Guardiola majority teams and the past two WCs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Guardiola majority teams and the past two WCs

Post by YUJAM »

Coincidence or something else ?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Guardiola majority teams and the past two WCs

Post by oloye »

YUJAM wrote:Coincidence or something else ?
So what are you trying to tell us, did Bayern not get sushied home and away :tic:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Seriously yujam..get a hold of yourself. This german team is all the ex bayern and current Dortmund coach. Smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Yujam does have a point though.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Not a coincidence. A lot of coaches have learned from what Guardiola did at Barca and we can see it in this world cup and other tournaments. Many CE's don't realize it because some TV pundit in England told them that "tiki-taka is dead" and they are all repeating it without understanding what they are talking about. Take Chile for example: what style did Chile play so successfully at this World Cup if not tiki-taka with high-energy pressing (a la Barcelona of 2008)? But tiki-taka is supposed to be dead...

This is nothing new though: coaches always incorporate some aspects of any idea that is very successful, and the most successful ideas of the past 5-6 years were in Guardiola's Barca and the Spanish national team. If a new system dominates over a period of time, coaches will also borrow from it and we will see it at the next major tournament. That is the way football and styles evolve.

Guardiola himself borrowed the high-intensity pressing from Marcelo Bielsa's teams (Bielsa's Athleitc Bilbao demonstrated this against Manchester United in the UEFA Cup a couple of seasons ago).
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As has been said time over, Guardiola will go down as one of the game's greatest thinkers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid 0-4 2014 Goals & Hig…: [/video]
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid 0-4 2014 Goals & Hig…:
SuperEagles

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bayern were kicking #$% before Guardiola got on the band wagon...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Smh , so they want to give yhe german success to pep :rotf: CE entertainment center
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The YeyeMan wrote:Bayern were kicking #$% before Guardiola got on the band wagon...
Not making a claim either way but one cannot help but wonder. Fact is both teams were dominated by players from teams coached by Pe

FWIW the 2010 team also had Bayern players and they did not win. Ditto for the Euro 2012 team.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

YUJAM wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Bayern were kicking #$% before Guardiola got on the band wagon...
Not making a claim either way but one cannot help but wonder. Fact is both teams were dominated by players from teams coached by Pe

FWIW the 2010 team also had Bayern players and they did not win. Ditto for the Euro 2012 team.
The 2013 season and the CL win was the turning point..
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

before guardiola came one board, germany did make 4 consecutive semis. it was only a matter of time and today they did just that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lager-back wrote:before guardiola came one board, germany did make 4 consecutive semis. it was only a matter of time and today they did just that.
Kpom! Yujam only started taking a note of Germany after pep moved there
SuperEagles

Achuman
Egg
Egg

Post by Achuman »

Vincent. wrote:
Not a coincidence. A lot of coaches have learned from what Guardiola did at Barca and we can see it in this world cup and other tournaments. Many CE's don't realize it because some TV pundit in England told them that "tiki-taka is dead" and they are all repeating it without understanding what they are talking about. Take Chile for example: what style did Chile play so successfully at this World Cup if not tiki-taka with high-energy pressing (a la Barcelona of 2008)? But tiki-taka is supposed to be dead...

This is nothing new though: coaches always incorporate some aspects of any idea that is very successful, and the most successful ideas of the past 5-6 years were in Guardiola's Barca and the Spanish national team. If a new system dominates over a period of time, coaches will also borrow from it and we will see it at the next major tournament. That is the way football and styles evolve.

Guardiola himself borrowed the high-intensity pressing from Marcelo Bielsa's teams (Bielsa's Athleitc Bilbao demonstrated this against Manchester United in the UEFA Cup a couple of seasons ago).
Well said.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

What we saw today was Germany 2012/13 Bayern Munchen. They were direct and wasted no time. They spanked Barca so hard even I started feeling sorry for Barca. This has nothing to do with Pep Guardiola who loves boring football called tiki taka. Titi taka died before he even left Barca. Total Football is what Germany is about. Nobody is interested in that boring tiki taka!!

And did Vincent just claimed Chile played Tiki Taka because they pressed high? Now that's ridiculous. Arsenal press high, Bayern press high, REal Madrid press high, Athletico press high. Common now! What Chile played is very similar to Athletico system. Not even close to Pep Guardiola tiki taka.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Coincidence IMO. Bayern Munich and Germany were already excellent before Guardiola got there last season. Bayern Munich won the treble before Guardiola got there.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Lager-back wrote:before guardiola came one board, germany did make 4 consecutive semis. it was only a matter of time and today they did just that.
:rotf: :rotf:

not too loud.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

When Juninho was interviewed after the match, he said the Germans taught Brazil how the play beautiful football.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

kolinzo wrote:What we saw today was Germany 2012/13 Bayern Munchen. They were direct and wasted no time. They spanked Barca so hard even I started feeling sorry for Barca. This has nothing to do with Pep Guardiola who loves boring football called tiki taka. Titi taka died before he even left Barca. Total Football is what Germany is about. Nobody is interested in that boring tiki taka!!

And did Vincent just claimed Chile played Tiki Taka because they pressed high? Now that's ridiculous. Arsenal press high, Bayern press high, REal Madrid press high, Athletico press high. Common now! What Chile played is very similar to Athletico system. Not even close to Pep Guardiola tiki taka.
Chief, I am going to say it again: a lot of people don't really understand what tiki-taka means. They erroneously believe that it means passing for the sake of passing or just to rack up possession stats.

So my questions to you are these:
1. What is tiki-taka?
2. What are the distinctive aspects of Guardiola's version of tiki-taka, apart from just passing?

What we saw today was Germany 2012/13 Bayern Munchen. They were direct and wasted no time. They spanked Barca so hard even I started feeling sorry for Barca.
Once again, you exposed yourself. The 2012/13 Bayern Munchen was actually playing their own version of tiki-taka - Luis van Gaal's version of tiki-taka and they continued to play it after Van Gaal left. It is obvious that you don't watch the Bundesliga regularly (you guys were busy watching Stoke in the "best league in the world" :D ). Otherwise, you would have realized that Bayern was a tiki-taka team until they faced Barca in the CL, when the coach decided that he was not going to out-play Barcelona in the tiki-taka game and thus decided to play counter-attack. Go and watch some of Bayern's domestic games and come back to me.

Even a quick look at Bayern Munich vs Chelsea in he CL final the year before shows this (that match was a classic version of Chelsea vs Barca a couple of years earlier).
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Vincent. wrote:
kolinzo wrote:What we saw today was Germany 2012/13 Bayern Munchen. They were direct and wasted no time. They spanked Barca so hard even I started feeling sorry for Barca. This has nothing to do with Pep Guardiola who loves boring football called tiki taka. Titi taka died before he even left Barca. Total Football is what Germany is about. Nobody is interested in that boring tiki taka!!

Chief, I am going to say it again: a lot of people don't really understand what tiki-taka means. They erroneously believe that it means passing for the sake of passing or just to rack up possession stats.

So my questions to you are these:
1. What is tiki-taka?
2. What are the distinctive aspects of Guardiola's version of tiki-taka, apart from just passing?

What we saw today was Germany 2012/13 Bayern Munchen. They were direct and wasted no time. They spanked Barca so hard even I started feeling sorry for Barca.
Once again, you exposed yourself. The 2012/13 Bayern Munchen was actually playing their own version of tiki-taka - Luis van Gaal's version of tiki-taka and they continued to play it after Van Gaal left. It is obvious that you don't watch the Bundesliga regularly (you guys were busy watching Stoke in the "best league in the world" :D ). Otherwise, you would have realized that Bayern was a tiki-taka team until they faced Barca in the CL, when the coach decided that he was not going to out-play Barcelona in the tiki-taka game and thus decided to play counter-attack. Go and watch some of Bayern's domestic games and come back to me.

Even a quick look at Bayern Munich vs Chelsea in he CL final the year before shows this (that match was a classic version of Chelsea vs Barca a couple of years earlier).
:agree: Bayern at one time with 71% against Chelsea.They out coach Barca to play counter attack and in German league they play total tiki taka against small teams.Even against Arsenal last season they tikitaka us and when we take the game to them they hit us on counter attack.
But Pep did not do jack i n Bayern team and this German team play different from Pep Bayern
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Coach wrote:As has been said time over, Guardiola will go down as one of the game's greatest thinkers.

Not according to some, according to some he is lucky and tiki-taka is dead. :laugh: :laugh:

Some of the brightest minds in footie admitted they watched his methods and wanted to go watch training sessions with him. The man has left a far more indelible mark coaching than he ever did playing. Great coach.

Reminds me of those Amazonians throwing arrows at fighter jets, so clueless it's pitiful.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

OH LAWDY!! NOT AGAIN!! Bayern and Barcelona were not 2nd tier teams before Josep took over!! HABA!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8