The Reasons Brazil Sucked This World Cup

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
The Reasons Brazil Sucked This World Cup

Post by African Star »

Too many white Brazilians on the team, when did Brazil have a team with names like David, Bernard, Fred, Maxwell, Victor, Danny and Oscar :twisted: :twisted: Those are not the names of Jogo Bonito Samba players :curse: :curse: :curse:

“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
African Star
Egg
Egg
Re: The Reasons Brazil Sucked This World Cup

Post by African Star »

Oloye this is all on Scolari for leaving players like robinho, Kaka and Lucas home. No way can you justify having players like Bernard, hulk and Oscar on the team and not having these other guys and more. They may not have stellar years at their clubs but they always produce the goods for brazil
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

The rest of the world has imprived while Brazil relied on her past glory.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tactically, they were pathetic, made no sense and were rightly battered, albeit long overdue. Maicon for Dani Alves? No additional centreback to compensate for Marcelo and David Luiz? No genuine shape to the midfield? Persistence with an absolute waste of space up top? Scolari was guilty of much more, hopefully his legend has been soiled, sullied, stained irreparably. The fans need to boo him and the camera need focus on his reaction. For only so long can man hide his hurt, he's broken and the fan's deserve the spectacle.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

This has to be one of the most racist thread on this forum. Moderator please act and lock this racist thread. By the way I notice that there were more black and mixed race players in the team and that includes Fred and Hulk
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

realtrouble wrote:This has to be one of the most racist thread on this forum. Moderator please act and lock this racist thread. By the way I notice that there were more black and mixed race players in the team and that includes Fred and Hulk
Well then it's fitting because brazil is on of the most racist nations on earth. And what i have stated has been true since the eras of zico, socrates, careca, they never won.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Yes, clearly this is the issue. Because Jo did so damn well, right?
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Maxwell, Maicon and Dante have all put in some pretty dire performances.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:Tactically, they were pathetic, made no sense and were rightly battered, albeit long overdue. Maicon for Dani Alves? No additional centreback to compensate for Marcelo and David Luiz? No genuine shape to the midfield? Persistence with an absolute waste of space up top? Scolari was guilty of much more, hopefully his legend has been soiled, sullied, stained irreparably. The fans need to boo him and the camera need focus on his reaction. For only so long can man hide his hurt, he's broken and the fan's deserve the spectacle.
diamond formation?

false 9?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

African Star wrote:
realtrouble wrote:This has to be one of the most racist thread on this forum. Moderator please act and lock this racist thread. By the way I notice that there were more black and mixed race players in the team and that includes Fred and Hulk
Well then it's fitting because brazil is on of the most racist nations on earth. And what i have stated has been true since the eras of zico, socrates, careca, they never won.
Fighting racism by being a racist is even worst than a racist. What have you learnt from the like of Mandela?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

What a stupid thread.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

What a retarded thread. If my memory serves me correctly, nearly half of Brazil's 2002 WC winning side was white. Brazil's problem is not lack of blacks; it's lack of talent.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Heliopolis wrote:What a retarded thread. If my memory serves me correctly, nearly half of Brazil's 2002 WC winning side was white. Brazil's problem is not lack of blacks; it's lack of talent.
:agree:
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

If you guys know the history of Brazil and their football you wouldn't be making these statements, this is not the first time Brazil has attemted t whiten the team and if you guys notice this Brazil team is missing Joga Bonito.

The reason why this team is missing Joga Bonito is that several years ago Brazil decided to develop a pay academy system like in the US where players pay to go get developed, obviously this system requires players with money and ultimately all these academy systems pioneered by Zico and other former players were located in affluent neighborhoods, affluence in Brazil is correlated to being white. Then the Brazil youth national teams started focusing their recruiting efforts on these academies as their players were being hyped by the academy directors and they neglected the unstructured favella player base where jogo bonito and samba players reside.

As a result we are now seeing more players from more affluent backgrounds (read white) infiltrating the system and this all started around the time when Europe started paying European transfer fees directly to Brazilian clubs bringing millions of dollars into the trade and making Brazilian players millionaires overnight. And off course this lucrative business had to be taken away from the favellas and that means leaving the jogo bonito players behind as players developed in academies from very young ages tend to be more like European players as you can see in the current Brazzilian team, white players from affluent backgrounds with no jogo bonito in them, when did Brazil start having players with names like Maxwell, Bernard, David, Hernanes, Oscar and Danny?

My unscientific theory is that if your name does not end in O then you cannot be a jogO bonitO players. :D
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

camex wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:What a retarded thread. If my memory serves me correctly, nearly half of Brazil's 2002 WC winning side was white. Brazil's problem is not lack of blacks; it's lack of talent.
:agree:
Bro memory served you wrongly, this is Brazil's Squad in 2002 do you see any Maxwell's or Bernard's on this team, these are Favella names bro, Favella names.

Goalkeepers:

1 Marcos (Palmeiras)
12 Dida (Corinthians)
22Rogério Ceni (Sao Paulo)

Defenders:

2 Cafu (AS Roma)
4 Roque Junior (AC Milan)
3 Lúcio (Bayer Leverkusen)
5 Edmílson (Olympique Lyon)
6 Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid)
13 Belletti (Sao Paulo)
14 Anderson Polga (Grêmio)
16 Junior (Parma)

Midfielders:

7 Ricardinho (Corinthians)
8 Gilberto Silva (Atletico-MG)
10 Rivaldo (Barcelona)
15 Kléberson (Atletico Paranaense)
18 Vampeta (Corinthians)
19 Juninho Paulista (Flamengo da Gama)
23 Kaká (Sao Paulo)

Forwards:

9 Ronaldo (Inter Milan)
11 Ronaldinho (Paris St Germain)
17 Denilson (Real Betis)
20 Edilson (Cruzeiro)
21 Luizao (Grêmio)

Last edited by African Star on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Brazil 1970 winning Squad only Tostao and Felix were white in the starting lineup, the rest were black or mulatto.

1974 Losing Squad

1978 Losing Squad

Brazil 1982 World Cup Losing Squad

Brazil 1994 Winning Squad

Brazil 2002 Winning Squad

2014 calamity squad :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And for good measure, Palace under Ian Holloway, barely a starting berth for Yannick Bolasie. Under the masterful command of Prof Pulis, Bolaise, Puncheon, Thomas, Gabbidon, Mariappa...
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Inetresting
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

African Star

I know you're pulling legs. But this is a silly exercise. All those Brazilians teams look by and large the same for me.

Talent is talent. Nobody has a monopoly on it.

I'll give that Brazil has long featured excellent Black footballers. But the explanatory factors behind such success isn't their race, but rather everything we discuss on CE: opportunity, program management, facilities, sports science, coaching, and sheer luck in producing special players.

Brazil always had a large population pool. Maybe under modernization less kids per 1000 play football, regardless of color? Maybe Brazil hasn't kept up in the evolution of the game?

I've seen all-Black Nigeria crash at WCs. I've seen all-white Croatia crash at WCs. Clearly nobody has a monopoly on making fools of themselves!

:mrgreen:

Stay tuned for the emergence of the US. You'll see a diverse team...and how the aforementioned explanatory factors produce a team greater than the sum of the parts. Ironically, I think the US will emerge to provide another consistent tier 1 Americas team...leveraging all our people.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bad personnel choices too

Miranda and Felipe Luis should have been in the squad
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

In my 5 years on this forum this is EASILY one of the dumbest threads I have had the displeasure of coming across.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Heliopolis wrote:In my 5 years on this forum this is EASILY one of the dumbest threads I have had the displeasure of coming across.
Without reservations, I have to :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

OK guys let's list the best Brazilian players if all times. I will start with a few
1. Pele
2. Garrincha
3. Jairzinho
4.Ronaldinho
5. Roberto Carlos
6. Ze Maria
7. Rivelino
8. Ronaldo
9. Rivaldo
10. Vava
11. Carlos Alberto
12. Romario
13.Didi

who you got?