Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 80  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59918
Seriously, we need defenders badly. Watching the Bayern game on arsenal player. What is Kroenke thinking. Arsenal risk finishing 7th this season.

I hear we are linked to Cisse, 6'6" defender. Can't find any video on him. The defending is so shambolic, it is a major crisis.

''

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59918
Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.







Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16464
Location: El-Menzah
ohenhen1 wrote:
Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.







Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.


Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 50204
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
I understand Arsenal is rebuilding. But we should start the process this year. It will probably take 2 or 3 years before we can compete with City and etc.

At the minimum, this is what we need.

In
Everton Soarez AM
Danny Ceballos loan
William Saliba CD loan back to St Etienne.
Another Central defender
Klosterman RB
Thierney LB


Out
Mustaffi CD
Koscielny CD(replaced by Chambers in the team)
Kolisinac LB(replaced by Theirney, Monreal will be the backup)
Jenkinson RB(replaced by Klosterman in the team)
Mikhitaryan AM(replaced by Nelson)
Elneny CM( replaced by Niles and Joe Willock)


Arsenal started rebuilding in the 18 months before Wenger left. The idea that the process should start this year has me wondering where you have been.


Well it didnt feel like the club was rebuilding. So the Ozil contract is part of the rebuilding process?


So because Ozil has not been sold, we are not rebuilding. Let's look at the facts, the evidence.

Have a look at the players below.

Sanchez, Iwobi, Adelaide, Lacazette, Giroud, Welbeck, Lucas, Akpom, Ozil, Walcott, Sanogo, Campbell.

Xhaka, Coquelin, Elneny, Ramsey, Santi, Wilshere,
Kolasinac, Gibbs, Oxlade.

Bellerin, Jenkinson, Debuchy, Monreal, Gabriel, Kos, Per, Mustafi, Holding, Chambers.

Cech, Ospina, Szczesny, Martinez.

These players were Arsenal players as at 1 August 2017.

Four transfer windows later, how many of them are still at the club? There are 35 players listed above but only 14 are still at the club 4 windows later. In four windows 21 of those players are no longer at the club. 15 of them left while Wenger was still the Manager, in other words, 15 of them in 2 windows. For me this instability is the main reason why he failed in his last season.

That is what you call rebuilding. From the season we first failed to qualify for the CL, we immediately started the rebuilding process.


If I accept your argument. It means that Arsenal has been rebuilding for 14 years. They rebuild and then sell players and start the rebuilding process again. When will the rebuilding end. BTW I like the new kits design. I won't buy it, but I like the design.


Even in the face of facts, you argue. When was the last time Arsenal had a clear out like they have just done?

How do you define a rebuilding process in football. Rebuilding is about wholesale change of playing personnel. This includes major changes to the spine of the team to effect a change in the character of the team.

Besides, have a look at your initial comments, then square them with your last comments.

Arsenal build teams, Wenger built different teams which achieved varying levels of successes. Wenger started the ongoing rebuilding process that has seen the wholesale changes I mentioned above.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9409
Arsenal is not a serious club. This should be the 2nd of 3 summer transfer windows in which Arsenal give Emery the resources he needs to make the team competitive by his 3rd season in charge. Instead they continue their nickel and dime policy that is a proven failure. Looks like the only way the club is willing to spend is by qualifying for the CL which is not possible with the crap players at our disposal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 50204
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.







Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.


Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.


You would have had a point if this frugality was something new. The fact is, Arsenal remains the club that has spent the least of the top clubs by some distance since they moved into the Emirates.

In the last 4 years, they still remain below all of the top clubs (except Spuds) despite turning the corner financially. So your claims do not add up.

Moreover, Arsenal just shed £500,000 weekly in wages, with the departures of Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospinna. They also have the Adidas money.

A few months ago, when it was claimed we had £40m to spend, I disagreed, saying my analysis of the accounts showed the club had more like £100 to £110m without the Adidas deal and £100 to £160m with the Adidas deal and departures.

Adidas has not signed a kit deal not to be in the CL. They expect Arsenal to deliver in this window. To do this, the club must purchase the type of players we need to get in the top 4.

There is no way Arsenal will not be spending more than £100m this window, if they don't, there will be hell at the Emirates this season. Just look at the players strongly linked to the club.

Rumors say Saliba looks done, but till announcement nothing is done. But word is, Arsenal now in the market for an experienced CD.


Also, rumours of talk of Arsenal increasing their £55m bid for Zaha and negotiations ongoing. Zaha, Sky claims has made it clear he wants to join Arsenal this summer.

The rumours claim club is confident in getting Saha, Ceballos and Tierney.

But in the midst of all this Zaha talk is the Brazilian Everton, who has made some very pro Arsenal moves on social media.

Let us imagine all these rumour are true, for the sake of analysis. Are Arsenal in for Zaha and Everton? Surely not.
Is Arsenal using Everton to lower the Zaha price or are they doing the opposite? Time will tell.

Another rumour says Palace have approached us again for Jenkinson. This has me thinking about all sorts of scenarios if true.

To me, it is a good guess one of Everton or Zaha will join us. I wish it to be Zaha.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10355
Location: Osisi Nkwu
These Arsenal execs are jokers! They cannot complete an Everton from Brazil or a Tieney from Scotland, and they are trying to fool us that they are approaching Moise Kean. Jokers!

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9688
Arsene & Gooner chills - show some respect to the old geezer. Thank you Sir!!!!

https://twitter.com/regixta/status/1152329506008588289

:dream: 8-)

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16464
Location: El-Menzah
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.







Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.


Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.


You would have had a point if this frugality was something new. The fact is, Arsenal remains the club that has spent the least of the top clubs by some distance since they moved into the Emirates.

In the last 4 years, they still remain below all of the top clubs (except Spuds) despite turning the corner financially. So your claims do not add up.

Moreover, Arsenal just shed £500,000 weekly in wages, with the departures of Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospinna. They also have the Adidas money.

A few months ago, when it was claimed we had £40m to spend, I disagreed, saying my analysis of the accounts showed the club had more like £100 to £110m without the Adidas deal and £100 to £160m with the Adidas deal and departures.

Adidas has not signed a kit deal not to be in the CL. They expect Arsenal to deliver in this window. To do this, the club must purchase the type of players we need to get in the top 4.

There is no way Arsenal will not be spending more than £100m this window, if they don't, there will be hell at the Emirates this season. Just look at the players strongly linked to the club.

Rumors say Saliba looks done, but till announcement nothing is done. But word is, Arsenal now in the market for an experienced CD.


Also, rumours of talk of Arsenal increasing their £55m bid for Zaha and negotiations ongoing. Zaha, Sky claims has made it clear he wants to join Arsenal this summer.

The rumours claim club is confident in getting Saha, Ceballos and Tierney.

But in the midst of all this Zaha talk is the Brazilian Everton, who has made some very pro Arsenal moves on social media.

Let us imagine all these rumour are true, for the sake of analysis. Are Arsenal in for Zaha and Everton? Surely not.
Is Arsenal using Everton to lower the Zaha price or are they doing the opposite? Time will tell.

Another rumour says Palace have approached us again for Jenkinson. This has me thinking about all sorts of scenarios if true.

To me, it is a good guess one of Everton or Zaha will join us. I wish it to be Zaha.


Ornstein among others has said Arsenal had 2 budgets, 1 where they qualified for CL and one where they did not. We're a few weeks away from transfer widow closing and the only official addition has been young pup from Brazil for 6 MP.

I have no idea what the official budget is at Arsenal but based on Ornstein info one can summarize it's not 100 MP. What we do know is Arsenal have funds coming in from sale on clause of likes of bennacer, Jeff Rene Adélaïde, sale of Ospina among others, as you said £500,000 weekly in wages off the books via departed players and still purse strings remain tight at Arsenal.

As it stands Saliba is only a nominal initial fee as he will be loaned back to Saint Ettienne , Ceballos would be a loan, Tierney is said to cost 25 MP issue reported to be Arsenal reluctance to pay large sum upfront and Arsenal need for at least one more CB and a winger, Ornstein assessment that Arsenal budget pre sales of notable, highly paid players i.e Mhki, Mustafi is around 45 MP seems accurate.

I hope Ornstein is wrong but usually his info is highly reliable.

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5225
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.







Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.


Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.


You would have had a point if this frugality was something new. The fact is, Arsenal remains the club that has spent the least of the top clubs by some distance since they moved into the Emirates.

In the last 4 years, they still remain below all of the top clubs (except Spuds) despite turning the corner financially. So your claims do not add up.

Moreover, Arsenal just shed £500,000 weekly in wages, with the departures of Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospinna. They also have the Adidas money.

A few months ago, when it was claimed we had £40m to spend, I disagreed, saying my analysis of the accounts showed the club had more like £100 to £110m without the Adidas deal and £100 to £160m with the Adidas deal and departures.

Adidas has not signed a kit deal not to be in the CL. They expect Arsenal to deliver in this window. To do this, the club must purchase the type of players we need to get in the top 4.

There is no way Arsenal will not be spending more than £100m this window, if they don't, there will be hell at the Emirates this season. Just look at the players strongly linked to the club.

Rumors say Saliba looks done, but till announcement nothing is done. But word is, Arsenal now in the market for an experienced CD.


Also, rumours of talk of Arsenal increasing their £55m bid for Zaha and negotiations ongoing. Zaha, Sky claims has made it clear he wants to join Arsenal this summer.

The rumours claim club is confident in getting Saha, Ceballos and Tierney.

But in the midst of all this Zaha talk is the Brazilian Everton, who has made some very pro Arsenal moves on social media.

Let us imagine all these rumour are true, for the sake of analysis. Are Arsenal in for Zaha and Everton? Surely not.
Is Arsenal using Everton to lower the Zaha price or are they doing the opposite? Time will tell.

Another rumour says Palace have approached us again for Jenkinson. This has me thinking about all sorts of scenarios if true.

To me, it is a good guess one of Everton or Zaha will join us. I wish it to be Zaha.


Ornstein among others has said Arsenal had 2 budgets, 1 where they qualified for CL and one where they did not. We're a few weeks away from transfer widow closing and the only official addition has been young pup from Brazil for 6 MP.

I have no idea what the official budget is at Arsenal but based on Ornstein info one can summarize it's not 100 MP. What we do know is Arsenal have funds coming in from sale on clause of likes of bennacer, Jeff Rene Adélaïde, sale of Ospina among others, as you said £500,000 weekly in wages off the books via departed players and still purse strings remain tight at Arsenal.

As it stands Saliba is only a nominal initial fee as he will be loaned back to Saint Ettienne , Ceballos would be a loan, Tierney is said to cost 25 MP issue reported to be Arsenal reluctance to pay large sum upfront and Arsenal need for at least one more CB and a winger, Ornstein assessment that Arsenal budget pre sales of notable, highly paid players i.e Mhki, Mustafi is around 45 MP seems accurate.

I hope Ornstein is wrong but usually his info is highly reliable.


You still listen to Ornstein? He got no info bro.

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 50204
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.







Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.


Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.


You would have had a point if this frugality was something new. The fact is, Arsenal remains the club that has spent the least of the top clubs by some distance since they moved into the Emirates.

In the last 4 years, they still remain below all of the top clubs (except Spuds) despite turning the corner financially. So your claims do not add up.

Moreover, Arsenal just shed £500,000 weekly in wages, with the departures of Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospinna. They also have the Adidas money.

A few months ago, when it was claimed we had £40m to spend, I disagreed, saying my analysis of the accounts showed the club had more like £100 to £110m without the Adidas deal and £100 to £160m with the Adidas deal and departures.

Adidas has not signed a kit deal not to be in the CL. They expect Arsenal to deliver in this window. To do this, the club must purchase the type of players we need to get in the top 4.

There is no way Arsenal will not be spending more than £100m this window, if they don't, there will be hell at the Emirates this season. Just look at the players strongly linked to the club.

Rumors say Saliba looks done, but till announcement nothing is done. But word is, Arsenal now in the market for an experienced CD.


Also, rumours of talk of Arsenal increasing their £55m bid for Zaha and negotiations ongoing. Zaha, Sky claims has made it clear he wants to join Arsenal this summer.

The rumours claim club is confident in getting Saha, Ceballos and Tierney.

But in the midst of all this Zaha talk is the Brazilian Everton, who has made some very pro Arsenal moves on social media.

Let us imagine all these rumour are true, for the sake of analysis. Are Arsenal in for Zaha and Everton? Surely not.
Is Arsenal using Everton to lower the Zaha price or are they doing the opposite? Time will tell.

Another rumour says Palace have approached us again for Jenkinson. This has me thinking about all sorts of scenarios if true.

To me, it is a good guess one of Everton or Zaha will join us. I wish it to be Zaha.


Ornstein among others has said Arsenal had 2 budgets, 1 where they qualified for CL and one where they did not. We're a few weeks away from transfer widow closing and the only official addition has been young pup from Brazil for 6 MP.

I have no idea what the official budget is at Arsenal but based on Ornstein info one can summarize it's not 100 MP. What we do know is Arsenal have funds coming in from sale on clause of likes of bennacer, Jeff Rene Adélaïde, sale of Ospina among others, as you said £500,000 weekly in wages off the books via departed players and still purse strings remain tight at Arsenal.

As it stands Saliba is only a nominal initial fee as he will be loaned back to Saint Ettienne , Ceballos would be a loan, Tierney is said to cost 25 MP issue reported to be Arsenal reluctance to pay large sum upfront and Arsenal need for at least one more CB and a winger, Ornstein assessment that Arsenal budget pre sales of notable, highly paid players i.e Mhki, Mustafi is around 45 MP seems accurate.

I hope Ornstein is wrong but usually his info is highly reliable.


Wenger's gone, Ornstien is no longer in with the loop. So he is merely giving his opinion. Which is fair enough and I respect it.

But I maintain there is money to spend if they want to spend it from my analysis of the account. Last summer they bought players, the January window before, they bought players. However they sold a lot of players.

The account show they moved over £50m into the cash reserves when we needed it for the squad. I really don't think Kroenke will get away with not doing the right thing this window at the Emirates.

I am not sceptical because I believe we will sign players before the window closes. They have no choice.

Here are the latest rumours which I believe have legs.

Saliba will be announced on Tuesday.

Zaha remains a primary target and negotiations ongoing.

I do not believe the Everton Soares rumours.

Rumours of Arsenal's increased offer for Tierney. Club remain confident of getting the player.

Kos has placed a spanner in the works but we are now after another centre back.

Rumours now claim Ceballos will join on loan.

These will cost well over £100m in wages, Agents fees and bonuses.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 20129
Location: Planet Earth
Watching the game against Fiorentina and I hope we see Eddie Nketiah on a regular basis come the new season. The boy is a clinical finisher. Mustafi though is a disaster in the making if we don't get rid of him.

_________________
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 50204
Mister Dolly wrote:
Watching the game against Fiorentina and I hope we see Eddie Nketiah on a regular basis come the new season. The boy is a clinical finisher. Mustafi though is a disaster in the making if we don't get rid of him.


I concur.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 20129
Location: Planet Earth
Willock is another player I hope to see more of in the new season. Time to give some of this starlets an opportunity. They are hungry. We have to fix the defence though.

_________________
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5225
Mister Dolly wrote:
Watching the game against Fiorentina and I hope we see Eddie Nketiah on a regular basis come the new season. The boy is a clinical finisher. Mustafi though is a disaster in the making if we don't get rid of him.


Probably will go on loan.

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59918
A loan spell will be good for Nkettiah, 25 MP buy clause. He won't develop seating on the bench behind Lacazzette and Aubameyang. Especially after we sign a winger like Zaha or Everton. Aubameyang will move back to his preferred center forward role. Also a loan spell for Saka.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 29826
With all due respect, Zaha isn’t worth the numbers being mentioned and Beloved would be better served shopping elsewhere. As for the transfer budget and player approaches, shrinking violets, the party trick of the constant gardener. So dark the con of fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59918
Coach wrote:
With all due respect, Zaha isn’t worth the numbers being mentioned and Beloved would be better served shopping elsewhere. As for the transfer budget and player approaches, shrinking violets, the party trick of the constant gardener. So dark the con of fan.



I agree.it is a con.

Arsenal don't need Zaha. Zaha is a luxury purchase that you buy after the defense is sorted. I don't want Zaha. The money should be spent on a Center back, left back and right back. Sell Mustaffi, Kolisinac, and Kosicelny.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36894
ohenhen1 wrote:
Coach wrote:
With all due respect, Zaha isn’t worth the numbers being mentioned and Beloved would be better served shopping elsewhere. As for the transfer budget and player approaches, shrinking violets, the party trick of the constant gardener. So dark the con of fan.



I agree.it is a con.

Arsenal don't need Zaha. Zaha is a luxury purchase that you buy after the defense is sorted. I don't want Zaha. The money should be spent on a Center back, left back and right back. Sell Mustaffi, Kolisinac, and Kosicelny.

That Moroccan playing for Ajax is a better winger than Zaha and way cheaper,Everton is cheaper.
Get those two for like 45 million and you done with attack.
Now go watch tapes of copa and ANC.You will get 2 to 3 solid cheap defenders.Buy players that will fit into your style not pick name.Guys that will give 100% on the pitch.
@Coachito any cheap suggestion that will be better than Zaha ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16464
Location: El-Menzah
Does this sound like a club that can and will spend 100 MP this summer...


_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10355
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Does this sound like a club that can and will spend 100 MP this summer...



But your enemy Wenger carried this club through 10 years in CL and won cups despite all the shenanigans from the powers that be at Arsenal. Anyway let us see what happens. I wish Nnai Emeribe luck.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31579
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Wow! Mr. Arsenal Laurent on the way out in controversial circumstances. Werin hapun na?

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny agrees personal terms with Rennes over controversial summer transfer
Metro Sport ReporterSunday 21 Jul 2019 5:02 pm

Laurent Koscielny has agreed personal terms with Rennes as he continues to push for a move away from Arsenal this summer. Frenchman Koscielny has made over 350 appearances for Arsenal since joining the club from Lorient in 2010 and was made club captain following the retirement of Per Mertesacker last year. Despite holding that position, the defender refused to travel with Arsenal on their pre-season tour of the United States, opting instead to remain in London to force through a summer transfer. Koscielny has his heart set on a return to France, with Bordeaux, Rennes and Lyon among the clubs said to be interested in securing his services over the coming weeks.

According to French outlet RMC, Rennes are in the driving seat to sign Koscielny after agreeing personal terms with the 33-year-old over a summer switch. Rennes finished tenth in Ligue 1 last season and are coached by the highly-rated Julien Stéphan. The situation has left Arsenal shocked and furious as club captain Koscielny still has a year left on his current contract. Former boss Arsene Wenger, who signed Koscielny almost a decade ago, admits he is ‘very surprised’ by the situation unfolding in north London.

‘I am very surprised by the current situation,’ Wenger told L’Equipe. ‘I do not know the whole story, but Laurent’s behaviour with me has always been beyond reproach. I think highly of Laurent as a man.’ Current manager Unai Emery, meanwhile, says three players are in with a chance of being named as the next Arsenal captain. Even if Koscielny fails to force through a summer move, he will likely be stripped of the captaincy before the start of next season.

Emery said: ‘We spoke a little about that. Last year we had Laurent, Petr Cech and Aaron Ramsey. ‘At the moment Koscielny has a contract with us but we’ll speak with the club and him about if he will continue or not. ‘We have players with the capacity [to be captain], one is Granit, he was a captain in the dressing room. We have others like Mesut, Nacho. ‘There are other players who can take this position also. I want between three and five captains in the team.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/21/arsenal-captain-laurent-koscielny-agrees-personal-terms-controversial-transfer-10435571/?ito=cbshare

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31579
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Iwobi should stop stressing. This challenge is the boost that his career needs.
Omnisport•July 21, 2019

Zaha signing will add more stress - Iwobi ready to consider Arsenal future

Wilfried Zaha's arrival at Arsenal would create "more stress" for Alex Iwobi and potentially lead the forward to consider his future at the club.

Arsenal reportedly lodged an unsuccessful £40million bid for Crystal Palace winger Zaha earlier this month.

The Eagles star is thought to be interested in the move and would command a starting spot at Emirates Stadium after hitting 19 goals across the past two Premier League seasons.

Nigeria international Iwobi is prepared to fight for his position but reduced playing time could prompt him to seek a move elsewhere.

"Whenever the chance comes I always try and prove I should be starting," Iwobi told The Sun.

"But it's going to be difficult if Zaha comes. He will add more stress.

"I am up for the fight but the only time I would consider leaving is if I am not playing as much as I would like to.

"Obviously, my joy is to play football and not just sit out.

"If it comes to that I would have no choice but to leave. But I would always put up a fight to play - that is what I have done all my life.

"We have big stars already, so by adding another one I'll just have to prove I can do better than them."

Iwobi started 22 times in the Premier League last season, scoring three goals.

https://news.yahoo.com/zaha-signing-add-more-stress-100424846.html

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 80  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alategun, osita and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group