Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49563
Saw this on Babafad's FB wall and was hoping it would be dispelled here but alas it's true.

Never met him in person but we exchanged messages and he was also a FB friend. Made this place with his coolness, calmness, respectfulness, humanity, well scripted writeups and amazing gift for humour.

I'm gutted. Good night, big man.

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 23250
Location: Ukwuani
mke1010 wrote:
I pray we as CE along with friends close and afar will step up big time and do a befitting tribute.
He has a beloved son, Antoine.
When I have energy I will write a whole lot that’s in my heart. Spoke with him last Tuesday. Said I would see him next week in Owerri. Threatened him not to travel and wait for me. He said, “you know I have health problems so we’ll see if I am still alive.” I laughed out loud as if it were a joke but he was telling me the end was near and I missed the blinking red light!
He would normally request parmesan cheese, and a few other treats that were hard to get at home any time I would go back or my dad would travel.
This time it was like pulling teeth to get him to request anything.
In fact, he didn’t. He said he would get back to me. And he did today.
So heart broken.

Yeah, he saw it. Only him knew what he was saying. He fully knew the time is come.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 34945
Location: Canada
Good God! Horrible, horrible news! We were friends on Facebook; I visit Facebook on rare occasions, and every once in a while, I get an email saying SUYA commented on one of my blog posts. I would go to Facebook and we would exchange banter. He is one of the funniest guys I have ever known.

The last time we communicated on Facebook was in August when his favourite club Bayern Munchen won the Champions League. I promised (in jest) to visit him so we could drink German beer to celebrate since I wanted them to win.

We met in person in Washington DC in 2009 (where I met a number of Washington based CEs, including our presido). At the restaurant where we all gathered, SUYA was just the funniest person present (sorry Ogbuefi, you were close), and he traded barbs with paj all evening, just like they used to on CE.

My God, my God. He was a larger than life personality. Go well Big Guy. I will miss you. RIP, and may God grant his family the grace to bear this great loss with equanimity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:23 am
Posts: 10812
Goshhhhh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We still bantered on FB Last week!!! jeez

_________________
"The greatest weapon anyone can use against us is our mind by preying on the doubts and uncertainties that already lurk there" -Emily Thorne (Rvenge)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:49 am
Posts: 6798
Location: Bora Bora
WOW!!!!

_________________
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40512
Location: Land of the Terrapins
ohsee wrote:
Good God! Horrible, horrible news! We were friends on Facebook; I visit Facebook on rare occasions, and every once in a while, I get an email saying SUYA commented on one of my blog posts. I would go to Facebook and we would exchange banter. He is one of the funniest guys I have ever known.

The last time we communicated on Facebook was in August when his favourite club Bayern Munchen won the Champions League. I promised (in jest) to visit him so we could drink German beer to celebrate since I wanted them to win.

We met in person in Washington DC in 2009 (where I met a number of Washington based CEs, including our presido). At the restaurant where we all gathered, SUYA was just the funniest person present (sorry Ogbuefi, you were close), and he traded barbs with paj all evening, just like they used to on CE.

My God, my God. He was a larger than life personality. Go well Big Guy. I will miss you. RIP, and may God grant his family the grace to bear this great loss with equanimity.


Kaiii met him in DC during one of our ANC games back then too, we would all pack into one African restaurant (DeRanch and a few others also met mr dolly too - cool guy) to watch the games. Such a cool fella, kai this is such sad news!

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 5808
Location: Exile
Gee.

Lost for words.

My first interaction with the Cybereagles forum was in 2002 before the World Cup, when Suya "published" two or three of my essays on the forum, crediting the essays to someone he named "THE FAN". For a while there were even a few people who thought THE FAN was Suya's pseudonym. He convinced me to join the forum (been here since 2002), and later became one of the very few members of the forum I've met in person.

I don't know what to say.

May he Rest In Peace.

_________________
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5621
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Im at a loss for words.

A true pioneer of this forum.

RIP SUYA.

How can we pay tribute to one of the founding members properly?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 40396
Location: Somewhere
The Eagle wrote:
Gee.

Lost for words.

My first interaction with the Cybereagles forum was in 2002 before the World Cup, when Suya "published" two or three of my essays on the forum, crediting the essays to someone he named "THE FAN". For a while there were even a few people who thought THE FAN was Suya's pseudonym. He convinced me to join the forum (been here since 2002), and later became one of the very few members of the forum I've met in person.

I don't know what to say.

May he Rest In Peace.


Amen!

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 40396
Location: Somewhere
maceo4 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Good God! Horrible, horrible news! We were friends on Facebook; I visit Facebook on rare occasions, and every once in a while, I get an email saying SUYA commented on one of my blog posts. I would go to Facebook and we would exchange banter. He is one of the funniest guys I have ever known.

The last time we communicated on Facebook was in August when his favourite club Bayern Munchen won the Champions League. I promised (in jest) to visit him so we could drink German beer to celebrate since I wanted them to win.

We met in person in Washington DC in 2009 (where I met a number of Washington based CEs, including our presido). At the restaurant where we all gathered, SUYA was just the funniest person present (sorry Ogbuefi, you were close), and he traded barbs with paj all evening, just like they used to on CE.

My God, my God. He was a larger than life personality. Go well Big Guy. I will miss you. RIP, and may God grant his family the grace to bear this great loss with equanimity.


Kaiii met him in DC during one of our ANC games back then too, we would all pack into one African restaurant (DeRanch and a few others also met mr dolly too - cool guy) to watch the games. Such a cool fella, kai this is such sad news!


yes....we also met at DeRanch....and stayed close over the years, until he "left" CE. Rest in peace, Big Brother, Gemini Man.

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 6746
Wow. What can one say. Rest in perfect peace my brother. And may God give the family he left behind the strength too bear this loss. Amen. Amen.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 46584
Location: Akoko Highlands
This is terrible news. he still posted on twitter on December 6.

What happened?

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 563
Rest in peace SUYA

May the good Lord comfort his family and loved ones.

_________________
May the Lord God Bless U real Good


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32557
Rest In Peace Suya. Though you've joined the immortals, you'll forever be in our consciousness. They are mourning at the South African Embassy too.

Rest Easy Bro

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:44 pm
Posts: 18420
Pajimoh your post made me break down again.
I had forgotten about his epic trolling of South African embassy.

_________________
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:57 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:18 pm
Posts: 11195
This is sad. I am not on Facebook. Lost touch with him when he moved back to Africa but his sister communicated with me soon after. What a sad loss.
We list too many good people this year. May the good Lord give the family fortitude to bear his sad loss

_________________
"The only thing new in the world is the history you don't know." — Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:35 pm
Posts: 4074
Location: USA
I joined CE reading Suya and PaJ's banters. I remember the Olympics in 2000 - My first year on CE. Reading Suyas post was something I used to look forward to. He and PaJ even released a song. May his soul rest in peace. I met him 2009 when Pa Ohsee came to DC.

_________________
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38414
Location: Eagles' Nest
mke1010 wrote:
Pajimoh your post made me break down again.
I had forgotten about his epic trolling of South African embassy.

Omo those were classics and those were the days. Kai! I can't believe the big man is gone. I was also fortunate to meet Suya several times in DC, Atlanta, and ofcourse in Nigeria as well. Kai it was people like Suya among other CE members that made watching SE games at DeRanch fun back in the days...This is such a devastating news...RIP Suya! :cry:

_________________
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 42396
Location: Transition
Image

This was back in 9ja circa 2012/2013. Such a wonderful block to hangout with. A man mountain but as gentle as you can be. If I remember correctly he was the one who invite us all over to meet up with him.

Rest In Peace Suya. I still cannot digest this news.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 23431
Location: Calif., USA
I'm still in shock. I haven't been here in almost eight years, but was regularly in touch with Suya. I can't believe I won't you see you again. I was supposed to see him in August in Naija until Covid broke out. He would show up at my house, pick me up and we would hang out at the beach all day. We still exchanged texts and posts of FB after Thanksgiving. I was looking forward to some fresh fish at the beach again with pepper and some bebidas alcohólicas. Why? Why? Why? I can't even speak. Rest Well my friend. Such a terrible year.

_________________
Quote:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 42396
Location: Transition
Image

I never once imagined this will be the last picture I will take with him :cry:. Even though I didn't interact much with him I always felt a close connection to him. He was a brother to me.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 4526
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
Prayers for his soul. Best wishes to his family.
His tenure and contributions on CE was quite elevating of the mind and spirit.
RIP

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace SUYA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:37 pm
Posts: 13881
Location: Sandton, SA
This is so heartbreaking, Im wounded by this news...Shocked is an understatement

I pray for his family

_________________
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group