Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2 FT

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:48 pm I just watched the Saudis deservedly beat Argentina. And skimmed through Denmark vs Tunisia. For me, this reinforces that Islamic teams are motivated in their environment...and you better be prepared.

Argentina can only blame themselves. Why play so tight on offsides in attack when hi-tech now will catch it. Plus they just didn't look very creative and incisive in the last 1/3.

Saudi Arabia lost to Croatia last week in a friendly 1-0. They should have scored 2 and did decent. We scored at will when we brought on the A team late, but avoided hard play and injury. Still, the Saudis showed some serious class.

But this is a warning sign for Croatia with Morocco tomorrow. I'm glad we're seeing these Islamic countries, except Qatar, are not going to be a pushover.
What the ****?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I have to say Saudi Arabia looked good. The were very composed, not nervous, playing their A game...skill, teamwork, neat passion, tactical discipline, especially in tight offsides positions. Fit and athletic too, able to force opportunities that paid off in 2 goals.

:clap:

Again, I THANK Saudi Arabia and Tunisia. Because, BELIEVE ME, alarms are screaming the Croatian camp to take Morocco with the highest respect.

Also as a football fan, I like other teams from other regions emerging. Maybe some countries can break through, inspired by games like this? Once and for all, not as a 1 off...also, let's not forget 2 more games are to be played for Argentina and Saudi Arabia.

Lastly, Argentina is no doubt good...but I thought they were overrated by pundits as WC favorite. Brazil, sure. Messi is way past his best. And it's not saying that much that Argentina is more balanced than in the past few WCs, where they were grossly overweighed on offense.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:54 pm
mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:48 pm I just watched the Saudis deservedly beat Argentina. And skimmed through Denmark vs Tunisia. For me, this reinforces that Islamic teams are motivated in their environment...and you better be prepared.

Argentina can only blame themselves. Why play so tight on offsides in attack when hi-tech now will catch it. Plus they just didn't look very creative and incisive in the last 1/3.

Saudi Arabia lost to Croatia last week in a friendly 1-0. They should have scored 2 and did decent. We scored at will when we brought on the A team late, but avoided hard play and injury. Still, the Saudis showed some serious class.

But this is a warning sign for Croatia with Morocco tomorrow. I'm glad we're seeing these Islamic countries, except Qatar, are not going to be a pushover.
What the ****?

Ah come on. I've a lot of Muslim friends who said as much...that being in the Gulf with lots of Arab fans will be an extra man for many Islamic countries.

Is what I said offensive?

:???:

Replace Islamic with European, Balkan, or South American. Right?
Last edited by mate on Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:50 pm
Rohr: We are here to learn and stay humble.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

There are those for whom national representation is an honour and those for whom it is a burden. One need only look at the lethargy vs Portugal and the welly behind the tackle on Erikssen early doors.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:58 pm

There are those for whom national representation is an honour and those for whom it is a burden. One need only look at the lethargy vs Portugal and the welly behind the tackle on Erikssen early doors.
12th man effect for sure.

This is going to be interesting if it keeps up...and I think it can.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:57 pm Ah come on. I've a lot of Muslim friends who said as much...that being in the Gulf with lots of Arab fans will be an extra man for many Islamic countries.

Maybe your friends should read up on Berbers and Persians.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:02 pm
mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:57 pm Ah come on. I've a lot of Muslim friends who said as much...that being in the Gulf with lots of Arab fans will be an extra man for many Islamic countries.

Maybe your friends should read up on Berbers and Persians.

Maybe they have...and maybe you are just reaching to see what just isn't there?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 2-0

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Saudi sabi pull the offside trap. They look better than Iran and Qatar
... and it worked for them. See how much Saudi Arabia put up a gallant fight against Argentina. See how their goalkeeper and defense gave no space to Argentina players in general. Could we, the Super-eagles, have been able to do that? Would our keeper and defense kept us in the game? Menh, we have a long way to go with our footballing style.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-0

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:36 am KSA is honestly playing a great defensive game. Offside trapping and really aggressive pressure.

It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up for the full 90. This is a very different game without the pen.
I didn't watch the game, but from the clips I saw, I am very impressed with the Saudis. The played well
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:27 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Saudi sabi pull the offside trap. They look better than Iran and Qatar
... and it worked for them. See how much Saudi Arabia put up a gallant fight against Argentina. See how their goalkeeper and defense gave no space to Argentina players in general. Could we, the Super-eagles, have been able to do that? Would our keeper and defense kept us in the game? Menh, we have a long way to go with our footballing style.
With the right coach and discipline, of course we can. If the Saudi's can, why do you think its impossible for us? Odas, Odasss ohhhh..Hia
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:10 pm Pioooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! ViCTORY! WALLLAHUUUU WAKUBARRRRRRRR!!!! ALLLAHUUUU AKUBARRRRRRRR!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hmm, certainly many of us want Argentina to lose and they did. I hope they lose their second game as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

100%Naija wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:32 pm
With the right coach and discipline, of course we can. If the Saudi's can, why do you think its impossible for us? Odas, Odasss ohhhh..Hia
Chief, I dey hia-ooo! No look far, abeg.

Realistically, I hope you are correct, though. However, I think we would have lost to Argentina had we played them today/yesterday
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:56 pm I have to say Saudi Arabia looked good. The were very composed, not nervous, playing their A game...skill, teamwork, neat passion, tactical discipline, especially in tight offsides positions. Fit and athletic too, able to force opportunities that paid off in 2 goals.

Again, I THANK Saudi Arabia and Tunisia. Because, BELIEVE ME, alarms are screaming the Croatian camp to take Morocco with the highest respect.

Also as a football fan, I like other teams from other regions emerging. Maybe some countries can break through, inspired by games like this? Once and for all, not as a 1 off...also, let's not forget 2 more games are to be played for Argentina and Saudi Arabia.

Lastly, Argentina is no doubt good...but I thought they were overrated by pundits as WC favorite. Brazil, sure. Messi is way past his best. And it's not saying that much that Argentina is more balanced than in the past few WCs, where they were grossly overweighed on offense.
Thus far, my only question is, what happened to Senegal?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:37 pm
100%Naija wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:32 pm
Chief, I dey hia-ooo! No look far, abeg.

Realistically, I hope you are correct, though. However, I think we would have lost to Argentina had we played them today/yesterday
No question about that! We couldn't beat the bredas talk-less of Argentina :lol:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:46 pm
mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:56 pm I have to say Saudi Arabia looked good. The were very composed, not nervous, playing their A game...skill, teamwork, neat passion, tactical discipline, especially in tight offsides positions. Fit and athletic too, able to force opportunities that paid off in 2 goals.

I saw both games.

My view is Saudi Arabia maintained enough discipline and concentration to give up only 1 goal and force 2 of their own. They were better than Argentina overall. Totally deserved result from a well prepared, fit, and better Saudi Arabia on the day...and, gotta admit, maybe on a few days if they played 5 games...in what seems like a pro-Saudi crowd.

Senegal like some said looked toothless in attack. No bad overall. But not good enough to beat Holland. Don't get me wrong, Senegal played well...just failed on that go-ahead goal and couldn't force 1 of their own.

Small margins.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You just have to respect and cherish Diego. One can single-handedly drag two teams to trophies (Arg and Napoli), while the other needs a supporting cast.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:52 pm

I saw both games.

My view is Saudi Arabia maintained enough discipline and concentration to give up only 1 goal and force 2 of their own. They were better than Argentina overall. Totally deserved result from a well prepared, fit, and better Saudi Arabia on the day...and, gotta admit, maybe on a few days if they played 5 games...in what seems like a pro-Saudi crowd.

Senegal like some said looked toothless in attack. No bad overall. But not good enough to beat Holland. Don't get me wrong, Senegal played well...just failed on that go-ahead goal and couldn't force 1 of their own.

Small margins
Well, Senegal better do something in their next game. In fact, they better win the next game, else they are as good as coming, or going back home. Like we all know, nothing beats winning the first game in all tournaments.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:42 pm

I saw both games.

Small margins
Well, Senegal better do something in their next game. In fact, they better win the next game, else they are as good as coming, or going back home. Like we all know, nothing beats winning the first game in all tournaments.

Agreed. The USA is in a jam now because they tied but didn't win the opener.

I'm hoping and praying Croatia gets a win against Morocco tomorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:45 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:42 pm

I saw both games.

Small margins

Agreed. The USA is in a jam now because they tied but didn't win the opener.

I'm hoping and praying Croatia gets a win against Morocco tomorrow.
Really? Why so, if I may ask?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Good news for Argentina is if they combine Poland and Mexicos best 11, they should win easily. They are very lucky with their draw.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

airwolex wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:06 pm Good news for Argentina is if they combine Poland and Mexicos best 11, they should win easily. They are very lucky with their draw.
Bad news for Argentina is that except for 2006, Mexico has not lost to the top seed in their group since 1994

Wha choo looking at?!