[WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (Petkovic) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (wetincall) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Post by Odas »

TEAM performance always win games. Croatia showed us how it is done. They defended well as a team, their keeper is good too and they took very good penalties.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(wetincall) BRAZIL 1 (Neymar)

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:50 pm Arrogance never ends well.

Tite had Firmino and Joelinton at home and he was taking Fred and Pedro to world cup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Worse is having a player just walking all around the field while the opposition is fighting for their life. Ultimate disrespect to the game and they deserve to go out…

Its a head scratcher for me why he left Joelington and Firmino at home...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (wetincall) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Post by felarey »

Favourite team is out, only thing now is watching the midfield maestro Luka Modric for as long as possible do his masterful craft. He makes the right decision 97% of the time, he needs to start a football school for decision making. He is OGA.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I am still hoping that one of these days some of our brothers on and off the field will suddenly realize that just because the other team has better players or stars does not mean that you should automatically surrender physically, emotionally, or mentally.

I have always loved teams from that part of the world. Congratulations to our CE brother Mate and Croatia. One down, Argentina is next. This WC has been sweet without Naija. Let's go ATLAS LIONS!!
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm I Dey fear for Rodrygo. He better not go to Brazil soon.
please young man Brasil is not Uganda.

if anyone should be ridiculed it should be Neymar, you don't have to go in order anymore he should have stepped up and taken the fourth.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I hope the English will follow the path of Brazil and watch the rest of the competition on their big screen TV after tomorrow.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Brazil have looked very arrogant throughout the tournament, they disrespected the South Koreans with useless showboatings and annoying dances even when they were 4 goals up, Tite also joined in the disrespect by doing the pigeon dance with the players at some point just to spite the opponents...I'm glad Croatia humbled them, Neymar will retire without a world cup.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:55 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm We need to go study what the Croatians are doing especially at the World Cup. It is like they always get to the Semi-finals!
They play within themselves and play to their strengths while doing everything necessary to mitigate their weaknesses.
Very very important.

Then they play as a TEAM!

Leadership is also missing for the SE.

They also have a GOOD goalkeeper.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm We need to go study what the Croatians are doing especially at the World Cup. It is like they always get to the Semi-finals!
They play within themselves and play to their strengths while doing everything necessary to mitigate their weaknesses.
Yes they win and get to the later stages but the football Croatia plays is really not what we want to watch on the regular do we?

I know I will take it for the Super Eagles myself but it is just too pragmatic.
Last edited by SylverEagles on Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nothing to study. They have typical Balkan mentality -- strong, iron, ready to die for their desire! Hardworkers! fighters! They are winners.

Think about your super eagles, do you see any one of them made of iron? ready to die for what they want? Hardworkers? fighters? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abeg no make me laugh. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Perfectly well said. :agree:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:57 pm I am still hoping that one of these days some of our brothers on and off the field will suddenly realize that just because the other team has better players or stars does not mean that you should automatically surrender physically, emotionally, or mentally.

I have always loved teams from that part of the world. Congratulations to our CE brother Mate and Croatia. One down, Argentina is next. This WC has been sweet without Naija. Let's go ATLAS LIONS!!
Not IF the coach tells you that you got no chance but you should just go there and LEARN :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Croatian fans were great to roll with in Russia sha, I’ll think Nigerians will agree. Happy for them.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Every side is carrying a passenger of some sort. Ask yourself, what on Earth was Fred, brought on to shore things up, doing in the final third trying to be Garrincha, absolute madness.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm
Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:51 pm Thoroughly deserved for the most ignorant and arrogantly naive game management ever seen with high stakes on the table.
Arrogance is an understatement. Tite has been arrogant from the beginning, thinking he will walk this world cup.
Classic mismanagement of a game that they had otherwise won. Croatia couldn't create anything. Keep it compact at the back and be composed in possession when you get the ball and win little fouls, set pieces, etc to wind down the clock. Croatia had no threat sufficient to trouble Brazil. Naïveté.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:59 pm
Yes they win and get to the later stages but the football Croatia plays is really not what we want to watch on the regular do we?

I know I will take it for the Super Eagles myself but it is just too pragmatic.
I am sorry, what football doe the Super Eagles play? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Group F is proving to be the toughest group after all.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 0 BRAZIL 1 (Neymar)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:26 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:25 pm I will miss Modric sha 👏👏👏
Game never finish o!
:mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:57 pm I am still hoping that one of these days some of our brothers on and off the field will suddenly realize that just because the other team has better players or stars does not mean that you should automatically surrender physically, emotionally, or mentally.

That was our man Rohr's mentality. Very un-German sees names on the oppositions team list and surrenders straight away.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

gosh wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:43 pm
ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:41 pm Wol Cup sweet o o o o o! What a game. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: mate, your guys are a formidable force. If they go on, they will beat Argentina.
Have you already assumed that Argentina will beat the Netherlands?
:biggrin:
Yes now. Siddon dia dey wait useless Nederland. :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

They used Cameroon blueprint to win! they were never favorites in my books
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

France would have murdered this croatian team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm Every side is carrying a passenger of some sort. Ask yourself, what on Earth was Fred, brought on to shore things up, doing in the final third trying to be Garrincha, absolute madness.

was actually Antony attempting to recover on that counter,,
Unbelievable!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp