The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Wenger should go for Croatia's Perisic, and play Sanchez from the right.
Perisic has been around for a while now. The problem is he is very inconsistent and I doubt if his style will suit us.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Dang !! 66 pages and we have only signed Granite ! ok oh
Well last season thread we know how many pages just Cech was sign.
Hope Wenger some time will change this summer and sign players
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:Chief O,

You see why I dey tok say it's best not to get emotional tangled in the rumors? See how Jamie Vardy and im agents use Arsenal collect more money from leicester :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If Arsenal is serious, there will be talent available soon....just have to stay patient. Players dey (none as epl tested as Vardy obviously but most better than him...arguably)
Stay Patient with Wenger, then he come and explain how the is no quality player on last day when others have pick them up?Arsenal fans has try with Wenger when it comes to patient,since Leicester rubbish that nonsense that you can win the league without spending crazy money, its up to Wenger to up his game.We have try to be patient and at this time,i will take any yeye coach and deal with them than Wenger nonsense every season why smile at the bank with 8 million every year.Arsenal with the current team should have won even 2 of the EPL titles the last 3 season yet a team fight for relegation came and win it.
My issue is not about even who we sign is how Wenger coach the team game in game out.You some time don't understand why players like Ramsey can be bad but still play 90 minutes every week and likes of Campbell bench for Walcrap...
It always after January then his eyes always clear when we are out of the race.Look how we keep getting knock out of CL same way does not matter who we play,it has to do with Wenger.This is the same Wenger that play injured Ozil with pain killer 2 years ago.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Oh! Cry me a river. We did not sign Vardy. :cry: :cry: :cry:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I wanted Vardy myself because he brings pace, directness and attitude. But it is not to be. The club were approached about a clause, they triggered it and gave the player a contract. They refused to bend on their offer, there must be a reason why.

I like to be realistic about these things. Those who run the club know better. There is a good reason the Arsenal offer was "take it or leave it". We are talking Vardy here , not Aguero or Lewandowski.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I deal in facts, I have put the facts in your face and it exposes your hypothesis as BS. I also, am aware of the financial realities of the club and never let emotions get in the way of my analysis. Nothing guesswork about me and how I look at Arsenal. Here is more proof.

Your stats, any which way it is presented, shows Arsenal have been buying players to improve the 1st team squad. This is especially obvious since we signed the new commercial deals. There is no basis to even question or suggest the club will not buy players because they dd not buy last summer as you and many others have claimed on this thread. I hope we can now settle this matter and deal with the facts and not BS or revisionist bile. You of all people should deal with the facts and not get carried away with those who forever seen negativity about the club. I love facts, they are there to shut people up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, this mid-July stats is not new or unique to Arsenal. Indeed it is the same for all clubs. Why? Because if they can help it, they want to do business early so they have the players in for pre-season and ready for the beginning of the season. But, like other clubs, Arsenal do not control when they buy players. The purchase of players is down to a 3 way agreement between, player, selling club and buying club. Arsenal like all club like to buy before pre-season starts in mid July. This is one reason why I call this mid July stuff BS.

Another reason is, we are in June, there is are two major competitions on at present, it is obvious to all there is not much happening in the transfer market for obvious reasons. So this mid July hypothesis is not relevant as things stand. I will argue, that delay in the transfer market this summer will be common because of the two major competitions and even the Olympics. There will be a lot of late signings.

Now stop this BS about quality additions because the more you bang on about it, the more ridiculous your argument looks. How can you mention Senderos who was a youth player purchase that did not make the grade. How can you mention Traore, another youth purchase. Even Almunia was a speculative purchase. For your Almunia, there has been Ospina, Fabianski, Manone and Szczesny. Your your Traore, there has been Clichy, Gibbs and Monreal. For your Senderos, there has been Kos etc. etc. So why dwell on the failures only? To dwell on failures, when there have been obvious successes is revisionist bile. Arsenal above all, have the most impressive of transfer successes when compared to other clubs.

Gabriel was a top class CD in a top team in Spain, he was no speculative buy. His team mates have said, he needs to go learn how to speak English because he still has communication issues which is a problem for the defence. I have no doubt he will become a top class CD. I am also confident about Chambers. If I am wrong, Wenger will look to buy a CD this summer if he felt he needs to.

Note, your examples were not players we paid serious money for, and my point remains, when he Wenger spends serious money, he hardly gets it wrong. This is why I am very positive, I know we have serious money to buy quality players. Wenger has already bought quality in Xhaka, so what is the problem? Note: The only player that is proven class, is the one that has done it over time in this league. Every other purchase is a gamble because what is proven class in one league could easily be a disaster in the EPL.

Out priority is a CF with different attributes to Giroud and an experienced wide playmaker who scores goals. Last season we lost it when Sanchez and Giroud's goal dried up. Wenger needs alternatives and I the rumours I hear of are good.
Pure subterfuge.

Issue at hand is acquiring the standard of quality required to win the PL and genuinely challenge in the CL and on that front Arsenal summer business has time and again flattered to deceive. Idea likes of Chambers made a significant impact is pure fallacy, same stands with majority on that list from Welbeck to Ospina, it's an inconsistent lot at best.

The same tired arguments were lectured upon doubters prior last season over likes of Theo, OX, Ramsey, Flamini, Giroud, case as always in Goonerdom of stats sans context. Reality is despite all those "superb additions", little progression last season from Arsenal and more so there is zero chance as currently constituted Arsenal win PL or seriously challenge for the CL.

Again despite "plethora of great additions" Arsenal as currently constituted are top CF, a top winger and top CD away from attaining goals both domestically and in Europe.

As I said before facts over feelings, again unlike yourself I try not to partake in guesswork, assumptions and wishful thinking.
@TG do you really think if we got a top CF,a top Winger and top CD we can win the league if Wenger does not change his approach to games?
Arsenal should have won one of the last 3 EPL at minimum and it has nothing to do with who we buy but Wenger short coming.
I think he has over stay his time,either leave or step up his coaching.He truly need help to make it count.
Look at result at Soton,West Ham,Manu away,Chelsea home and away when everyone was collecting 3 points from them.Most of his players has his same mentality that failure is accepted
That alone tells you its on the coach.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:Oh! Cry me a river. We did not sign Vardy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wanted Vardy myself because he brings pace, directness and attitude. But it is not to be. The club were approached about a clause, they triggered it and gave the player a contract. They refused to bend on their offer, there must be a reason why.

I like to be realistic about these things. Those who run the club know better. There is a good reason the Arsenal offer was "take it or leave it". We are talking Vardy here , not Aguero or Lewandowski.
lol
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

theYemster wrote:

lol
I did not want him. And glad he rubbed our nose on the ground. Hopefully that's a lesson for another day.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Jamie Vardy: Leicester & England striker agrees new contract [Ignores Gooners] :)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36606270
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

So Vardy opts to stay at Leicester for less money. Wouldn't have suited Beloved anyway...merchandise, mortgage, Moet and Chandon.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:

lol
You know better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:

lol
I did not want him. And glad he rubbed our nose on the ground. Hopefully that's a lesson for another day.
Its not even that,its those run the club that always know it and end up in May with no major trophies to show.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:I never thought I'd see the day a Leicester player would turn down a move to The Arsenal.

Ah well. :)
Well Leicester are EPL Champs and Arsenal is top 4 Champs.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Those who run the club clearly don't know how to win the EPL
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote: I was being fair. I did not want chop your money for free. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Now, when you say 4 senior players, you mean 1st team squad irrespective of age. :sneaky:
Stop playing fast and loose. You know what he means.
If you know what I mean...how come's he doesn't?
I give up.....classic waffi
Bollocks, I have not moved the goalposts. You cannot decide the team status of the players Wenger has signed. What if a 19 year old, you claim is not a senior player actually is or becomes one? I ask for a reason.
Look @ this guy talking to me like I'm his trick.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's make it easy for yo to comprehend........
rosicknote replaced by Shaka.......senior squad member
flamini replaced by????????..........senior squad member
Arteta replaced by ???????...........senior squad member
WC Striker to replace Welbeck who is out for a season +

He buys to replace like for like

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zoldsasok wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:I will really be happy if Wenger sign 3 more first team players but knowing him,he will promote 2 youth project and bring one more or just sign one more and bring another youth some where/.
u sabi am well well
That man no get shame to be honest.But what do I expect from a suspected gay man :boo: :boo:
Kajifu seriously :boo: :boo: :boo: that's really disappointing from you
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kajifu don talk e own! Wetin be you own inside? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:So it's official now , Vardy has stiff armed Arsenal to sign a new four year deal with Leicester?

Na wa ohhhh smh
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
kai!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:I never thought I'd see the day a Leicester player would turn down a move to The Arsenal.

Ah well. :)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My brother, Arsenal has not won the title in 12 years and by Gods grace that will continue for eternity. On the other hand, Leicester has just won it. What incentive does Vardy have to take a step down in his career?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Yawnnnnnnnnn :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go read the Wenger quotes, he did not make a categoric statement about Vardy, it was something I noted and thought was interesting. So I am not surprised to read what was written in those tweets. One thong is certain, this matter is not yet closed.

Arsenal will not increase their offer, that's for sure, so it is up to the player.

Is it closed NOW? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi and his fables :taunt: :taunt: we are on to you and your buddy Arsene. All that shucking and jiving ain't gonna work any more ... I see another meltdown and revolt brewing :idea:

But the Slow Learners at the Emirates just never get it. :roll:

The disciples are running away from the master! tie him to the stake! tie him! pour liquor on him and burn him! burn him!!!! the disciples screamed as it dawned on them that their master has led them astray! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:AW should have gave up on Vardy the second he went to Euros without agreeing to move to the Arsenal.

Now will see if Arsenal for once have a plan B. History shows if AW has not added quality additions by Mid-late of July welp that's all she wrote for quality summer business.

Veery much haas all hallmarks of another summer catastrophe by AW.
:sneaky: is it not the way every summer?
small boys are using afc to leverage getting small pennies from small clubs.......viva wengoat :lol:
Dem sey wenger wife leave am? I sure sey that woman get naija blood! She don taya to dey ask for chop money! Ijebu Wenger no gree allow the woman go market by herself--

Mrs. Wenger: The tomatoe is 12 pounds

Wenger: were? were? I zid nor zee it? I can nor zee the prizeeee... Iz not 12 pounds. will they accept 2 pounds + a loan of our cat for 2 days and then the cat will return home? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wanyama to Toto for 11 million ... Another great bargain buy for TOTO :curse:

This guy literally begged to come to Arsenal :curse:

Would have loved him alongside Xhaka as an option for those tough road games when we need to hold a lead and gut out a win :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:Wenger should go for Croatia's Perisic, and play Sanchez from the right.

And Perisic will accept a step down in his career? Una no dey learn? After what Vardy did to una, your arrogance is still ripe? Arsenal needs to start looking at players of this caliber -

Arbeloa (free)
Ighalo
Onazi
Whabi Khazri
Steve Cook
Atsu
Anichebe (free)
Chris Brunt
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:Wanyama to Toto for 11 million ... Another great bargain buy for TOTO :curse:

This guy literally begged to come to Arsenal :curse:

Would have loved him alongside Xhaka as an option for those tough road games when we need to hold a lead and gut out a win :curse:
Anini and kokori...I mean, El Neny and Coquelin nko? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: