[WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (Petkovic) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (wetincall) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm Every side is carrying a passenger of some sort. Ask yourself, what on Earth was Fred, brought on to shore things up, doing in the final third trying to be Garrincha, absolute madness.
The coach is his friend, so the coach left Joelinton at home for him.

Fred and Paqueta combined are not on the level of Joelinton. Yet, one is starting, the other is coming on and Joelinton is at home.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(wetincall) BRAZIL 1 (Neymar)

Post by ohsee »

AreaDaddy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:44 pm
ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:41 pm Wol Cup sweet o o o o o! What a game. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: mate, your guys are a formidable force. If they go on, they will beat Argentina.
Are u sure Argentina will beat Netherlands ?
:biggrin:
Yes, now. Don't bet that your nice house on Nederland oh! :biggrin:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (wetincall) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Post by AreaDaddy »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:59 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:55 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm We need to go study what the Croatians are doing especially at the World Cup. It is like they always get to the Semi-finals!
They play within themselves and play to their strengths while doing everything necessary to mitigate their weaknesses.
Yes they win and get to the later stages but the football Croatia plays is really not what we want to watch on the regular do we?

I know I will take it for the Super Eagles myself but it is just too pragmatic.
Croatia pragmatism is to be respected as it works very well for them, but it drains the spectacle out of the game.

But as you say if the Super Eagles could win like that, you wont complaints from me :D
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The only thing Nigerian about Croatia, is the forum often frequented by Mate. That aside, forget it, national representation means something to the Grand Old Hadjuk of Split and absolutely nothing to the lazy, languid, self-deifying dossers who are more paraplegic pigeons than super eagles.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Brazil got exposed by Cameroon!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm We need to go study what the Croatians are doing especially at the World Cup. It is like they always get to the Semi-finals!
They play within themselves and play to their strengths while doing everything necessary to mitigate their weaknesses.
Yes they win and get to the later stages but the football Croatia plays is really not what we want to watch on the regular do we?

I am sorry, what football doe the Super Eagles play? :lol:
That was a head scratcher. Croatia plays wining football: they have skill to play attractively when possible and they don't mind reducing the pace to suit them when necessary to give themselves the best chance to win. What is not to like about Croatia football? Meanwhile they're only a country of 4 million.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

You don fall my hand for this statement o! History shows that we don't study. We've never studied. Studying is not one of the things we care to do in Nigeria. We are not where we are by accident or God's will.
-Simpli fy -
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm
Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:51 pm Thoroughly deserved for the most ignorant and arrogantly naive game management ever seen with high stakes on the table.
Arrogance is an understatement. Tite has been arrogant from the beginning, thinking he will walk this world cup.
Classic mismanagement of a game that they had otherwise won. Croatia couldn't create anything. Keep it compact at the back and be composed in possession when you get the ball and win little fouls, set pieces, etc to wind down the clock. Croatia had no threat sufficient to trouble Brazil. Naïveté.
You nailed it. Brazil mismanaged the game and Croatia took advantage.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:55 pm Each time Neymar got the ball he literally would stop to a trot and then start deciding after what to do with the ball ..surprised croatia no quack am more . he was short 1 and yet when he scored i no lie i was humbled.

This is why I will always pick a Modric over a Neymar. Always! Luca Modric consistently makes good decision with the ball, without the ball, early game, midgame, endgame. Name it.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:04 pm
AreaDaddy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:44 pm
ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:41 pm Wol Cup sweet o o o o o! What a game. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: mate, your guys are a formidable force. If they go on, they will beat Argentina.
Are u sure Argentina will beat Netherlands ?
Yes, now. Don't bet that your nice house on Nederland oh! :biggrin:
Van Gaal is too wily for Argentina. They will beat Argentina.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:02 pm
Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm Every side is carrying a passenger of some sort. Ask yourself, what on Earth was Fred, brought on to shore things up, doing in the final third trying to be Garrincha, absolute madness.

was actually Antony attempting to recover on that counter,,
Unbelievable!
He had Vinicius and Raphina unable to break down Croatia. What did he do? He took them out and brought in Rodrygo and Antony. A photocopy -- and frankly weaker versions - of the first two. What did he think will happen? Using the same tactics and the same profile? You assume they will do better than the players who are their carbon-copy, but even better than them? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Beach soccer works o! Just like in Brazil, they play a lot of it in Croatia

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

All anyone needs to know about today’s game is that it is really better to be lucky than good🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:01 pm
gosh wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:43 pm
Have you already assumed that Argentina will beat the Netherlands?
Yes now. Siddon dia dey wait useless Nederland. :biggrin:
I figured your correct prediction streak would end at one.

Van GOAT will make easy work of the Argies.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Argentina have all the ingredients to be flogged.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (Petkovic) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Croatia scored with their only shot on goal! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Absolutely delighted to see Brazil dumped out in such circumstances. For all the joga bonita or whatever, there comes a time when you shut up shop and run down the clock. Absolutely pathetic. Glad to see them gone.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:06 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 pm

I am sorry, what football doe the Super Eagles play? :lol:
That was a head scratcher. Croatia plays wining football: they have skill to play attractively when possible and they don't mind reducing the pace to suit them when necessary to give themselves the best chance to win. What is not to like about Croatia football? Meanwhile they're only a country of 4 million.
So you want to tell me that you will willingly love the SE to play in 4 or 5 consecutive PKs. It is well and good when we have no stake in it but when it is the SE and many people have "died" from the induced heart-attacks, then call me back then.

The point is not the fact that they win, the point is the method they used to get there - that many PK shoot-outs is not good for the health and it is also very hard to reproduce, one miss and the plan fails.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #1] CROATIA 1(4) (Petkovic) BRAZIL 1(2) PKs Croatia through to the semi-finals!!! (Neymar)

Post by marko »

pay respect to Modric, a 37 year old bossed the game!
multiple champions league, on top of his game and a fine example for youngsters
Last edited by marko on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

theDunamis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:06 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:55 pm Each time Neymar got the ball he literally would stop to a trot and then start deciding after what to do with the ball ..surprised croatia no quack am more . he was short 1 and yet when he scored i no lie i was humbled.

This is why I will always pick a Modric over a Neymar. Always! Luca Modric consistently makes good decision with the ball, without the ball, early game, midgame, endgame. Name it.

I think u miss the point slightly. His play in those moments was needed to break down a well marshalled defence.
I think the criticism was that he was seldom successful with it, except for the goal and a few other instances...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:12 pm Croatia scored with their only shot on goal! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
IT IS WHAT IT IS 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:07 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:38 pm Croatia yet to register a shot on target
The problem with that in this sort of tight game is some times all it takes is one shot by the under dog to win the game.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

HRVATSKA!!!

🔥🔥🔥

I was riveted and fully focused. As I always am when Croatia goes deep in a tournament. I can't believe we played to this level to win.

We deserved the win. I will NEVER agree we play boring. On the contrary, we have some of the best skill in the world. That is how we teach and practice, to possess and love the ball.

Foolish pundits malign us for the same reason they do Africans: we're not Westerners. Complete BS. They won't factor the reason we emphasize defense is simply: WE DO NOT HAVE 1 DECENT FORWARD!

But you know what? Petkovic who is a lousy football scored. Because of the world class defense and midfields.

Slow and old? Majer, Gvardiol, and Juranovic are FAST and YOUNG. Who teaches these things to the pundits?

We outplayed Brazil over the course of the game. Again, who can possess like this vs Brazil? Most teams shook with fear and git whipped.

I've no illusions. We remain underdogs. But we have a fine team and strong belief.

I posted on the general soccer CE channel why Croatia has a good NT program. Some of you read it. But we do have a good system.

Thank you for your support my CE brothers! I am rooting for a CROATIA vs MOROCCO final...coming from THE REAL GROUP OF DEATH!!!

HRVATSKA!!!

🔥🔥🔥
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:20 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:12 pm Croatia scored with their only shot on goal! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
IT IS WHAT IT IS 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:07 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:38 pm Croatia yet to register a shot on target
The problem with that in this sort of tight game is some times all it takes is one shot by the under dog to win the game.
Chai! Streetfighters! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!