Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cardiff. :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

OK, twice in his career then.
tfco wrote:
he scored against Cardiff from a FK[/color]
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rojo is a bomb scare. When he plays (which is a sight as rare as seeing an emu high heels walking down Oxford Street in central London), he plays as if he wants to prove that he (not Bailly) is the most reckless tackler in the Man Utd team. Quite why or how Jose thought it was a good idea to sell the composed and classy Daley Blind, yet continue to keep this hothead employed, is mystifying.
balo wrote:Atkinson thought this warranted only a yellow
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Am I reading this right?

United fans want to sell david de Gea?

:scared:

Wow :sad:
stop stealing WiFi and read to comprehend, olodo

Ahem Thicko. Is it reading or comprehension for you?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

This season, all our strikers performed woefully, Sanchez,Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Lingard! a top class premiership striker should be banging in an average of 15-20 goals per season, they were so inconsistent, yesterday was another prime example of our inability to finish chances

so happy we are not going to qualify for champions league! anything to pour money into those shareholders pockets should be stopped, i was expecting after Mourinho sacking to start putting structures into place, still no director of football, i gave them the benefit of the doubt but it seems their minds are so pre-occupied by the bank balance than the football on the pitch

If Pogba wants out, he will be taking 34 million followers to his new club and several millions in lost sponsorship money for united, Playing Europa football, united will no longer be the attractive place for top footballers but that is exactly what it needs right now

what should happen now if united to be bought by some Arab billionaires, the first thing is to get rid of Ed Woodward or make sure he does not have any involvement in footballing matters, contracts or whatever, he has proven to be incompetent and part of the huge mess united finds itself today
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Not really.
Many just think he is in poor form and a break on the bench is not a bad idea.

However the rumour is that he wants to go elsewhere and that's what's affecting his form, so some suggest that it's a not worth the trouble if he doesn't want to be at United any longer.

Despite the recent big blunders he still pulls out those wonder saves at least every game.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Willian's very lucky there, foot appeared to be planted, in which case a break would not have been a surprise. A little higher perhaps and that's the tib and fib gone.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:

Not really.

However the rumour is that he wants to go elsewhere and that's what's affecting his form, so some suggest that it's a not worth the trouble if he doesn't want to be at United any longer.

Despite the recent big blunders he still pulls out those wonder saves at least every game.
Best GK by far

contract issues are affecting his form.
All the English players + Martial have been given new bumper deals but Ed is stalling on our best player for the past 5 years

More power to DDG..he should go where he'll be more appreciated

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

Not really.

Best GK by far

contract issues are affecting his form.
All the English players + Martial have been given new bumper deals but Ed is stalling on our best player for the past 5 years

More power to DDG..he should go where he'll be more appreciated
Sanchez set a bad precedent at united! we will certainly lose DeGea to another team, we do not deserve him, the board are incompetent
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

DDG has been poor no need make excuse for him,a top player will not allow contract affect him.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

De Gea's errors are well within the realms of the acceptable, the issue is, as always has been, the fatalistic nature of the goalkeeper's faux pas. As the last line of defence, the keeper's error is exaggerated by consequence. To suggest contract wranglings or a desire to leave are the driving force between the dip in form, is mere poppycock. What has followed the first error, is the normal order of events. Self-doubt, loss of confidence, more thought less instinct. De Gea has a catalogue of incredible, instinctive saves this season, in addition to inspired, indomitable performances, his class is not in doubt. Only a few weeks back, Hugo Lloris was facing the same, earlier in the season, Pickford was in the pillory. Form follows function.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exactly. When a GK is facing Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Aguero, and Hazard in 2 successive weeks, and his only "protection" against them is the zombie that possessed Ashley Young's body, and guys like Dalot and Lindelof, I do not think it is perverse for said GK to suffer a touch of nerves and to be weary at being peppered with non-stop shots on a weekly basis. I have been saying for the last 5 years that something is very wrong with a team in which the GK is the best player and best performer year after year. Anyway, DDG's miraculous body of work over the last 7 years give him enough credit in the bank to excuse this dip in form. Only a few weeks ago, people were marvelling at his Spidermanesque saves against Spurs and West Ham (just 2 weeks ago!).

Right now, if Man Utd put DDG up for sale 99% of teams in the world would ditch their starting GK in a heartbeat for the chance to sign him.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Coach wrote:De Gea's errors are well within the realms of the acceptable, the issue is, as always has been, the fatalistic nature of the goalkeeper's faux pas. As the last line of defence, the keeper's error is exaggerated by consequence. To suggest contract wranglings or a desire to leave are the driving force between the dip in form, is mere poppycock. What has followed the first error, is the normal order of events. Self-doubt, loss of confidence, more thought less instinct. De Gea has a catalogue of incredible, instinctive saves this season, in addition to inspired, indomitable performances, his class is not in doubt. Only a few weeks back, Hugo Lloris was facing the same, earlier in the season, Pickford was in the pillory. Form follows function.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Exactly. When a GK is facing Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Aguero, and Hazard in 2 successive weeks, and his only "protection" against them is the zombie that possessed Ashley Young's body, and guys like Dalot and Lindelof, I do not think it is perverse for said GK to suffer a touch of nerves and to be weary at being peppered on a weekly basis. I have been saying for the last 5 years that something is very wrong with a team in which the GK is the best player and best performer year after year. Anyway, DDG's miraculous body of work over the last 7 years give him enough credit in the bank to excuse this dip in form. Only a few weeks ago, people were marvelling at his Spidermanesque saves against Spurs and West Ham (just 2 weeks ago!).
Right now, if Man Utd put DDG up for sale 99% of teams in the world would ditch their starting GK in a heartbeat for the chance to sign him.

Coach wrote:De Gea's errors are well within the realms of the acceptable, the issue is, as always has been, the fatalistic nature of the goalkeeper's faux pas. As the last line of defence, the keeper's error is exaggerated by consequence. To suggest contract wranglings or a desire to leave are the driving force between the dip in form, is mere poppycock. What has followed the first error, is the normal order of events. Self-doubt, loss of confidence, more thought less instinct. De Gea has a catalogue of incredible, instinctive saves this season, in addition to inspired, indomitable performances, his class is not in doubt. Only a few weeks back, Hugo Lloris was facing the same, earlier in the season, Pickford was in the pillory. Form follows function.
Exactly! How many saves did city keeper have to make? So much protection from their world class defence, same applies to Liverpool keeper! Sorry our defence is pretty average to say the least, Young and Shaw are both calamities, its far easy to blame DeGea, why was Rudiger given enough time on the ball to shoot? He should have been closed up

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Exactly. When a GK is facing Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Aguero, and Hazard in 2 successive weeks, and his only "protection" against them is the zombie that possessed Ashley Young's body, and guys like Dalot and Lindelof, I do not think it is perverse for said GK to suffer a touch of nerves and to be weary at being peppered on a weekly basis. I have been saying for the last 5 years that something is very wrong with a team in which the GK is the best player and best performer year after year. Anyway, DDG's miraculous body of work over the last 7 years give him enough credit in the bank to excuse this dip in form. Only a few weeks ago, people were marvelling at his Spidermanesque saves against Spurs and West Ham (just 2 weeks ago!).

Exactly! How many saves did city keeper have to make? So much protection from their world class defence, same applies to Liverpool keeper! Sorry our defence is pretty average to say the least, Young and Shaw are both calamities, its far easy to blame DeGea, why was Rudiger given enough time on the ball to shoot? He should have been closed up
Good points lads.

The elephant in the room is the defence.

Not that all the defenders are bad.
The good-ish ones are always injured, the likes of Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Smalling, no manager can rely on them to form a good partnership.
Then you have Young, and other fullbacks.

That is why LVG and Jose used to tailor their tactics to protect the suspect defence.

Ole opened that part a bit and De Gea is more exposed now. This same defence conceded one of the fewest goals last season simply because of tactics.
A shiny new 200million odd defence like that afforded to City won't hurt United :thumbs:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bailly came in, did his usual thing (wild reducer tackles that put people in the stands, head high scissor kicks - the lot), put in his best shift for months, then got injured, and is out for the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, Lindelof's bang average body of work flies under the radar because (luckily for him) Ash, Jones, Smalling, and DDG are taking all the flak. At times Lindelof books about as stable as a newborn calf skating on ice. Tuanzebe must be looking at the lot of them and wondering why he is out on loan while 5 defenders who are either usually injured (Red, Jones, Bailly), in bang average (Lindelof) or atrocious (Young) form, or reckless (Red, Bailly), or less experienced than him (Dalot) are at the club getting games. Shaw has actually been Man Utd's best defender this season.

benteke wrote: Good points lads.

The elephant in the room is the defence.

Not that all the defenders are bad.
The good-ish ones are always injured, the likes of Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Smalling, no manager can rely on them to form a good partnership.
Then you have Young, and other fullbacks.

That is why LVG and Jose used to tailor their tactics to protect the suspect defence.

Ole opened that part a bit and De Gea is more exposed now. This same defence conceded one of the fewest goals last season simply because of tactics.
A shiny new 200million odd defence like that afforded to City won't hurt United :thumbs:
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Class of 92 FC
United Way FC
United DNA FC

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Class of 92 FC
United Way FC
United DNA FC
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

DDG:

1) 3 errors leading to goals in his last 4 games.

2) 3 errors leading to goals in his previous 123 games.

The man is top quality. Form is temporary, class is permanent.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

na wa o! I thought they said ole was playing swashbuckling tiki-taka quick one-two twerking football? Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:na wa o! I thought they said ole was playing swashbuckling tiki-taka quick one-two twerking football? Odiegwu!

Ajax, full of academy players

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:na wa o! I thought they said ole was playing swashbuckling tiki-taka quick one-two twerking football? Odiegwu!

Yes o!

Onana
Tagliafico
Schoene
Dusan Tadic
Ziyech
Neres

Are all academy players!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

Yes o!

Onana
Tagliafico
Schoene
Dusan Tadic
Ziyech
Neres

Their first team squad has about 11 players from its youth ranks! Look at at Tottenham players, at least 3-4 came from Ajax academy, youth is th future, man united play them!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

Yes o!

Onana
Tagliafico
Schoene
Dusan Tadic
Ziyech
Neres

Their first team squad has about 11 players from its youth ranks! Look at at Tottenham players, at least 3-4 came from Ajax academy,

I see you have changed the goal post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the issue here is that Ole was supposed to be play swashbuckling scintillating titillating football! Remember? After 8 games you were twerking and titillated all at the same time. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: what happened? ehn? Ehn! :D

youth is th future, man united play them!

Snow is white! Sky is blue! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Youth is literally the future... I mean, that is actually a fact. :rotf: :rotf: