[WC 2022 QF #3] MOROCCO 1(El-Nesyri) PORTUGAL 0 FT MOROCCO IS THE 1ST AFRICAN TEAM TO ADVANCE TO THE WC SEMIFINALS!!!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #3] MOROCCO 1(El-Nesyri) PORTUGAL 0

Post by Molue Conductor »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:21 pm
green4life wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:02 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:00 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:58 pm You need some luck in the WC, Maroc is getting it let’s go!
Recognise the hard work please!
Don't mind him this had very little to do with luck. Classic team work. All hands on deck. You create your "luck". Well done Morocco :clap:
If I were a Moroccan player, I wouldn’t mind being called lucky in the least. Go and ask the Brazilian players how they feel playing so well and not getting lucky. Nothing at all wrong with being lucky… and the irony is that in order to get lucky, you have to be very, very good🤔❗️

Cheers.
More correctly, in order for your luck to count, you have to be very good.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #3] MOROCCO 1(El-Nesyri) PORTUGAL 0 FT MOROCCO ADVANCES TO SEMI FINALS!!!!

Post by Molue Conductor »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 pm
txj wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:04 pm
cchinukw wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:03 pm Morocco coach

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Don't forget that you ONO loving nation of Nigeria
People dont realize how important a coach can be.

Yet, even after 6 years some people told us that we need to keep learning. Kaiiii! If you need to know how slavery and colonialism worked, just look at how one white man was able to convince Nigerians that we are inferior. OMG!! :oops: :oops:

Can we stop this nonsense please?

Coaches work hard for themselves.

If our coaches are not willing to be the best, on what basis do you appoint them?
I think you are mistaken me for someone else. I am not interested in the FC v IC debate. I doubt you'd be able to get a post from me engaging in that.

I am SOLELY interested in how in the 21st century, a white man was able to convince black people that they are inferior and they accepted it and championed their perceived inferiority. Thats how slavery and colonialism started.

As for FC v. IC, i'll leave that to you guys to fight it out. I am not interested.
That is not how colonialism or slavery started.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #3] MOROCCO 1(El-Nesyri) PORTUGAL 0 FT MOROCCO ADVANCES TO SEMI FINALS!!!!

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:20 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 pm
txj wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:04 pm
cchinukw wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:03 pm Morocco coach

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Don't forget that you ONO loving nation of Nigeria
People dont realize how important a coach can be.

Yet, even after 6 years some people told us that we need to keep learning. Kaiiii! If you need to know how slavery and colonialism worked, just look at how one white man was able to convince Nigerians that we are inferior. OMG!! :oops: :oops:

Can we stop this nonsense please?

Coaches work hard for themselves.

If our coaches are not willing to be the best, on what basis do you appoint them?
I think you are mistaken me for someone else. I am not interested in the FC v IC debate. I doubt you'd be able to get a post from me engaging in that.

I am SOLELY interested in how in the 21st century, a white man was able to convince black people that they are inferior and they accepted it and championed their perceived inferiority. Thats how slavery and colonialism started.

As for FC v. IC, i'll leave that to you guys to fight it out. I am not interested.
I know you are not part of that debate. Neither am I interested in it.

I'm just saying that the focus on use of FCs needs to be on a case by case basis.
There are god ones, then there are charlatans...

We need to focus on what ours are doing.

And most of them are not serious...
Bro, you still are mistaking me for someone else. I am not interested in the "focus or lack of focus on FCs" or whether they are analyzed on a case-by-case basis.

MY SOLE FOCUS HERE is how in this day and age a white man can successfully convince black people they they are inferior and they believed him. and championed him! thats all. Anything outside that no really concern me.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 QF #3] MOROCCO 1(El-Nesyri) PORTUGAL 0 FT MOROCCO IS THE 1ST AFRICAN TEAM TO ADVANCE TO THE WC SEMIFINALS!!

Post by Kneedeep »

So Nigerians now like defensive football and tactical schemes that give the opponent almost 80% possession, wonderful
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess this is the "free-flowing football" Amodu and Keshi (RIPP squared) did not play, abi? :rotf:

Failure is an orphan sha... a bounce to the left, a slight breeze to the right and everything changes.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
panafrican
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 QF #3] MOROCCO 1(El-Nesyri) PORTUGAL 0 FT MOROCCO IS THE 1ST AFRICAN TEAM TO ADVANCE TO THE WC SEMIFINALS!!

Post by panafrican »

Seeing Morocco yesterday do you guys think that Nigeria 1994 could have won the worldcup ?
The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Kneedeep wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:16 am So Nigerians now like defensive football and tactical schemes that give the opponent almost 80% possesion, wonderful

I guess this is the "free-flowing football" Amodu and Keshi (RIPP squared) did not play, abi? :rotf:

Failure is an orphan sha... a bounce to the left, a slight breeze to the right and everything changes.
I just want the team to play to its strength!

But you will not win a tournament with a sloppy defense including GK!

Anything you want to do, just do it well!

Possession is nothing if you cannot translate it to goals. You can use FRIENDLIES to entertain but at tournaments you have to go to WIN! Do whatever it will take to WIN
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:23 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:14 pm
mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:08 pm
mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:05 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:00 pm

Recognise the hard work please!
Don't mind him this had very little to do with luck. Classic team work. All hands on deck. You create your "luck". Well done Morocco :clap:

This is what some say about Croatia too...and it is irritating.

:|

How IRONIC Croatia and Morocco from Group F are in the semifinals...both getting back handed compliments all along the journey. Nobody talking about this.

F*** em.
You guys are irritating, are you saying you don’t need some luck? Every single team has needed some luck to make it far and even win a WC, it didn’t start with Croatia and won’t end with Maroc, it’s been said about every winner. Get a hold of yourselves haba…

Man, every team needs some luck of course.

But others have pointed out this is one of many factors, to the point where it wasn't a big one.

You don't get this far on weighted luck.
I made so many other comments about how good this team is how hard working they have been and how they’ve been the better team and deserve the win…all facts, but an off comment that they are also getting the luck you need to go far is what you guys are focused on?

As with Airwolex, fair enough.

But put yourself in the shoes of a Croatia or Morocco fan...and why some take it a little personally when so many marketing minded pundits and casual fans keep claiming luck.

Choi! Now Landon Donovan just said Morocco are not a joy to watch on Fox!

That is exactly what they said about Croatia yesterday.
Landon Donovan can watch the Harlem Globetrotters for entertainment value if he wants while we watch winners take on each other

For me I want to see a new champion so go Morocco or Croatia but I sense some “interesting” refereeing decisions pending in the next two games
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I think Morocco has upped the game for African teams to which I say Thank you , just as I did to Tunisia 78, Morocco 86 and Cameroon 90.. all pacesetters
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

akamoke wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:49 am
mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:23 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:14 pm
mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:08 pm
mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:05 pm

This is what some say about Croatia too...and it is irritating.

:|

How IRONIC Croatia and Morocco from Group F are in the semifinals...both getting back handed compliments all along the journey. Nobody talking about this.

F*** em.
You guys are irritating, are you saying you don’t need some luck? Every single team has needed some luck to make it far and even win a WC, it didn’t start with Croatia and won’t end with Maroc, it’s been said about every winner. Get a hold of yourselves haba…

Man, every team needs some luck of course.

But others have pointed out this is one of many factors, to the point where it wasn't a big one.

You don't get this far on weighted luck.
I made so many other comments about how good this team is how hard working they have been and how they’ve been the better team and deserve the win…all facts, but an off comment that they are also getting the luck you need to go far is what you guys are focused on?

As with Airwolex, fair enough.

But put yourself in the shoes of a Croatia or Morocco fan...and why some take it a little personally when so many marketing minded pundits and casual fans keep claiming luck.

Choi! Now Landon Donovan just said Morocco are not a joy to watch on Fox!

That is exactly what they said about Croatia yesterday.
Landon Donovan can watch the Harlem Globetrotters for entertainment value if he wants while we watch winners take on each other

For me I want to see a new champion so go Morocco or Croatia but I sense some “interesting” refereeing decisions pending in the next two games

Oh it wouldn't surprise me. As I've brought up all this WC, it's easier now to get away with influencing a match with 1-2 biased calls, given the tight margins.

Back in the day it was more egregious, like calling penalties for fouls well outside the box.

Today it's going either way on a questionable penalty where even VAR is inconclusive.

But, I suppose this is where TXJ comes in and accuses us all of being wild conspiracy theories...daring too question sancosanct FIFA and the refs.

:D

TXJ, I kid! I kid!
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't think the big teams have been helped by refs in this WC except for maybe the Portuguese pk given against Uruguay.

Argentina had two goals chalked off due to offside which honestly looked okay to the naked eye.

There was that Japanese goal that knocked out Germany.

The two legit penalties not given to Uruguay and even in the Brazil game there was a handball by a Croatian defender that could easily have been given.

I don't think the officiating has been great but I see no signs of favouritism.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Air, all in all I agree with you.

Uruguay did get the shaft. That was a decisive margin call.

Butterfly effect. South Korea advanced over Uruguay and got whacked by a Brazil who maybe got complacent against Croatia?

The football gods work in mysterious ways.

I tell ya: there must be some super-sentience using quantum physics to make balls bounce a certain way to f*** with some teams in a key moment. Or to suggest to a ref: ah, just give that yellow or red card or penalty.

:)
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:42 pm Air, all in all I agree with you.

Uruguay did get the shaft. That was a decisive margin call.

Butterfly effect. South Korea advanced over Uruguay and got whacked by a Brazil who maybe got complacent against Croatia?

The football gods work in mysterious ways.

I tell ya: there must be some super-sentience using quantum physics to make balls bounce a certain way to f*** with some teams in a key moment. Or to suggest to a ref: ah, just give that yellow or red card or penalty.

:)
Yep. I don't like Uruguay much, but fair is fair, it was almost as if there was an agenda to get rid of them.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

the internet is funny sometimes.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:52 pm the internet is funny sometimes.
:rotf:

I loved that show. Such nostalgia.

Uncle Phil. RIP.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:37 am
Kneedeep wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:16 am So Nigerians now like defensive football and tactical schemes that give the opponent almost 80% possesion, wonderful

I just want the team to play to its strength!

But you will not win a tournament with a sloppy defense including GK!

Anything you want to do, just do it well!

Possession is nothing if you cannot translate it to goals. You can use FRIENDLIES to entertain but at tournaments you have to go to WIN! Do whatever it will take to WIN
I was converted a long time ago, I am just surprised by Nigeria's sudden love of defensive football.
As for me, I just want to see this Morocco system at the ANC against some team like Uganda using the longball, sledgehammer foreheads, and 70 minutes of possession. Or some Congolese guy who has already picked out the orange Versace suit with blue shiny shoes for the post-goal press conference trying to see how many players he can dribble before he is tripped in the 18. It will be interesting.

Disclaimer: All stereotypes are intended.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved