[WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2(3) (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2(4) (Molina, Messi) PKs ARG advance to the semi-finals!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2 (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by Kabalega »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:01 pm
Kabalega wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:00 pm Another arrogant team knocked out.
Deris a God oh!
Arrogant in what way? :???: :???:
Checkout their comments after their last couple of games.
If they had won the WC, we would not have heard the end of it. It could have been worse than when France won.

Thankfully either France or England will be knocked out.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2(3) (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2(4) (Molina, Messi) PKs ARG advance to the semi-finals!

Post by bret- hart »

Argentina should have had several players sent off including Messi :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2(3) (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2(4) (Molina, Messi) PKs ARG advance to the semi-finals!

Post by airwolex »

That's the most basic Dutch team I have ever seen. Wtf. They make old English team look like Brazil. Wtf happened to them?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:52 pm That's the most basic Dutch team I have ever seen. Wtf. They make old English team look like Brazil. Wtf happened to them?

To be fair, on quality this Netherlands is not up there with the strongest teams in this World Cup.
Its a credit to them that they have Argentina a tough time and only lost on penalties.

Van Gaal did really well and his tactics cannot be faulted.
scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2 (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by scholl »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:17 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:12 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm This is why European teams prevail!!! Man do they ever fight!
I see teams fight like this. And I just feel so numb and weak for Nigeria. For years, I have spoken about intelligence, aggression and fighting spirit and people were comfortable with going to "learn."

We went to Lisbon and we were roundly beaten like a red-haired step child by a Portugal Team B and someone opened a thread here that Nigeria would have done well at the world cup???!! The arrogance!

I see these games and i realized how far behind we are! My God! we are in trouble.
Let's just cancel out 2022 as a year of political disservice to the Nigerian people, the ripple effect of which has seen low standards and low IQ expectations permeating even our much fancied football...let's hope 2023 will offer us a better sociopolitical dimension.
You believe 2022 was the year when mediocrity and low IQ, of the population, just precipitated in location 419? You are in for a prolonged reality. :laugh:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:50 pm Argentina should have had several players sent off including Messi :curse:
Especially that bag of $h!t that kicked a ball with full force at the Dutch bench. Messi should have gotten a yellow too for deliberately handling the ball. Bad performance by the ref overall.

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:47 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:50 pm Argentina should have had several players sent off including Messi :curse:
Especially that bag of $h!t that kicked a ball with full force at the Dutch bench. Messi should have gotten a yellow too for deliberately handling the ball. Bad performance by the ref overall.

KPOM!
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

I hate to think that FIFA and the refs have a bias towards wanting a Final with Messi, may Croatia prevail in that case.

Whats annoying is that VAR is there and sometimes a ref can simply ignore the chance to go and review a decision on VAR.

VAR is not he problem, its the humans
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Edgar Davids, dark shades, deep in the thick of the aggro. No doubt he got a couple digs in. Master of the art. Where was De Jong, big Nige, should’ve made the technical area atleast.

Noticed the chubby cheeked colossus, Paolo Dybala grinning in the medley, what a squander of talent, to think, as Lauturo was committing the highest treason, Scaloni was favouring the joker over the ace.

One would assume Dybala’s lack of game time isn’t entirely due to similarities in style to Messi, whom time has tugged more centrally. Perhaps is more about relationships than anything else. The Rule of Messi mandates that xyz don’t play. And play they don’t.

Will be land of the giants up against the Croatian back line, Argentina will need all the speed thinkers they can muster. Too deep into the contest to roll out the Dybala dice now.