Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54285
Location: United Kingdom
[1] If you look at my comments immediately we knew Africa;s five qualifiers, I made it clear that Africa's hopes rest with Senegal and Nigeria
[2] As far I am concerned, Africa only had two representatives in the tournament
[3] These North African Arab nations simply lack the flair, panache and guile to make an impact on the world
[4] They are effectively second division European teams i.e a poor man's imitation of say Germany, Italy, Holland, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, etc. Or to be brutal, a third division version of these teams as they are not as good as second string European teams like Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, etc
[5] Tunisia, Egypt and Morocco have just proven me to be 100% correct
[6] These teams have not even put up a fight. They simply lack the belief and confidence to go for it
[7] At the time, I lamented the fact that Ivory Coast, Ghana and DR Congo let qualification slip through their grasp. I believe they would have done better
[8] If Africa is to ever win the World Cup, it must be done by one of Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, DR Congo, Mali, Guinea or Burkina Faso
[9] We are the only African nations with the cockiness and swagger to confront the onyibo man. These Arabs simply do not have it
[10] Personally, I think that with the expansion of the World Cup to 48 teams, the North Africans should be given their own federation with one or two slots as they keep disgracing our continent. Their constant qualification is denying Africa of genuine representation.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56841
But Algeria did well 4 years ago. They took Germany to ET in the 2nd round. The eventual world champions.

The problem is Ghana allowing Egypt to qualify.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54285
Location: United Kingdom
ohenhen1 wrote:
But Algeria did well 4 years ago. They took Germany to ET in the 2nd round. The eventual world champions.

The problem is Ghana allowing Egypt to qualify.


That is the best an Arab nation can ever do. A true African nation will, however, one day win the tournament.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 915
Nonsense


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Posts: 86
Morocco has easily been the best African team at the WC. They've performed the best, yet been extremely unlucky.

Also, Ghana is trash. We're 3-1 against them over the last 4 times we've met and you think they stood a chance of qualifying? Cuper took a weakened 11 to the WC, so it's all on him and he'll right get sacked for it.

Our starting striker at the WC (Marwan Mohsen) has only 2 goals for Ahly since 2016. A 19 year old who signed for them in Jan has more than that and is 10x the striker. Basem Morsi has over 30 goals since 2016. These 2 weren't even on the squad. Our second best winger and best CM are injured and weren't on the squad. With these three starting, it would have been a completely different outcome.

With a new manager, we will be much better again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 29617
This thread is wrong on so many levels. I could imagine my anger if I were to go to a forum and read that Sub Saharan Africa would never advance to the next level of development. One reading this would assume it is due to genetic reasons that this is so. One of your points sheds more light on the tactical reasons which I agree with. The rest are points that I wouldnt agree with.

Nigeria can lose to Argentina in her next game and find herself in the same place as Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia. We have one continent.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 23166
Synopsis wrote:
Nonsense


+1.......double and triple Nonsense.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 23166
kastro11 wrote:
Morocco has easily been the best African team at the WC. They've performed the best, yet been extremely unlucky.

Also, Ghana is trash. We're 3-1 against them over the last 4 times we've met and you think they stood a chance of qualifying? Cuper took a weakened 11 to the WC, so it's all on him and he'll right get sacked for it.

Our starting striker at the WC (Marwan Mohsen) has only 2 goals for Ahly since 2016. A 19 year old who signed for them in Jan has more than that and is 10x the striker. Basem Morsi has over 30 goals since 2016. These 2 weren't even on the squad. Our second best winger and best CM are injured and weren't on the squad. With these three starting, it would have been a completely different outcome.

With a new manager, we will be much better again.


But you know that wAyo is a certified 'football-know-nothing'.
He thinks that you will 'know' football by.....................gragra and force. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:51 am
Posts: 2607
Cristao II wrote:
This thread is wrong on so many levels. I could imagine my anger if I were to go to a forum and read that Sub Saharan Africa would never advance to the next level of development. One reading this would assume it is due to genetic reasons that this is so. One of your points sheds more light on the tactical reasons which I agree with. The rest are points that I wouldnt agree with.

Nigeria can lose to Argentina in her next game and find herself in the same place as Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia. We have one continent.


Yeah it does smack of some bias.. valid points you made.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9067
Ayokinfe, I was thinking you had grown mentally.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group