As I rightly predicted only sub-Saharan Africans are it!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
As I rightly predicted only sub-Saharan Africans are it!

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] If you look at my comments immediately we knew Africa;s five qualifiers, I made it clear that Africa's hopes rest with Senegal and Nigeria
[2] As far I am concerned, Africa only had two representatives in the tournament
[3] These North African Arab nations simply lack the flair, panache and guile to make an impact on the world
[4] They are effectively second division European teams i.e a poor man's imitation of say Germany, Italy, Holland, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, etc. Or to be brutal, a third division version of these teams as they are not as good as second string European teams like Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, etc
[5] Tunisia, Egypt and Morocco have just proven me to be 100% correct
[6] These teams have not even put up a fight. They simply lack the belief and confidence to go for it
[7] At the time, I lamented the fact that Ivory Coast, Ghana and DR Congo let qualification slip through their grasp. I believe they would have done better
[8] If Africa is to ever win the World Cup, it must be done by one of Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, DR Congo, Mali, Guinea or Burkina Faso
[9] We are the only African nations with the cockiness and swagger to confront the onyibo man. These Arabs simply do not have it
[10] Personally, I think that with the expansion of the World Cup to 48 teams, the North Africans should be given their own federation with one or two slots as they keep disgracing our continent. Their constant qualification is denying Africa of genuine representation.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: As I rightly predicted only sub-Saharan Africans are it!

Post by ohenhen1 »

But Algeria did well 4 years ago. They took Germany to ET in the 2nd round. The eventual world champions.

The problem is Ghana allowing Egypt to qualify.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:But Algeria did well 4 years ago. They took Germany to ET in the 2nd round. The eventual world champions.

The problem is Ghana allowing Egypt to qualify.
That is the best an Arab nation can ever do. A true African nation will, however, one day win the tournament.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Nonsense
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Morocco has easily been the best African team at the WC. They've performed the best, yet been extremely unlucky.

Also, Ghana is trash. We're 3-1 against them over the last 4 times we've met and you think they stood a chance of qualifying? Cuper took a weakened 11 to the WC, so it's all on him and he'll right get sacked for it.

Our starting striker at the WC (Marwan Mohsen) has only 2 goals for Ahly since 2016. A 19 year old who signed for them in Jan has more than that and is 10x the striker. Basem Morsi has over 30 goals since 2016. These 2 weren't even on the squad. Our second best winger and best CM are injured and weren't on the squad. With these three starting, it would have been a completely different outcome.

With a new manager, we will be much better again.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This thread is wrong on so many levels. I could imagine my anger if I were to go to a forum and read that Sub Saharan Africa would never advance to the next level of development. One reading this would assume it is due to genetic reasons that this is so. One of your points sheds more light on the tactical reasons which I agree with. The rest are points that I wouldnt agree with.

Nigeria can lose to Argentina in her next game and find herself in the same place as Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia. We have one continent.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Synopsis wrote:Nonsense
+1.......double and triple Nonsense.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kastro11 wrote:Morocco has easily been the best African team at the WC. They've performed the best, yet been extremely unlucky.

Also, Ghana is trash. We're 3-1 against them over the last 4 times we've met and you think they stood a chance of qualifying? Cuper took a weakened 11 to the WC, so it's all on him and he'll right get sacked for it.

Our starting striker at the WC (Marwan Mohsen) has only 2 goals for Ahly since 2016. A 19 year old who signed for them in Jan has more than that and is 10x the striker. Basem Morsi has over 30 goals since 2016. These 2 weren't even on the squad. Our second best winger and best CM are injured and weren't on the squad. With these three starting, it would have been a completely different outcome.

With a new manager, we will be much better again.
But you know that wAyo is a certified 'football-know-nothing'.
He thinks that you will 'know' football by.....................gragra and force. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Cristao II wrote:This thread is wrong on so many levels. I could imagine my anger if I were to go to a forum and read that Sub Saharan Africa would never advance to the next level of development. One reading this would assume it is due to genetic reasons that this is so. One of your points sheds more light on the tactical reasons which I agree with. The rest are points that I wouldnt agree with.

Nigeria can lose to Argentina in her next game and find herself in the same place as Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia. We have one continent.
Yeah it does smack of some bias.. valid points you made.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ayokinfe, I was thinking you had grown mentally.