[WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Post by YUJAM »

Agreed. I am not into moral victories but they actually played a solid tactical game. It’s unfortunate it ended that way.

You think Mendy called for that one?
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:10 am
YUJAM wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 am Great analysis

They played respectably abs did not look second best to the Dutch. They weren’t like some of the teams we’ve seen that can’t string two passes together.

They looked solid in all facets except the attack where they clearly miss Sadio.

But certainly a very respectable showing overall.

felarey wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:10 am I thought the defender that let Gapko run across him was the main culprit on the first goal. Was he ball watching, focused on holding the line or both? Letting an attacker run in front of you, closer to the ball in the box is defensive mistake 101. His pocket was picked there. On the second goal, Senegal had committed too many men forward. Can't blame them for going for an equalizer giving the way the game had gone. It was more tactical than Mendy's fault especially when I see Aloui Cisse directing the players play by play.

They may have looked toothless (partially agree) but I'm sure going into the game, a draw was an acceptable result (probably for both teams) when the others in the group are Qatar and Ecuador. So first priority was defensive solidity to not concede. Take your chances but keep the shape. Sarr had the beating of De Ligt who looked uncomfortable all game.

All is not lost, Ecuador has Ener Valencia and 1 or 2 other decent players. I'm sure Koulibaly and his mate will manhandle :D Valencia, no problem. Qatar and Iran have refused to park the bus which sucks for them but a good thing for entertainment. There's still a legit path to 2nd round for Senegal.

Not sure why their mentality is being knocked, if anything, they had loads of it and were very business like, very serious. Made our friendly against Portugal even more of a joke. It's an unfortunate loss, but they can't go wrong eventually if they always play like that. I was proud. Give credit to Gapko and the ball delivery, the 2nd is a breakdown that was perhaps, worth it.
We are tired of respectable showings! we want to win!!!

As for the goal, i believe Mendy called for the ball to be left, as he was coming out to punch the ball.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:10 am
YUJAM wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 am Great analysis

They played respectably abs did not look second best to the Dutch. They weren’t like some of the teams we’ve seen that can’t string two passes together.

They looked solid in all facets except the attack where they clearly miss Sadio.

But certainly a very respectable showing overall.

felarey wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:10 am I thought the defender that let Gapko run across him was the main culprit on the first goal. Was he ball watching, focused on holding the line or both? Letting an attacker run in front of you, closer to the ball in the box is defensive mistake 101. His pocket was picked there. On the second goal, Senegal had committed too many men forward. Can't blame them for going for an equalizer giving the way the game had gone. It was more tactical than Mendy's fault especially when I see Aloui Cisse directing the players play by play.

They may have looked toothless (partially agree) but I'm sure going into the game, a draw was an acceptable result (probably for both teams) when the others in the group are Qatar and Ecuador. So first priority was defensive solidity to not concede. Take your chances but keep the shape. Sarr had the beating of De Ligt who looked uncomfortable all game.

All is not lost, Ecuador has Ener Valencia and 1 or 2 other decent players. I'm sure Koulibaly and his mate will manhandle :D Valencia, no problem. Qatar and Iran have refused to park the bus which sucks for them but a good thing for entertainment. There's still a legit path to 2nd round for Senegal.

Not sure why their mentality is being knocked, if anything, they had loads of it and were very business like, very serious. Made our friendly against Portugal even more of a joke. It's an unfortunate loss, but they can't go wrong eventually if they always play like that. I was proud. Give credit to Gapko and the ball delivery, the 2nd is a breakdown that was perhaps, worth it.
We are tired of respectable showings! we want to win!!!

As for the goal, i believe Mendy called for the ball to be left, as he was coming out to punch the ball.
If true, that then would make it his mistake, but I couldn't tell...and it sure seemed to me that a defender should track and never allow such a situation. Mendy was way too far and late regardless.

Did you hear him call for it on the TV?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:15 am

I think i did. Is that his voice?

To be fair, the defender lost Gakpo before the "call" I heard. But again, we dont know what defensive strategy they are implementing - is it zonal? If it is, we cant blame the defender.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Clearly Mendy should’ve got to that. If he’d stepped off his line a bit more then he would’ve been able to catch it easily. But he’s not the only one that messed up. Notice there are several Senegalese players who failed to put any pressure on De Jong. Gueye is walking, Jackson runs to the far side then walks back. Dieng is in the middle standing around. All these guys are younger than 22 and all came in as subs. Their inexperience showed in how nonchalantly they defended there.
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:12 am

To be fair, the defender lost Gakpo before the "call" I heard. But again, we dont know what defensive strategy they are implementing - is it zonal? If it is, we cant blame the defender.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:12 am

I can't tell from all the noise. I just think it's hard for Mendy to get to that. And that some defender should have tracked back.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?