Brazil is crying

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: Brazil is crying

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Coach wrote:Perfect, how ironic it would be for Messi to lead Argentina to the Maracana, the home of Brazilian football. Dont cry for me Argentina and...they won't. That said, Holland should clobber another piss poor South American side that has staggered through to the semis. As for tonight, splendid. The bigoted Brazilopeans bludgeoned. Brilliant. Cry and when finished, cry some more.
:clap:
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I also cried for inside when NAija lost and African teams were falling like flies, so make dem cry well well.
-Simpli fy -
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I hope Scholari is tried for treason for this humiliation. Look at all the useless stiffs he took to the WC. Hulk, Fred, Oscar, Fernandinho, Ramires, Gustavo etc, Not one player with flair, guile and skill aside from Neymar. shame!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Whether Brazil is crying or not, at the end of the day, its still going to be .......

......... Arsenal for life ! :D

......... Naija for Eternity ! 8-)

......... USA for Today ! :P
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:I hope Scholari is tried for treason for this humiliation. Look at all the useless stiffs he took to the WC. Hulk, Fred, Oscar, Fernandinho, Ramires, Gustavo etc, Not one player with flair, guile and skill aside from Neymar. shame!
It must be too much dropology. :?
That's the only explanation.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:I also cried for inside when NAija lost and African teams were falling like flies, so make dem cry well well.
kpom, the only sympathy they deserve is the poor watching money from booming economy wasted in hosting both world cup and olympics..
There was no cheating involved ... they got spanked fair and square! Its not like anyone sympathises with African nations and the uphill battle
we have.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Toxicarrow wrote:I hear you....But that's the game of soccer....sometimes you laugh and celebrate....sometimes you cry and mourn.
It's what makes soccer the world's greatest game.
The human drama played out both on and off the pitch is pure magic.
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

Somebody check on YemiBrazil ... :mad: it is during time like these you need your people around you oh!
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:Somebody check on YemiBrazil ... :mad: it is during time like these you need your people around you oh!
Expect reports of a number of suicides in Brazil in the next few days. I can't imagine the anguish. Ordinary 1-0 SE loss dey pain person so for Brazilian, this one na die...
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

Damunk wrote:
Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:Somebody check on YemiBrazil ... :mad: it is during time like these you need your people around you oh!
Expect reports of a number of suicides in Brazil in the next few days. I can't imagine the anguish. Ordinary 1-0 SE loss dey pain person so for Brazilian, this one na die...

My first thought this morning as I woke up " Thank you Lord, and thanks again for not making me Brazilian" ... Just imagine the pain of waking up to this right now for those 200 million people.

I mourned the Elephants exit for 3-4 days, because I expected a least a second round showing. You expect the trophy and them Germans come in your house and undress you in front of woman and child and proceed to ehh you know the rest.

kai Brazil!! smh
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My first thought this morning as I woke up " Thank you Lord, and thanks again for not making me Brazilian" ... Just imagine the pain of waking up to this right now for those 200 million people.

I mourned the Elephants exit for 3-4 days, because I expected a least a second round showing. You expect the trophy and them Germans come in your house and undress you in front of woman and child and proceed to ehh you know the rest.

kai Brazil!! smh
At least, so far, so good. No reported suicides or deaths of unconcerned wives being thrown out the window by distressed husbands as has happened in the past.

But the real question is: WHY AND HOW DOES FOOTBALL DO THIS TO US? WHY DO WE GET SO EMOTIONALLY CAUGHT UP IN IT?

Image Image
ImageImage Image Image

I GET IT, BUT THEN AGAIN, I DON'T QUITE GET IT.
:idea:

:biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:Perfect, how ironic it would be for Messi to lead Argentina to the Maracana, the home of Brazilian football. Dont cry for me Argentina and...they won't. That said, Holland should clobber another piss poor South American side that has staggered through to the semis. As for tonight, splendid. The bigoted Brazilopeans bludgeoned. Brilliant. Cry and when finished, cry some more.
Coach,
How can you call the Brazilians "bigoted" while seeming to show love for the Argies who live next door to at least three multiracial countries, yet do not have a single black player on any of their soccer teams? Worse, I did not see a single black face in the hordes of fans wearing the striped blue jersey at Porto Alegre--I was told there were at least 40,000 fans in the stadium, many having driven over the border. Worst of all, one Argie chant allegedly goes: "[Brazilians] are all black, they're all [sexual deviants], everybody knows Brazil is in mourning." ("Son todos negros, son todos p?!X!, todo el mundo sabe que Brasil está de luto") source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/showmeyourclea ... r-language
If the Argies win on Sunday, it is proof that the gods of soccer do not know the meaning of justice.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Damunk wrote:But the real question is: WHY AND HOW DOES FOOTBALL DO THIS TO US? WHY DO WE GET SO EMOTIONALLY CAUGHT UP IN IT?
Because it's fun. It's fantasy. It's pleasurable. It sometimes gives us a reason to be proud, to be part of a tribe, nation, group, or team.

I basically take a sabbatical every 4 years for the world cup. It's an emotional roller coaster. For 1 month I have my secret world of football, where I'm out there on the pitch...running, dribbling, huffing, and puffing...experiencing the thrill of victory and, unfortunately all too often, the agony of defeat.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'd rather have such experiences than never be emotionally invested at all.

It's kinda like experiencing love and rejection versus never having risked love.

Of course, once the WC ends, I don't let it get to me.

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

BRAZIL IS CRYING INDEED. PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO OF A FAN:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=668418476598763
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mate wrote:
Damunk wrote:But the real question is: WHY AND HOW DOES FOOTBALL DO THIS TO US? WHY DO WE GET SO EMOTIONALLY CAUGHT UP IN IT?
Because it's fun. It's fantasy. It's pleasurable. It sometimes gives us a reason to be proud, to be part of a tribe, nation, group, or team.

I basically take a sabbatical every 4 years for the world cup. It's an emotional roller coaster. For 1 month I have my secret world of football, where I'm out there on the pitch...running, dribbling, huffing, and puffing...experiencing the thrill of victory and, unfortunately all too often, the agony of defeat.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'd rather have such experiences than never be emotionally invested at all. It's kinda like experiencing love and rejection versus never having risked love..

Of course, once the WC ends, I don't let it get to me.

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
Kpom.
I've long believed that following the SE was like being in love with an unfaithful wife.
She'd do her 'runs' and break your heart and then come home briefly to kiss and cuddle you and more. Just when you think its 'all okay now', she's off on her runs again.
But you love her still, painful as it is, hoping that one day she'll come back and be yours forever.

A bit like the girl in Forrest Gump.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

metalalloy wrote:Image

football is a cruel game...
Now this is doing him like film trick!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho