a lazy coach.

The only excuse that can be given would be that their non-participation in the qualifiers delayed the setting off of the time bomb.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

oloye wrote:
Dont insult Europeans , they dont play that rubbish football like you claim. Even Stoke is not that disjointed, what you saw were 11 Brasilians suffering from identity crisis. From 1994 to 2006, Brasil have been parading players who plied their trade in Europe, all these talk about European influence is hogwash. Since 1990 they have brought in european influence into their game, especially in the area of discipline and speed. It won them the cup in 94, a final in 98 and another cup in 2002 so it has been a success.

What has transpired has been lack of innovation to take their game to the next level and the bizzare decisions of a coach still drunk on the successes of the Confed cup and as a result refused to smell a bad coffee put in front of him. Yes Fred did ok in the Confed cup, but that he is picking a shirt regularly has nothing to do with European influence...that is simply bad management of a resources from a lazy coach.

The only excuse that can be given would be that their non-participation in the qualifiers delayed the setting off of the time bomb.
:agree:

More like African football with no discipline or tactical awareness for the majority of the 90 mins. And then Joachim Löw making an issue of their rough play and diving at the pre match interview, The Germans didn't even give the ref much excuses to award any dangerous set pieces to Brazil.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guv007 wrote:
oloye wrote:

More like African football with no discipline or tactical awareness for the majority of the 90 mins.
Utter laziness on the part of a coach who thought that home support and emotion was all he needed to cross the line. The only time this team tried to play anything like a tactically aware team was against Croatia...please dont mention Cameroon, that was not match, Cameroon did not come to play in this WC, all the teams rolled them over, when Cameroon balled for about 10 minutes they scored against Brasil.

This team lacked discipline and were bereft of any tactical display, i mean Hulk was rubbish , Fred was rubbish , to my amazement the two kept on making the team right from the start, not even a tactical switch nada..if that is not laziness , i dont know what to call it. Rewind the clock to 1994, Brasil came to the world cup with their captain Rai..in the first game he did not measure up..he was dropped and that was the last time anyone heard of Rai. Geez this particular misfits should not be called Selecao or whatever name it is they call their national team...they have destroyed a legacy spanning almost a century, destroyed their national pride and identity.

The only moral lesson to take away from this, is that yes Karma slapped them richly for wasting scarce resources in a country where many are going without food to host a jamboree. I hope their economy would still be in tact when they host the Olympics, tragedies like this have far and wide implications not only on the football arena , but it also goes on to affect the whole psyche of the country, inflicting such deep wounds that would traumatise the whole nation for a long time. I wish them speedy recovery.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Aswani wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Beg to disagree with you.

Ozil is a passenger on this team, everyone else seems to make the right decision almost every time, especially Mueller. Ozil is doing for Germany what Mikel did for Nigeria in this World Cup.

Germany faced a Ghana team that had them on the rack for a while. At 2-1, you knew Germany would somehow equalize even if Ghana scored to make it 3-1 first.

Open your eyes when you watch the game. Before yesterday he'd created the most chances of any German. Yesterday, he was as instrumental as any other German in destroying Brazil, Kroos & Khedira were the most prominent but the whole German attack was on another plane, if you saw Ozil being in passenger in that game, you might as well pick up ice hockey because footie is flying fast over you.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
oloye wrote:

More like African football with no discipline or tactical awareness for the majority of the 90 mins.
Utter laziness on the part of a coach who thought that home support and emotion was all he needed to cross the line. The only time this team tried to play anything like a tactically aware team was against Croatia...please dont mention Cameroon, that was not match, Cameroon did not come to play in this WC, all the teams rolled them over, when Cameroon balled for about 10 minutes they scored against Brasil.

This team lacked discipline and were bereft of any tactical display, i mean Hulk was rubbish , Fred was rubbish , to my amazement the two kept on making the team right from the start, not even a tactical switch nada..if that is not laziness , i dont know what to call it. Rewind the clock to 1994, Brasil came to the world cup with their captain Rai..in the first game he did not measure up..he was dropped and that was the last time anyone heard of Rai. Geez this particular misfits should not be called Selecao or whatever name it is they call their national team...they have destroyed a legacy spanning almost a century, destroyed their national pride and identity.

The only moral lesson to take away from this, is that yes Karma slapped them richly for wasting scarce resources in a country where many are going without food to host a jamboree. I hope their economy would still be in tact when they host the Olympics, tragedies like this have far and wide implications not only on the football arena , but it also goes on to affect the whole psyche of the country, inflicting such deep wounds that would traumatise the whole nation for a long time. I wish them speedy recovery.

I don't want to get too much into it.

*sits down and grabs a big cold odeku.

The blame is going to Brazil's creative guys but why????? Was it their fault that Marcelo decided to show why Mourinho would bench him for serious games at Madrid? Was it their fault that David Luiz decided to show why Mourinho chopped off psg's hand for that money they offered?

Marcelo and David Luiz (especially Marcelo) made mistakes that are treasonable offenses, zero discipline, zero sense, zero anything.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
oloye wrote:

The blame is going to Brazil's creative guys but why????? Was it their fault that Marcelo decided to show why Mourinho would bench him for serious games at Madrid? Was it their fault that David Luiz decided to show why Mourinho chopped off psg's hand for that money they offered?

Marcelo and David Luiz (especially Marcelo) made mistakes that are treasonable offenses, zero discipline, zero sense, zero anything.
Creative guys????...what creative guys, did you see any creativity in this Brasil team. The only one who looked creative was Neymar, he was expected to create his own chances and then run into space to finish off the chances he created, that was how bad they were in that department.

These were Alapatas (butchers) from the Amazon jungle assembled by Scolari to play jungle football. The reason why the likes of Marcelo and Luiz suddenly tried to become creative player by abadoning their primary duty, is because they had none in the first place. The most limited player i have ever seen in the shirts of Brasil is the guy called Gustavo, they said Dunga was limited, compared to Gustavo Dunga was a geniuse in his day, he had a number of assist even from his DM position. The funny thing was that when they came back in the second half they had 3 quick chances which they could not take...shows how bad they were.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
oloye wrote:

Creative guys????...what creative guys, did you see any creativity in this Brasil team. The only one who looked creative was Neymar, he was expected to create his own chances and then run into space to finish off the chances he created, that was how bad they were in that department.

These were Alapatas (butchers) from the Amazon jungle assembled by Scolari to play jungle football. The reason why the likes of Marcelo and Luiz suddenly tried to become creative player by abadoning their primary duty, is because they had none in the first place. The most limited player i have ever seen in the shirts of Brasil is the guy called Gustavo, they said Dunga was limited, compared to Gustavo Dunga was a geniuse in his day, he had a number of assist even from his DM position. The funny thing was that when they came back in the second half they had 3 quick chances which they could not take...shows how bad they were.
This!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Coach wrote:Brazil, deservedly, walked onto the big left and uppercut combo they've been avoiding through favouritism and nil else from the get go. Chile should've sent them packing and certainly would have but for such errant bias in the officiating that saw them reduce their tenacity and squander energy pointing out the obvious at the cost of their concentration. Colombia was another hanging on in there job, two individual moments interspersed by long stretches of rope-a-doping, clutching, holding, tangling arms and running down the clock.

...Today, FIFA's star spangled, fabulously robed Apollo Creed danced into the ring with all the pazzaz of a Pauli Malignaggi, a magic man of no wand or rabbit up the sleeve. Choreographed tears and emotive embraces during national anthems were mere Hollywood moments, deliberate, scripted and absolutely inconsequential. For all the falsified passion and paper-selling purpose, "for Neymar", when the time to touch gloves with Ivan Drago came, they raised a fist made of candy floss and expected favours for sentiments sake. Clobbered, not least because they're a sorry excuse for a Brazilian team, nor because of a significant gulf in class, but because their Eurocentric approach revealed itself as an imitation, cheap and as tacky as the three legged horse being straddled by a drunk jockey on a Rolf Lawrence Polo shirt. Brazil had no business being in the semi-finals and confirmed their irrelevance with a display of unparalleled cowardice and capitulation that shames and disgraces the competitiveness of the contest. Pathetic. Absolutely.

...Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Still coming to grips with the beat down. Can't believe a team coached by both Scolari and Parreira could be this bad...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

oloye wrote:...what you saw were 11 Brasilians suffering from identity crisis.
I agree.
From 1994 to 2006, Brasil have been parading players who plied their trade in Europe, all these talk about European influence is hogwash. Since 1990 they have brought in european influence into their game, especially in the area of discipline and speed. It won them the cup in 94, a final in 98 and another cup in 2002 so it has been a success.
It has really picked up, with players going earlier and in even greater number. Plus the game has evolved. Sure, Brazilians are part of this, being in Europe. Bottom line: Brazilians don't play in blocs as do Spaniards, Germans, and Italians, & the Dutch, whom are on the cusp of 3 WCs in a row, 2 off of the European continent...with the current one in fortress South America.

It's the investment in academies, leagues, CL, sports science, and NT program management that is favoring the Europeans. Especially in keeping players concentrated on domestic teams. I still feel this is the ultimate margin of difference.

It's a lot of other proximate causes. You noted some of them. But to lose 7 - 1? As stated, the US, Ghana, and Algeria did much better. I don't believe that Brazil is that bad.

As you said, it ultimately comes down to identity crisis. They're not good enough. They didn't know how to handle it and catastrophically imploded, especially after losing 2 linchpin players.

I'm still stunned. In terms of football, which is a big part of my life, I will remember this game forever.

:shock:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?